LPA Monthly Mix-Up August: Dub/Dubstep/Reggae

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

After hearing many good remixes and reinterpretations of Linkin Park tracks over the last 10 years, and witnessing the huge success of our "LPA Featuring YOU" series last August (where we featured the best Catalyst remixes done by YOU the fans), we here at The LPA are proud to unveil a new and ambitious project that we hope will bring the fans together and energize the LP remix community like never before:

[​IMG]
    Presenting: LPA Monthly Mix-Up

What Is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?
    LPA Monthly Mix-Up is a new and ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Starting this month (and every month thereafter), we here at the LPA will be challenging fans to compete and show off their remix skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Remix Of The Month" with the next round of competition starting the moment the winner from the previous month is chosen. To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the "Remix Of The Month".

So, How Does It Work? (Official Rules)
    In order to make the contest more interesting and more challenging for those who enter, every month we will be posting a theme that all entrants are required to abide by to be considered for feature on the site. There will be no limitations on key, BPM or length (so go ahead and make a 10 minute mix!), but each submission MUST adhere to the genre (or genres) provided by us to be eligible for the competition.

Users must submit their entry as a reply to the this thread, and may use SoundCloud or YouTube to host their works. All SoundCloud submissions must feature THIS GRAPHIC as the album art, and likewise all YouTube videos must contain the aforementioned graphic in some format with the words "LPASSOCIATION.COM Monthly Mix-Up Entry:" appearing somewhere within the video/soundcloud upload title. This is done to help spread word about the monthly competitions so that more submissions can be made possible.

The Linkin Park Association will NOT be providing links to legit acapellas/instrumentals/rockband multitracks at this time (due to licensing/copyright restrictions), so it is the sole responsibility of the entrants to obtain the files needed to create their mix. It is possible to find these tracks via a search in Google, however; to protect ourselves we will not be hosting these files until we one day receive permission from Warner Brothers to do so.

How Can I Enter?
    Easy! Just upload your submission to Soundcloud/YouTube following the rules above, and submit it via a reply to this thread. One month from today's date (September 14th, 2011) we will go through every submission and pick our favorite(s) for feature on the front page of the LPA. We encourage everyone to submit their remixes (regardless of technical/musical proficiency) as we really would like this project to become something that every fan feels welcome to become involved in. The staff here all agree that the remix community for Linkin Park has for the most part (apart from official competitions) gone completely unnoticed, and this is our way of giving attention to fans out there looking to get their talents heard!

Now That We Have That Out Of The Way...

Our official theme for the month of August is:
    Dub/Dubstep/Reggae :rastamike:

Deeply rooted in the Jamaican Dub scene of the 1960s, Dubstep is a bass-heavy form of electronic dance music currently taking the music world by storm. Although it was originally inspired by Dub music (which in itself is an offshoot of Reggae), and has been around for more than a few decades, Dubstep recently has seen a resurgence in the DJ community with many artists such as Adele, Imogen Heap and even Linkin Park being subject to official dubstep remixes, in response to highly successful or highly charting singles.

For the remainder of month of August and until September 14th, we are challenging YOU the fans to create your own Dub, Dubstep or Reggae reinterpretation of Linkin Park's music. Feel free to remix any Linkin Park song you like (even The Catalyst if you cannot find other acapellas) and good luck!

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Finally someone might just make the long awaited Waiting for the End reggae remix. :rastamike:

Derek

Spread this shit like wildfire!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I have no idea how to even make a dubstep noise, lol. What software would be sufficient for that?

But in regard to this whole thing I think it's an awesome idea. Can't wait to hear some remixes!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
    yepitsreallyme

yepitsreallyme Member

yummy

great idea, i dubing fuck lovestep. also, emma watson is ridiculously hot in the picture above

linkingabo

linkingabo Member

I like this Monthly Mix-Up thing and will join it, but not this month I guess..
    I spread the word on FB & twitter btw..

DaveCNewton

DaveCNewton The Newtonator

Got a decent acapella of wretches and kings that i'm gonna have a mess with!

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Good luck to those who enter. I don't have the right equipment for this so I won't be entering. Can't wait to hear what people come up with though. ^_^

Derek

For the record, you don't need a turntable to make a remix. If you have fruity loops, or Reason or Ableton Live, you can make beats from scratch.

Charlie Sheen #Winning

Charlie Sheen #Winning Member

This seems like a really cool idea. Completely off topic, when will there be another LPA Podcast?

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I would do this, but I'm almost too lazy to work on my own original music. Not even a remote possibility I find enough inspiration to do a remix.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Excellent idea! I'll definitely participate in this from time to time, probably won't this month as I'm not a big dubstep listener in the first place, so I doubt I'd be able to come up with anything fitting.

Derek

We're planning to do an ATS Retrospective next month. Not sure if we'll have any guests but we will definitely have one soon.

Btw, whether or not you're from LPL, MSC, LPTimes whatever...we could use help getting the word out about this. This idea is not so much for promotion, but more so to push something to happen with the LP remix community. Right now NIN has http://remix.nin.com and Beastie Boys have http://www.beastiemixes.com , but LP has nothing.

We aim to change that :).

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Linkin Park lyrics to Bob Marley music ftw.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Reggaeton remix of "Wretches And Kings" ... mmmm ... :)

Derek

NICE! Even though this was made 7 mos ago, we will accept this as your entry if you like. Awesome job!

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Thanks! Well, since I immediately started on a reggae version of WFTE, I'll be totally fair and submit that when done :)

Derek

Can't wait for that :lol:.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

:rastamike:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.