Linkin Park Nominated for VH1 Do Something Awards 2011

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

The 2011 Do Something Awards nominations have been revealed today and Linkin Park are amongst the nominees in their respective category. The awards celebrate those who inspire social change and work to make a difference in society.

[​IMG]

Linkin Park are known for their exceptional work with Music For Relief, often playing shows to benefit areas effected by natural disasters, releasing t-shirts and pioneering Download To Donate where they would receive donations in return for an extensive growing catalogue of music from various artists.

Linkin Park are nominated in the DO SOMETHING Music Artist category and are up against Adam Lambert, Nick Jonas, The Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber. You can vote by signing up to the VH1 website and selecting Linkin Park on the DO SOMETHING Music Artist page.

The awards ceremony will air on VH1, Thursday August 18th, 9/8c.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Hopefully they win. They deserve it.

Tihilp92

Tihilp92 Well-Known Member

It will be difficult to win it Justin Bieber and Mr.Gaga is here.But to vote for linkinpark :)

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Why dont they just give LP the award aince they have done the most?

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I hope they win, but seeing as Nick Jonas and Justin Bieber are on there, all the teenyboppers are going to go batshit insane over voting.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

I thought the Jonas Brothers fad was over?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Several things wrong with this statement.

1) It's Nick Jonas, not the Jonas Brothers.
    2) He actually has done quite a bit of charity work in the way of being an ambassador for diabetes, being diagnosed with Type I at the age of 13. He even testified in front of the Senate to promote the idea of increased research funding.
    3) You're talking about VH1 here. A show that was renown for having flashback shows about old fads. And you're asking if a fad is dead.

Cave Johnson, we're done here.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

Oh, i read it as Jonas Brothers, apologies.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Good luck to Linkin Park!

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I voted!

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Voted, good luck to Linkin Park and of course MFR!

DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

It's kinda insulting to see Linkin Park in the same sentance as these other artists. Of course, its going to be based on how much they have contributed to charity, but fans will be biased towards their favourite artists.

Minus

Oh God, it's so insulting that LP are being recognized along with other artists who inspire social change, like LGBT acceptance and diabetes research. It totally hurts their image.

gaganLP

gaganLP Where the Sun Sets Twice

voted good luck LP lp4ever <3

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

Best use of that quote ever.

You know what, thank you for saying that. It bothers me when people judge someone on their demographic rather than their actual accomplishments. All of those people have done wonderful things, regardless of who releases your favorite music.

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Linkin really deserve it. Voted for them.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I only wonder about Bieber... does he deserve to be in this category? Did he do all with heart or under a label's order for his -already over constructed- image? What can a boy of 16 years really understand about the world to help it, specially a boy who until 1 year ago cared only about shaking constantly his hair and crash on doors while doing that.
    What I am saying is proved by old LP fans who are still too young to understand ATS's lyrical importance compared to their old stuff. If they can't understand that, it means is related to age (beside a minor procent of immatures obviously), and people voting for Bieber are only crazy girlies who doesn't understand what Bieber did but just thinks "Ohh my little Bieber is on the main stage again!".

All in all, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve this prize, just I think only who makes it with heart and with own will and understanding (with wisdom, justice and love) should do it and be nominated therefore.

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Just as long as Lady Gaga doesn't win, I'm about ready to kill myself with all her 'We did it, Little Monsters!' posts on Facebook.

Minus

And who are you to say he DOESN'T deserve it? Just because YOU didn't understand the world at 16 doesn't mean Justin Bieber is as ignorant as you were. I know at 16 I was doing my part to make the world a better place. And really? Do you honestly think that a year ago the only thing Bieber cared about was shaking his hair and crashing on doors?

And then wait, at the beginning of your post you're asking if he deserves to be in this category, then at the end of your post you say, "I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the prize..."

Um, no. You're being a hypocrite. You made that post for the express purpose of saying that Justin Bieber doesn't deserve the prize. And why? Because YOU think he was ordered by his label to give their hard-earned money away, that he doesn't care about the world, and that because LP's fans are immature, that Bieber's fans are more immature. The latter argument doesn't matter. The fans of an artist does not indicate whether the artist him/her/themselves are good people. And the ignorance of saying that the only little girls voted for him? Pathetic. What about oh, the people that work at the children's hospital he raised money for? Or the schools he helped build with Pencils For Promise?

And you think LP are the only artists on that page that did this with heart?

I'm sorry, but you LP fans sometimes make me fucking sick. Stop bashing on these artists. Just because you don't fucking like their music or who they are doesn't mean the impact they've had on society is even less. Fuck off.

Mr. Vahn

Mr. Vahn *Cat Scratching On A Fence*

Completely agree, just because you think some artists' music sucks doesn't mean that they haven't used their hard earned money to make the world a better place.

I'm sure the award will go to the artist who deserves it most. It might be LP, it might not. Best of luck to them.

Side Note: Not all of JB's fans are little girls. He might have a serious fanbase. Not that I've ever cared to do some research about it. Grow up man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.