Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Don't forget, you can still watch our A Thousand Horizons event online for a limited time. You must register to watch. http://bit.ly/ogoZD9
    LP Twitter

3. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

The Jakarta Globe has an article up called, "Linkin Park Wows Fans With Jakarta Concert", which includes a short interview with Rob Bourdon before the show. Click Here for the story or view below.

Nu metal rockers Linkin Park performed to an eager crowd on Wednesday night at Bung Karno Stadium in South Jakarta.

The show was one of the final stops on the band’s A Thousand Suns world tour, which kicked off last October. After two more stops in Bangkok and Singapore, the members of Linkin Park will return home to the United States.

Wednesday night’s show was Linkin Park’s second appearance in Indonesia. It first performed here in 2004.

Fans Donie Ajo, 21, and Galang Ajieprayoga, 20, remembered being too young to attend the 2004 show in Ancol, North Jakarta. They said they lived outside the capital and they had not been allowed to skip school to go to the concert.

Galang, now a university student, said there was no way he was going to miss Wednesday’s show and the chance finally to see his favorite band play live.

“I’m even a member of LPU,” he said, referring to Linkin Park Underground, the band’s official fan club.

To pay for the concert ticket, which cost between Rp 550,000 and Rp 2.5 million ($60 and $280), Galang said he was prepared to sell his mobile phone, though it didn’t actually come to that. He said he managed to get together enough money to secure himself a good seat.

Donie, who works as a waiter, said he did not mind splashing out for a ticket. He bought one of the cheapest tickets, off to the side of the stage, and arrived at the venue early to make sure he could get a good seat.

Galang, Donie and all the other fans were rewarded with a balanced set of new material and old favorites. Linkin Park played a total of 23 songs drawn from its first three albums, “Hybrid Theory” (2000), “Meteora” (2003) and “Minutes to Midnight” (2006), as well as its newest album, “A Thousand Suns,” which was released last September.

The concert began around 8:30 p.m. with “The Requiem,” a track from the new album. When the band moved into “Papercut,” from its first album, the crowd went wild.

The band proceeded to pump up the volume with “Given Up,” from “Minutes to Midnight,” “New Divide,” which was featured on the soundtrack for “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen,” and “Faint,” from “Meteora.”

In an interview before the show, drummer Rob Bourdon said the band always tried to pick songs that they thought would do justice to each album in its live shows. He added that the band took note of fan reactions and concert reviews after each show and tour.

“We have a few different set lists that we alternate each night, so each night we will play something different,” he said. “There are certain songs that we’ve been playing for over 10 years, but on a certain night, you can just be in the moment and really enjoy the song.”

If they ever start to feel bored playing certain hits, Bourdon said all they needed to do was look out at the audience and feed off the fans’ enthusiasm for the music.

“When you see them, it’s really hard not to be excited about it,” he said. Bourdon said the band always looked forward to playing in places like Jakarta, where audiences do not get to see a lot of international performers.

He said touring was always about finding a balance between performing and mixing music in the studio. The band is already working on new material for its fifth album. Bourdon added that the band was always writing something to keep the creative juices flowing.

He said the process of recording 2006’s “Minutes to Midnight” had brought the band to a new creative level, one that involved all of the members writing and sharing ideas and material.

“ ‘Minutes to Midnight’ is the first time we kinda broke down the box, the walls and the rules, but we had a lot of struggle to do that,” Bourdon said.

He said the band’s latest album, “A Thousand Suns,” captured this newfound synergy between the members. Bourdon also thanked producer Mike Rubin for his input on the new album.

By trying to balance the expectations of both old and new fans, Bourdon said Linkin Park was experiencing an artistic revolution as they challenged themselves to create something new. “[But] we are still the same band that made ‘Hybrid Theory’ and ‘Meteora,’ ” he said.

After heading home from the lengthy world tour, the members of Linkin Park will have a few weeks to relax before their next show in Florida in October. After that, the band plans to get back into the studio to work on the new album."

Nothing special but with lack of Linkin Park news I thought it was a good read.

I hate how Linkin Park is called "Nu-Metal rockers" but I laughed when they called Rick Rubin, Mike Rubin. :lol:

4. Geki

Geki >.

They screwed up Rick's name with Mike Rubin and they said MTM came out in 2006 but it was 2007. No big deal though, it was a pretty cool read.

5. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I lol'd. :awesome:

6. Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

7. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

8. Zane

We had originally heard about this earlier this morning. But since the news has come only from a Twilight fan club and no official news has been revealed by Twilight's official sites we can not post this yet. But thanks for posting anyways!

9. Benjamin

The news poster already took care of the situation Zane! :awesome:

10. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Guys, there's no "keeping an eye out" or "waiting" to see if it's true. It's 100% fake, guaranteed and confirmed by us on Twitter hours ago. The fake tracklist is so far from the actual tracklist that is being officially unveiled tomorrow, it's not even close. Linkin Park are not on the soundtrack, end of. Sorry, or if you're glad, you're welcome.

11. TheMarekLP

TheMarekLP Member

I don't think that this is true. They would tell us, if they had a new song. Am I right? They would! Right?

12. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Trying to imagine what that song would sound like is pretty fun.

"You've just crossed the liiiine of dangaaaaahhhhh!"

13. Zane

I love how fans or people just always creates these Linkin Park sounding song titles...:lol:
    Song titling Contest Everyone!

14. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Line Of Danger is not an LP sounding song title because the band would never make a song title that blows that hard.

15. Benjamin

Don't think the song title is that bad lol.

16. Zane

.....Cure for the Itch

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Cure For The Itch is creative because it's a play on words. What do you do to cure an itch? You scratch. What does Joe do? He scratches on the turntables. It's a very clever song title.

"Line Of Danger" is not :lol:.

18. Zane

Sadly though, when I see these fake song titles like that one from pre-ATS and the first single rumors....the titles all sound like HT-like titles or Meteora titles. I don't know why that's how I always feel about these :lol:

19. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Erection is still Linkin Park's best b-side album title ever.

20. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

:lol:! Agreed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.