Linkin Park Rumored To Play Rock Am Ring 2012

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Although Linkin Park have stated in the past that they intend to begin work on their 5th album and get it out sooner than the norm, it appears as if Linkin Park may be lined up to play the Rock Am Ring festival in June 2012. According to a rumor posted by ringrocker.com (an online fan community for the Rock Am Ring festivals), Linkin Park are rumored to play Rock Am Ring 2012 alongside acts such as Evanescence, Limp Bizkit, Justice and others. Taking a quick look at Evanescence's tour schedule (for reference) they are expected to travel in Germany later this year, but much like Linkin Park, do not have any tour dates scheduled yet for 2012. Limpbizkit also do not have any dates beyond March of 2012, so whether or not these rumors are true remains to be seen.

Since these rumors originated from a Rock Am Ring fan community, and not from an official German ticket provider/concert organizer we are treating this rumor as unverified at this point. Stay tuned!

Source: Ring Rocker via tschenneck

tschenneck

tschenneck Well-Known Member

Thanks for noticing my info and creating this thread! :awesome:

Derek

We were super iffy about posting this, which is why the entire post is worded cautiously...but the way we figure it is that news is very slow, and they've played these festivals in the past so its not out of the question.

Jake

Jake Give me reason

Not sure if I want them to play there. I need that fifth album!

Derek

Honestly, this is just like the rumor that they were playing in Venezuela that still has yet to be confirmed. Take it with a grain of salt, Jake.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

OMG! OMG! OMG! So if Linkin Park play at the same place as Evanesence That means they can play "Bring Me To Life" like they did on Evanesence's first album! OOOOOOH I can't wait! I love Evanesence. She is sooooooo hawt!:awesome: I do realize that it was totally Paul McCoy from 12 Stones, and not any member from Linkin Park, that sung on "Bring Me To Life" with Amy Lee who is the lead singer to Evanesence. She, not the band, is pretty hot. By the way, the "Bliss mix" without Paul is better in my opinion. if you took this post seriously, the joke's on you, bub.
    :lazars:

Malvar

Malvar Well-Known Member

Linkin Park always sound good when playing at Rock am Ring, looks like this place is magic. I hope they play in 2012 with new songs, and we get, at least, any proshots of course!

Nuburo

Nuburo Banned

TO ME, it would be a very promising thing if Linkin Park were to actually play at Rock Am Ring on June 2012, as that would suggest that they would be promoting their 5th album? It would have been over a year and a half in the making so it's totally do-able. IF this were to be the case, then expect hype from the album by Mike and the band themselves by earlier 2012 (jan/feb).

Derek

Not necessarily. LP has already played a Rock Am Ring (2004) when they had absolutely no new albums coming out.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

If this does happen, I say this could be kind of like an escape the studio show. I don't think they will do a full out tour but rather a few shows here and there next year. I might be wrong but that's how I see it going down.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I tend to agree with you on this, Dustin. While I am optimistic that Linkin Park will have music out sooner than previous gaps between studio albums, if they were to play Rock Am Ring 2012, it would be much like 2004 with no new album out. However, I have to say, Faint from the 2007 show at Rock Am Ring is up there as one of my favorite live performances by the band, so here's to hoping they play the show! :headbang:

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

In all seriousness, I also agree with Dustin here...

shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

So do I. It could be like in 2006 when they played Summer Sonic though. They played Qwerty but the album came out like 9 months after that. They might play a song that they are working on in the studio.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

That was in support of Meteora. But yeah, they've played plenty shows that weren't in support of any album though; 2005, 2006, 2009 come to mind.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

That's very possible...They have been to Europe every year since 2007. LP just loves Europe. And Europe loves LP : )

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Based on these estimates then, we won't have a new album until january 2013...:lol:

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Which would still be faster then Minutes To Midnight (4 years and 2 months since the release of Meteora) and A Thousand Suns (3 years and 4 months since the release of Minutes To Midnight). So that would be an improvement for them.:lol:

I can't wait for album 5 but I don't see it happening until the end of next year or early 2013. It really just depends on when they feel they have a good collection of songs, if any side projects come up (Mike writing the score for "The Raid) and when Linkin Park feels physically and emotional ready for touring in support of the new album.

Either way, I have a feeling next year will be a good year for Linkin Park fans! A release date for LPU11 would be a great start... :awesome:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'll be taking this with a little more than a grain of salt. Probably more along the lines of a Himalayan salt block.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Same here.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Great time to be alive...and even a greater to be a Linkin Park fan! :awesome:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.