2012 Vote

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Erica, Sep 24, 2011.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Who are guys voting for if you don't mind me asking. I've looked and looked and all the candidates appear to be shit. Its kinda pissing me off. I guess I'm leaning towards Ron Paul (it makes me sick to say that). I don't want Obama back and all these republicans are fucking idiots. Idk man, what do you guys think

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Ron Paul. Most people that don't like him are either uninformed or misinformed about who he actually is as a politician. Or they just plain don't understand the complexity of some of his issues (free markets and sound money).

If you read about his issues and don't agree with most of them, then I don't know what to say. He's all about freedom and liberty. If you don't like that, I guess you're fine with the government controlling how we live our lives from cradle to grave and you're fine with it spending our country into oblivion.

He's the clear choice imo.

sotrix

sotrix @lplive

Barack Obama.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Welcome to how most of America feels.
    Republicans and Democrats are both anti "freedom" -as twisted a buzzword that may be.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Having supporters who mostly just harp on about how ignorant everyone is and do relatively very little to actually vindicate their own views probably doesn't help either.

I bet you think you're completely different to the Obama hype bandwagon from four years ago too. You aren't. If Ron Paul gets elected I'll put good money on him being another politician with a ridiculous cult of personality who ends up failing miserably. Of course, that'll be just because he's too deep and smart for everyone else.

I mean, he probably won't. But that way you'll get to carry on saying "I told you so!" and lording it over everyone. So it's a win win situation for your superiority complex.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    travz21

The majority of America is ignorant. The majority of America works 40 hours a week and doesn't have time to do any research on who will best serve as president. The majority of America has no idea about current events regarding our economic and foreign affairs. It's not their fault that they have lives to live. I can't blame them.

But the information is all over the web. I can't explain days and days worth of reading material to try and convince people. It's a learning experience. It's a different way of thinking about things. We as a society have totally forgotten about our liberties and freedoms and have gotten used to the government owning us. That's not how it used to be, nor how it should be. We're on a very dangerous path to losing our freedom and possibly destroying our nation if we keep electing people who are nothing but status quo candidates.

Ron Paul isn't just some standard candidate who people hype over during every presidential race. He's been saying the same things for over 30 years and has consistent views over that time. He doesn't flip-flop to fit with society's views. He's been persistent because he knows what's best for our country and won't compromise like other two-faced members of the government.

He predicted the housing bubble, the rising prices, the 9/11 attacks, and the endless wars. He understands Austrian Economics and knows how to heal our broken system of doing things.

People are hyping on this 76 year old prophet because he knows what he's talking about, and we're finally ready to listen before it's too late. If people don't want to take the time to understand his views of freedom and prosperity, like the founding fathers proposed, we're pretty much a hopeless society. Here's to hoping we're smarter than that.

Here's some ok reading material. Some issues of his are linked on the side of the page. There's also the other candidates there, too. http://2012.presidential-candidates.org/Paul/Economy.php

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

And you're calling other people brainwashed? "76 year old prophet"? You sound like a preacher.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The entire world works 40 hours per week, so do you think that everybody's just randomly voting in their elections? LOL

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

This.

Every one of the assholes running for the Republican nomination scare the shit out of me in one way or another and I don't want any of them near the White House, even if it's to clean the fucking toilets there.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Obama for the sake of not having one of these GOP candidates get in there. Though in my perfect world someone else would run for the Democrats. But at the very least I seem to agree with Obama about a lot of things; he just has to start getting some results.

And Travz I'm curious are you voting for Ron Paul even if he doesn't win the nomination?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm not really satisfied with what Barack Obama did during his presidency. I feel he caved in too much to trying to be bi-partisan and it ruined his presidency. He should've came in swinging and stayed that way. It was obvious during the first month that the GOP was more focused on a 2012 win then helping him out, and he should've seen that. How he thought he could've worked with them is beyond me, and I wish he would've figured out that back in 2009 instead of 2011 as he did.

That aside, I'd vote for Obama a thousand times over before allowing Rick Perry, Michelle Bachmann or any of these Right Wing nutjobs into office. Like Todd, they scare the fuck out of me.

Benjamin

On a personal NOTE this will be my first election I get to vote in :D.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I totally agree with you, except I don't I could vote for Obama again just because he can't get anything done. When I jumped on his bandwagon in 08' I thought he would be able to put his fist down and actually fix somethings. But as you said he's too worried about being bi-partisan. I mean I've done a lot research and I agree with his policies the most but he so ineffective

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Awesome! Voting in your first election is kinda fun, it gives you the feeling that you're able to make a difference and be part of democracy.

My first election was the 2004 presidential race, voting for John Kerry. Unfortunately that didn't work out so well :(

I haven't been 100% pleased with Obama either, but just the thought of one of those republicans in office makes me sick to my stomach. I have to do whatever I can to stop that from happening.

Benjamin

It is an interesting question: Do you vote for someone's policies or for someone that gets something done? To me the answer is obvious (the former) but maybe Pidgeon can convince me otherwise. Although, I'm not sure Ron Paul in particular would get a whole lot done. Remember that Republicans disagree with him on a lot of things.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Last year was my first election. I voted Liberal Democrat. It didn't go as planned.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I guess I feel like some policy is better than no policy. And maybe Ron Paul isn't the guy to get things done but then again I thought obama was and here we are

travz21

Haters gonna hate. Read about him for the next day and then come back here and see if you can trash talk.

Basically. They come home from work, turn on the news, take in whatever the biased news gives them, and then they vote. The public basically just gets hundreds of regurgitated opinions and has to decide from there. A lot of people vote based on if they just like the guy personally or not. I bet 75% of voters can't name more than half of their candidate's major policies.

And to everyone who still considers Obama presidential material, what is it you like about him? I actually think he's gotten quite a lot done, contrary to what a lot of people say. You have Obamacare, continued fighting in old wars, new unconstitutional wars, the renewal of the Patriot Act, bailouts and more bailouts, continued tax cuts, the Job Creation Act, the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

What more do you want him to do? What would you rather have him do instead of the things he's done? I think a lot of the things he's done outside of foreign policy have been with good intentions, but have had directly opposite effects in our economy. As for the wars, they are destroying our country. We have no money, are printing more money out of thin air to pay for it, and the people of America are hurt by it because inflation devalues all that we've rightly earned. Not to mention all the enemies we're gong to have in the future after we leave those countries. Why do you think 9/11 happened? Because we'd been over in the Middle East for 30 years bombing them for no good reason. Instead of using our military for national defense, Obama is continuing to police the world and nation build. Is that what you want? Even if we had enough money to fund everything, is that what you want the US to be doing?

What do you think of the TSA? Do you think it's been helpful? Are you ok with more and more security that violate your rights at airports?

The Patriot Act? Do you want the government to be able to search anything about you without a warrant?

Again, a lot of these things have been done with good intentions (hopefully), but they lead to a world where we literally have no more freedoms or privacy.

Would you vote for someone else even if you thought they would dig our country into a deeper hole? I hope you wouldn't compromise on your own values like that. Like if you want another Democrat in there, vote for a Democrat who represents your values the best. Everyone should vote for who they think is best, whether they are the two main nominations or not. The fact that there are only 2 main options that they give us is laughable. We're talking about someone running our nation for the next 4 years, and there's only 2 choices? Doesn't make sense. We had more options than that for high school presidential races.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

These are the points I completely agree with.

Benjamin

I second El Muerto. I can fully agree with what he quoted you of saying.