Lyrics Competition 2011: Can You Write Better Than M. Night Shyamalamadingdong?

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Minus, Jul 28, 2011.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

There once was a lyrics competition so amazing, all of Louis' efforts paled in comparison. It was like a :nyan: smoking with :rastamike: until it was so :awesome: it made [​IMG] the :pedobear:cry of all the epic :trololo: in front of :chrishansen:.

Well, this is the almost-as-awesome-but-could-never-live-up-to-the-expectations-of-the-first sequel.

THE RULES

Everyone listed as participating must come up with a random theme. Some stellar examples from last competition are shown below:

A small band of natives stumble across a crashed private jet and accidentally set off a series of events that may cause global thermonuclear war.

The smileys here at the LPA begin having affairs...and the ninja does NOT like it. Tough shit for the rest of them.

An anti-love poem trying to DESPERATELY turn someone off of you by highlighting all the wacky details about yourself.

Once all the themes are submitted, I will do a random drawing that will assign someone with SOMEONE ELSE'S theme. No one but you will know what theme you were given. You are then to write a poem or lyrics based on that theme. There is no length limit.

The entries are sent in and then voted on by a panel of incompetent judges. I mean, um, you. To the top three go the spoils!

THE VOTING

I'm changing things up this time, and we'll see how it goes. Instead of choosing 3 to vote for, you will have to RANK all the entries (minus yourself). So say there are 10 entries. The highest ranking entry will get 9 points, second best gets 8, third gets 7, and so on.

Obviously, if you didn't enter at all but still want to vote, you get to rank from 10 to 1 instead of 9 to 1.

So you're REALLY gonna have to look over each entry and see who deserves more points. The points will be tallied up and rankings will be announced, along with who wrote the original theme, who wrote the entry, and who voted for who. If you'd like to give reasons as to why you voted, those will be included as well.

REMEMBER, YOU DO NOT RANK YOUR OWN ENTRY.

THE PRIZES

In the name of healthy and vicious competition (and with mod/admin approval, of course), the prizes will be as follows:

1st Place:
    - A dramatic reading of your lyrics/poem/short story read aloud via an audio recording by Joe, in his best possible British accent.
    - Custom User Badge Title & Colour chosen by you for 2 months.
    - Change the NAME, SIG & AVATAR of an entrant of your choice who places below you for 2 months.

2nd Place:
    - Custom User Badge Title chosen by you for 2 months.*
    - Change the NAME of an entrant of your choice who places below you for 2 months.

3rd Place:
    - Custom Badge Title chosen by you for 2 months.*
    - Change the SIG & AVATAR of an entrant of your choice who places below you for 2 months.

*Your badge colour will remain the same. If you're a Super Member, it will stay blue, but you can change the text etc.

So, who's game?!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
    Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Thanks.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'm in.

Also, we can probably bump up a prize to a custom banner and colour. We normally do that on contests so I'm sure we can do that here.

So should we begin PM'ing you a theme? Is there a time limit where we can submit it?

Minus

The reason I made the prizes what they were was to promote healthy competition. As in, "Oh shit, I get to change Joe's name for 2 months?!" or "Oh shit, if I write something that sucks, the winners will change my everything for 2 months?!"

But the prizes are still negotiable since we haven't officially started.

Back to the point though, submit themes at any time.

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

sounds interesting

Joe

I think people maybe hesitant to enter due to the odds in having to change their shit for two months outweighs the odds of them winning. :lol: I like the idea myself, but I feel it may put people off entering. How about we do something like:

1st Place:
    - A dramatic reading of your lyrics/poem/short story read aloud via an audio recording by Joe, in his best possible British accent.
    - Custom User Badge Title & Colour chosen by you for 2 months.
    - Change the NAME, SIG & AVATAR of an entrant of your choice who places below you for 2 months.

2nd Place:
    - Custom User Badge Title chosen by you for 2 months.*
    - Change the NAME of an entrant of your choice who places below you for 2 months.

3rd Place
    :
    - Custom Badge Title chosen by you for 2 months.*
    - Change the SIG & AVATAR of an entrant of your choice who places below you for 2 months.

*Your badge colour will remain the same. If you're a Super Member, it will stay blue, but you can change the text etc.

Minus

Done. I'll update the main post.

Joe

Awesome. Now just to think of the craziest theme possible and work on my best British accent.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I'd have entered if it didn't a given theme. But I guess it wouldn't work without a theme :lol:

Joe

Dude, you should enter. It's pretty fun and you don't have to write anything serious, you should see what I won with last time! Submit a theme, and then when you get a random theme back just have some fun with it. It's all anonymous until the results come anyway so there's nothing to fear, haha.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Nah if it didn't have a theme I'd have entered with the poem I wrote for my university poetry competition lol. I'm just too lazy to brainstorm haha. But who knows maybe I'll give it a try.

Minus

It isn't about good writing at all. I mean hell, I got third place on the last competition with something I threw together in literally 5 minutes.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I'm in. This place needs some lively competition.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'm in.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I might give it a try.

Joe

You should, it's fun. Plus you can get a custom title and maybe even get me to read your work. :lol:

:vinnie:

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

How do you enter?

(Sorry if it states somewhere in this thread.)

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

There is no reason not to enter, people. To enter, just say you're in then PM the theme to Minus.

My PM has been sent :awesome:

Joe

Just say you want to join and then when you're ready, PM Minus with a theme.

Everyone who wants to enter sends Minus a theme. Once everyone has entered Minus will send out the themes randomly, so everyone has somebody elses. You then write lyrics/poetry/story whatever about that theme and send it Minus. Minus will publish themes to be voted on anonymously.

Your theme can be anything you like, as crazy as you like, based on anything. For example the theme you send Minus I might end up with and have to write based on it.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'll enter.