LPA Monthly Mix-Up October: Dance Pop/Dance-Hop/Electro-Pop

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Paolo

Paolo Well-Known Member

okay, I will use your tips! :)

Jake

Jake Give me reason

I like this. But for 6:40, it's a little boring.

Been just 1-2 months? Good going, I would say. There's better out there, but you are still doing very well :) And your entry fits the competition really well :D
    Although, your overall sound was "suppressed" in some way. It was bothering me throughout :/ (or maybe it's just the kick, like someone pointed out before?)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
    Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Frackin Frackers (",)

Thanx very much best Asian ever, especially coming from the August winner.
    all I hope is that the remix does Linkin park justice, and hopefully some fans will too.(",)

Glen Orpheus

Thanx Jake, perhaps I should have done a radio edit as well, which would of shaved off 2 minutes. But I wrote it with the intention of it being played out by DJ'S, so it would be mixed in and out of, almost all DJ's only play around 4 minutes of a track max before It's mixed out and gone. (",)

obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I should have sat down and done something for the last competition. This one is a little out of my genre....

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm kinda disappointed at the cop outs to this month to be honest :lol:. No offense intended anyone (so please don't take it as such), but the point of LPA monthly mixup (and its monthly themes) is not to wait around until your genre comes along, but instead to push yourselves out of your comfort zone and expand your creativity. The fact that only two people have submitted entries, with a little more than 2 weeks left in the contest is disappointing. Next month is going to a very easy genre and should elicit a lot of entries, but we were hoping people would rise up to the challenge a little more.

Btw this wasn't directed at you obiwan (i know it seems that way, following your post but it's not :lol:), it's more of a general statement.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

hey derek
    actually i would write more
    but im working and go to school at the evening
    so i am happy when i have a break and can sleep
    so sry
    it will change soon :p

Derek

Oh well, even if we have two entries this month...next month is going to be so easy (in my opinion) that entries will flood in. What will be truly challenging about next month is creating an entry that stands out from the crowd. :)

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

since im here
    i want to join every contest here
    is the challenge "mashups" or "hiphop" coming soon or are they out of the question

Derek

May be coming sooner than you think :p.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

once I get a better computer, I can participate in fun shit like this month's contest.

Glen Orpheus

looking forward to it derek, already started a new remix just last night....(",)
    and anyhow, deadline is the 18th right, meaning there is over two weeks left for people to submit entries, don't dispare (",)

JKHC

JKHC Active Member

K, guess I'll have to start my entry soon.
    I wasn't actually planning on doing this month after the first entry because I knew there was no way anything I made would stand up to that. All the entries so far are really good.

It doesn't hurt to try, right? ;)

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Go on, have a go. Looking forward to hearing your entry. :)

Derek

Exactly it never hurts to try. Rawrzar last month thought his entry wasn't that good, and it was actually our favorite. Never doubt yourselves guys!

Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I have an entry that could possibly fit in to the genre, however it is purely instrumental. It is based on Burning in the Skies. Should I submit this, or are vocals a necessity?

In reference to the previously mentioned "hip-hop" theme, I have another instrumental based on Robot Boy that could be classified as hip-hop, but once again no vocals.

Derek

There is a Burning In The Skies acapella out there. Have you tried messing with the acapella to see if it fits the instrumental? We'd prefer vocals if possible.

Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I will look into it and see if I can integrate the acapella into the instrumental in an interesting way. I can only do so much with FL Studio 10 on an outdated windows XP desktop :) I really want to enter this competition though, I have been creating instrumentals and beats quietly in my room for quite some time now, and it would be great to share them with like-minded people such as yourselves. I'll take it as a personal challenge to integrate these vocals successfully. With so few entries this far into the competition, it wouldn't hurt to inject my creation. I love what you guys do with these monthly mix ups, I regularly check the forums though I rarely post anything. Thanks for everything you guys do with this site, it doesn't go unappreciated.

Derek

Thank you! We may eventually do an instrumental month to highlight those who like to make original compositions, but since the point of this contest (apart from the cover months) are intended to be remixes, vocals are strongly encouraged. And even if you don't win, we always encourage runners up to continuously re-enter in the hopes of one day being crowned the winner. These competitions are meant to be fun, and to bring the community together so we strongly encourage *everyone* to try. People shouldn't feel like they can't enter just because their PCs are outdated or they're new to remixing...if you can create something that sounds nice to the ears, you should enter regardless of talent. So I'm glad you're taking the challenge :). Perhaps you could slightly remix the instrumental, so that it fits the vocals perfect. Who knows!

Either way, thank you for the compliments. Glad you love our site! Hope this isn't the last time you post, or the last time you enter. We'd love your continued contributions to the community.

PaulGardinerLP

PaulGardinerLP Well-Known Member

I really like what you have done with this. Needs to be listened to through headphones though (or really good speakers) to really appreciate it. I can also hear a little Cyber Punk in there too! Just a little!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.