Linkin Park Red Carpet Correspondent at Transformers: Dark of the Moon Premiere

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

A while back Linkin Park held a competition to find a fan who would not only get to go and watch Linkin Park play their show at the Transformers: Dark of the Moon World Premiere in Moscow, Russia but also have the opportunity to interview the cast of the movie and Linkin Park themselves.

Kelley Drobnis, the winner of the Moscow Flyaway Contest has now posted a video of her trip online, alongside a blog post on the official Linkin Park website detailing her experiences. Check out the video and her write-up below.

[YOUTUBE]PJ2Unvgb254[/YOUTUBE]

"Привет (hello!), my fellow LP fans! Kelley here, still recovering from my trip to Moscow! As many of you know, I was the lucky winner of the Linkin Park Moscow Flyaway contest, where I was given the incredible opportunity to see the world premiere of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, interview Linkin Park and the cast of the new movie on the “green carpet”, and watch LP perform at their concert in Red Square.

This was my very first time going overseas; needless to say, it was the absolute BEST way to spend my first trip! I got to take my partner-in-crime, Tony, with me as my cameraman and travel buddy. After a 13-hour flight (which I did not sleep one minute of because of the excitement!), we settled into our hotel and got ready for the big day. We were up bright and early the next morning for the screening of Transformers: Dark of the Moon. If you have not seen the movie yet, go see it! I am a HUGE fan of the first two Transformers movies (not to mention the original cartoons from the 80s), and I must say, this is by far my favorite of the three films. Iridescent was the PERFECT choice for this film’s single, and it fit into the movie beautifully (I won’t give anything away; you’ll have to go watch it for yourselves!)

After the screening, we were taken to the Ritz Carlton where we did our interview with Mike and Chester on the rooftop of the hotel, overlooking all of Red Square. The view was absolutely breathtaking. When Mike and Chester got there, we got to sit and chat with them for a bit before starting the interview. I was one big bundle of nerves, but they instantly put me at ease, my nerves settled, and we began the interview. I asked them the best of the best questions that I got from the fans (YOU!). Guys, let me tell you: if you have not had the pleasure of meeting the band yet, GO TO A MEET AND GREET! Mike and Chester were, without question, some of the nicest, most humble, down-to-earth people I’ve ever met.

When the interview was over, we were off to the GREEN carpet premiere of the film, where we got to interview Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, John Malkovich, even Mr. Hahn himself :). I had never been to a movie premiere before, and I can now say that it is every bit as exciting as what you see on TV! Cameras flashing, celebrities everywhere, and I was standing right smack in the middle of it all. (By the way ladies, in case you were wondering: yes, Josh Duhamel is just as gorgeous in person ;-))

After the premiere, we were whisked away to LP’s concert in Red Square. They let us stand in front of the pit before the show to hand out guitar picks and Music for Relief bandanas to all the fans. Then, the first few chords of “New Divide” filled the air. The crowd went NUTS, screaming, cheering, throwing their fists in the air and singing their lungs out! We stayed in front for the first few songs, with the band literally within arm’s distance. It was INTENSE! Just when I thought, “this day seriously could not get any better”, we were taken to watch the rest of the show……from backstage!

The trip was, in a word, epic. Even as I sit here writing this, I still can’t believe that I had the chance to be a part of something so incredible. To Linkin Park: I’ll never be able to express my sheer gratitude for allowing me to have this experience, and to represent you and all of your fans (who, as we all know, are the BEST FANS AROUND!!) There really are no words to show how grateful I am, and what an AMAZING opportunity this was. So I guess I'll just say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you :)"

Source: Linkin Park via Ree | Zane

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Tyrese Gibson's such a boss. John Malkovich is uber chill. Josh Duhamel is like a beast. Oh, and then Linkin Park, I guess :cool:

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Joe, don't you think you should put that blog post in some sort of a spoiler so that not the entire thing is up there?
    It's kinda HHUUUUGEEE!!!!!

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

That was a good interview, she did an excellent job.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It's not that huge, haha. I thought about linking it but decided to just post it to save people the trouble of going to lp.com and back again. Didn't think it was that big of a deal, haha.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Cool.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

It's not haha. It just looked huge on the front page from my computer. :lol:

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I remember John Malkovich from Johnny English!!! The jumped-up Frenchman lol!

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

The interview seems so fucking staged :lol:

But it's all good though :rastamike:

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Thanks Joe for saving my time. :p

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I think she did a great job! :)

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Sounds like she had a lot of fun.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

3:37 - In love with that beauty in the back *swoon

Ahem..

Kelly Drobnis was very professional with how she presented herself with the band and castmembers. Congrats Kelly!

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

ha wow thank you for Thema great review :)!!! so facinating to read

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.