Autograph value?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by M3gatallica, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    M3gatallica

M3gatallica New Member

Hello LP Association, I thought this would be a good fan forum to ask this.
    I was going through a box of my old things and I found my copy of Minutes To Midnight that was autographed by Chester Bennington himself!!!

I thought I lost this album so I bought a new one and I'm in a current situation where I'm pressed for cash.

Does anyone know how much this would be worth? If I was in a better financial situation Id keep it, but I'm not.

Thank you in advance.

Josh321 likes this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Unfortunately, autographed CDs are a dime a dozen in the Linkin Park world. Without a photo of Chester signing it or a Certificate Of Authenticity it's probably not worth a huge amount, especially since it doesn't have the whole band's signatures on it. You'd be better off keeping it. The only autographed things that are usually worth money for LP (or any artists) are guitars, or items that are uncommon (Hybrid Theory era skateboard etc). Even with those though, if you have no photo proving the autograph it's hard to prove its authenticity and get big money for it.

M3gatallica

M3gatallica New Member

I have a photo of him signing it with me in the picture if that helps.

Josh321 likes this.
    Derek

Might make it better. Best thing to do is put it on eBay, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't go for a lot. Not having the rest of the band members in on it really hurts the sale.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

$3.50

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'd put it at 15 bucks. I mean, the album without the signature was 11 dollars or something :lol:

Derek

I'd say closer to 30-40...maybe. Not having the full band on it almost completely kills its value.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

It's over 9000!!!!

Okay, not really, but you should put it on eBay to see if people will bid on it, but I don't think many people will if it only has Chester's autograph, as Derek pointed out.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

With or without a COA/photographic evidence, one band member signature or six, it really doesn't matter. Linkin Park signs so much merchandise that their autographs really don't boost the value of anything significantly. If they're still a popular band when they break up/retire/die, then their autographs will probably rise in value, but as a currently active group that signs a bunch of stuff, there isn't much of a demand for stuff like that.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I remember Mike saying once that his goal was to give out so many autographs that they would be worth nothing. He appears to be succeeding. Personally, I wouldn't buy it, especially since it's missing the other five (and since a full band signature is so common). My autographs have significant personal meaning to me, each one represents a moment I had with the band. Buying one isn't quite the same.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

My autograph photo of Mr. Hahn is priceless to me! Have to dust the frame it's in but still priceless! :sweating:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

wow that really sucks I'd have thought it would have been at least worth something.
    I was over the moon when I found a Machine head album in a charity shop the other week, which was signed by the whole band (i was like, who would give this away!? :lol: )But just judging by what you guys have said, I doesn't seem it'll be worth much. :(

Derek

It depends on the popularity of the band, how common signatures are and whether or not the signature can be proven as legit.

The fact that Linkin Park hold M&Gs where hundreds of people every show get items autographed, and also hold contests where the prizes are autographed items...pretty much makes the value of an LP autograph near worthless.

Unless of course the item in itself is valuable/hard to find, then that's different.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Monetary value is nowhere worth the price of experiences.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Honestly, no matter what you may have and how valuable it may be, keeping it is of the greatest value.
    I could own a house customized by Linkin Park with everything inside signed by the band, I would never ever ever ever sale it or allow anyone else to sell it even after I died

GekiLPL

GekiLPL Guest

I have a lot of signed LP stuff, I have met the band 4 times over the years and they have signed my HTEP, LPU 4.0 CD, LPJZ CD/DVD, MTM super fan pack, LP poster, and lots of other stuff. I also have other stuff like TRT signed by everyone in Fort Minor and Holly, Beatdown and Bobo. I have a MS skate deck from 2006 signed by Mike, I have a ningyo signed by Joe, Joe even personally signed a copy of Hybrid Theory for me when I went to SURU.

The point I'm trying to make is; all of this stuff wouldn't be worth much to average people. I wouldn't expect any of this to be worth any kind of money, but it's worth everything to me in my heart because it all represents a special time I spent with the band, etc, like what Kathy said.

So I don't think you'll get much for that, try putting it on Ebay with the picture of Chester signing it included. It hurts the sale immensely without the other 5 band members.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

My friend girl have all the boards Mike did some years ago.

[​IMG]

This was the pic my friend took nearly 7 years ago. Bout 2 years later, she sent me the same pic but this time it had his autograph on it. Love it!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Id never sell my ATS signed cd signed at the chicago summit. Infact, im going to get it a certificate of authenticity add my VIP pass along with some other memorabilia including some Ve'cel and Suru stuff and put it in a shadowbox. Im just too proud to sell my LP merch. :)

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Where do you get to check your autograph's authenticity for the certificate?

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Well, if you were on the brink of being homeless and you needed to pay your rent, I'd hope you would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.