LPU Chat with Chester

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I hope this one will be good. All I want to know is what direction/sound of the new music is going. If its still too early to ask?
    Oh and someone ask if if Chester will release the remaining Acoustic DBS songs already! :lol:

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

Few questions I've came up with so far:

During this time frame would you happen to know where the direction of the record is heading?
    What do you guys do during the encores during the live shows?
    Will you be switching up the set lists on the next tour?
    Will you ever release the remaining live acoustic DBS songs?
    Future plans with DBS?

If there's anything else let me know so I will try and get him to answer every one of them. LOL

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

HEY CHESTER!!! Y U NO PLAY A PLACE 4 MY HEAD AT SHOWS NEMORE???!!! I MADE A PETITION AND EVERFING!

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Chester, when Linkin Park will tour my country???? WE LOVE U XOXOXO
    do u liek bacon?
    how's ur nose doing? LOL
    will u scream more on new album?
    when is the new album coming out?
    Chester, when Linkin Park will tour my country???? WE LOVE U XOXOXO
    are u ever going to make music like Hybrid Theory again?

I think I've just about got tomorrow's chat covered.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's pretty sad that LPU chats have devolved into that. I remember back when LPU had the moderated chat system and LPU chats used to actually be controlled. Now it's a spam fest that lags the fuck out of any computer accessing it, and the chats are always filled with morons. I think a better chat system should honestly be a priority with LPU11. I've seen chats get cut short because the band members couldn't take the flooding anymore.

Brandon

Seriously. It's a weird give and take. With the new system, the mods don't control the questions, which can be a plus for the fans. No offense to the LPU mods, but sometimes they would leave out some good questions, and pass questions that had been answered 10,000 times.

But in exchange, we get a ton of spam and you're right, it seems like the band members get kind of fed up with it.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck...the fuck?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I got really confused at that email. It says:

"you’ll be able to participate in the members-only LPU chat with Chester on Friday, July 29 at 2pm PT."

Then on the actual LPU page in the itinerary it says:

"2:00pm: LPU video chat with Chester in members-only chat room. Only Monthly and Annual members can access this chat."

So which is it?

Benjamin

I imagine it's whatever was most recently written which in this case is the email saying everyone can log on to the chat.

This won't even be a chat. It'll be a bunch of spammers saying:

WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE THIS!

The increase of spammers has a lot to do with why I don't really plan on rejoining the LPU anytime soon.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

You guys are such pessimists.

Brandon

Have you participated in an LPU chat over the past year?

Benjamin

It really isn't that bad when it's just LPUers. Well, sometimes at least :lol:. At least people don't do what I did above.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I hope the itinerary is correct and the Chester chat is LPU Monthly and Annual members only.

People need to ask interesting questions rather than "OMFG MIKEY XD WAT DID U EAT FOR BREAKFAST?!! LOLZ XD"

To everyone who can't make it to the chat tomorrow, post your questions here. I'll try and ask them for you.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
    shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

If you could, ask:

-what direction are they wanting to take in their new album (if they have an idea yet) besides "polarizing" fans even more.
    -what older songs from their first 3 albums would they seriously consider bringing back to play live.

Benjamin

Personally, I couldn't give a flying fuck about any live/touring questions.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

You just want to know what Chester will be eating for lunch, right?

:come2brazil:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Oh Rose Colored Glasses, you hide that the LPU chats have always been that way. From the moderator's point of view, I doubt they've changed at all, just in the old days all of the stupid comments were being hidden. I would even argue that the spam potential back in the LPU early years was much worse than it is now. Besides, the band chats that got cut short weren't LPU chats, those were ustream chats available to everyone. They changed to LPU to have a smaller audience and therefore less spamming.

I'd argue that the chats have gotten more interesting now that the band members don't have to type anymore. That's more face time and more questions answered.

Don't waste your time thinking up "good" questions.
    If a band member isn't sure of an answer or think they can't answer it, then they'll ignore it. If you've thought up a great question that shines like gold and for sure will get your 10,000 years of praise from your fellow LP fans, then it is going to get a nil response, or otherwise you're going to get an inaccurate response that won't matter a month from now when progress changes direction. And for cripes sakes, don't ask tourdate questions: those are worse than anything.

Best just ask something on the fly and hope he answers it. Otherwise, you can't really blame people for not having a question. What's stupid isn't' the small talk questions, but that nobody posts on topic.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.