The Advice Thread (formerly GSYWTLO)

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Have you tried talking to your current partner about how you feel? If you told him you wanted to leave him, would he care or even try and fight for you? If not, then I'd leave. Fuck feeling like shit in a relationship.

2. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

@ Sarah: Have you tried asking for an advice from your parents? I'm pretty sure old folks know a lot of things about relationship.

3. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I hate when girls do this. If you're not totally intent on leaving already, don't play that game where you make us fight for you lol. If you say you're going to leave, I'm assuming that means there's nothing I can do. If there's something I can do, I expect you to discuss things with me instead of saying you're leaving.

4. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

So I've been out of the "game" a while. Where and how do I meet people. lol I'm socially awkward and don't clubs and bars

5. Ree

Guys sometimes need a kick up the backside to realise that they're cunts and sadly when they see their girl leaving them that's when they realise that they need to fix up. I don't mean it as in Sarah should play mind games with him, I hate that shit. I'm just saying if the guy doesn't give a damn about her then she should let him know that she's not going to put up with his behaviour and is prepared to leave if things don't change.

I agree with you that she should discuss it with her partner first hence why I asked if she already has discussed it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  6. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I'm sorry. I'm not used to rational women. I won't question you again like that lol :sweating:

7. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Just places you go to normally, or places associated with things you like.

8. Ree

Are you being sarcastic here? :shifty: Don't make me turn irrational on yo ass, punk.

9. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

@Sarah, What Ree said, but I personally, I'd ask them straight out. 1. Do you care, 2. Are you willing to try. and depending on how long they take to answer decide. It shouldn't take them more than a minute to answer.

Also, if you yourself don't love the person anymore and you feel that you just don't feel the same anymore, it's not good to hang around only prolonging the inevitable because the longer you wait the more it sucks for both persons. Bottom line, ask him about it, and if you just don't want to be with him. Leave.

@Pidgeon As far as meeting people you like, I've become completely anti-social, unfortunately everywhere I go people try to strike a conversation with me. That's annoying, so become anti-social! haha.. No, just follow @Deans advice and go to places you like, and do things you enjoy and try to converse with new people there.

Now for my own question, How do I concur the universe and achieve time travel, and make all the earth love me at the same time as being a ruthless sadist. How should I go about it? :p

--
    Joking!... maybe

10. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I agree with this. If you don't have any places like that then find a new hobby or find clubs with the same hobby as you. Let your interests do the ice breaking for you.
    This is coming from a super-nerd. If there's places for me, then there's most definitely places for you.

this. Don't be that person who spends a 30 year marriage with someone they never really liked to begin with. Listen to your feelings and don't let other people or your own made up rules overrule those feelings.

11. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Yes I have talked to My mum about him and she has wanted me to leave him for quite a while. She was over the moon this morning that I had found another guy who doesnt put me down constantly and we were in the process of finding a house together. The control and verbal abuse has gotten too much and it is something that I dont want my kids to see let alone hear.

Btw in response to Ree, I have tried many times. He always says he'll change but he never does.

I dont want it to be messy I wont deny him custody of Kate, I just want it to be clean cut.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  12. Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

There's nothing quite forgetting about someone you haven't spoken to for a while and then seeing them pop up somewhere and remembering just how much they probably hate you.

And even worse than that is remembering that you can't really fix it...

13. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Luckily most of my exes, OK all of them, lived a good enough distance from me that seeing them ever again would be a one in a billion chance.

14. Dean

Seeing as this is a thread for advice, I'm trying to organise a holiday to Canada next year and would like some pointers.

I'll almost definitely be there in the late spring/summer/early autumn, and so far most of the places I'd be interested in visiting are in the east/central part so that's where I'm most likely to be.

I know it's a really big country and I probably won't be able to go absolutely everywhere in one holiday, but I want to take in as much as possible. I'm not sure if I'll actually be going with friends or anyone else, so this could potentially be my first time going abroad on my own and I'm game for pretty much anything. Urban, rural, high culture, low culture, whatever.

There are two specific questions I'd like to ask:
    1. What places/activities would you recommend I visit/take part in? Besides more obvious choices like Toronto or Montreal or Niagara Falls. It's not that I don't want to go to any of those, I just want to miss as little as possible when I'm researching potential destinations.
    2. What would be a good place to stay that gives me access to as much of the country as possible?

Besides that, I'm open to any general advice/suggestions. It goes without saying that this post is mostly directed towards people who are from Canada or have been there. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  15. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Whoa, almost necroposting.

I wish I could help you dean, I don't know much about that side of Canada.

But right now, I need help.

It's quite a silly one, I would think.

I find it hard to propagate my own existence. It's not that I'm sad, or upset.

It's just that existing itself.. It's quite.. Well, difficult.

I'm quite happy with who I am, I'm happy on where I am, to be able to study Psychology and be able to learn how people behave and learn ways to provide help, to reach out and give a hand is all very fulfilling. it's just the need to wake up and do something is becoming hard and harder. The desire to drink a glass of water so I don't dehydrate.. I don't have much. Nor much desire to eat. Though I appreciate and love learning how to cook, cooking for myself is hard, and I'd much rather not.

It's just every day responsibilities.. going through the motions..everything about existence is tough. I hope someone could understand, and lend me some advice to get me out of this rut. I'm open to suggestions.

16. Dean

Do you think something in particular happened to make you feel like that?

17. Theazninvasion68

I moved out to a State University. I've met a few people who are really awesome, but that's about it.

I did a total class switch because I got help and got put on a better schedule to graduate right on time.

:( I don't understand why I got this feeling.

18. Dean

I'm not saying it's likely to be really serious, but if it's just came out of nowhere and it's worrying you I would suggest seeing a doctor if you can.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Keep in mind this thread will never be eligible for a necropost. It's an advice thread and thus always open. We've also kind of unofficially relaxed the whole necroposting rule, so don't worry. :)

20. Theazninvasion68

Over the couple of days, I figured. I set up an appt. at the mental health center.

Thanks Dean, And Derek ^_^.