LPU 11 Details and Tracklist Revealed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

"Pictureboard" is Slip's bridge.

Lpu11 demos have hit youtube already... Kind of a shame for everyone who pays for the membership...

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yes please!

Awesome, so the elusive pictureboard is finally out. How awesome! Now I really cannot wait to hear the CD.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm trying to transcribe... I'm at work now so it is kind of hard to do... Might have to wait until I get home though...

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I have to say this, as last year's LPU, is pretty interesting for who follows the band closely... keep making CD's with demos is surely the best way to entertain us.
    That is an objective opinion however. I myself don't follow the band too closely since a while and honestly the demos... well, I don't like none of the like 20 I heared in these 2 years. I enjoyed "I have not begun" last year, tho the recycled sounds of "secret" were surely not the highlight of it.

LPUX demos made me feel incomplete because all songs were cold, didn't leave any kind of defined feeling in me, repetitive, poor aside from a few interesting single sounds.
    LPUXI is not the same. The instrumentals seems more emotional on some degrees. Still there is the feeling tho of that being repetitive, and in some cases, most of all in Soundtrack the guitar ruins it all. In the comments of -Mike?- is written they turned the guitars overloud, but I don't think the problem was the guitar volume at all, but simply the presence of a powerchord guitar... overused by the band in those Eras and overused in that track. The rest of the song would have been pretty brilliant otherwise.
    Then we have a copy of A.06 with 3 notes changed and what remains on the album is "average" music with no much appeal whatsoever.

On a note! I am not complaining of getting demos, that is the best gift a band can make, to show the origin of a song (as Crawling in Blue) and the changes, inedits, ... but simply in my opinion there is an abyssal difference of the songs that were effectively released and what has been kept in the vault. Of course is wonderful that tastes changes from person to person, which is what makes music unique, and I don't agree with who says "gosh these demos are so freaking amazing I dunno how LP would be without the changes of Warner" and stuff like that. I don't see that extraordinary and revolutionary sound in the demos.

The positive side of the demos to me is to see how well designed "Session" is, compared to all the instrumentals with no build ups in the demos, how interesting the little intro of MTM is or the little outro of Shadow of the Day, so simple but even tho so... strong, emotionally talking. Also I think the first recordings of Chester's voice were pretty bad, some out of tunes here and there, so the positive side is to see how much he learned to really sing in all these years.

On a last note, the only thing I'm disappointed is the absence of ATS demos. I wouldn't care to hear 30 tracks of 1 minutes each if they are weird and distorted or strange... I think LP did a lot of worth-to-listen experiments in 2009 and 2010.
    I personally don't wanna hear the guitar of Meteora anymore on "new" demos...

Anyway, thanks LP for releasing new material while waiting for a new album ^^

Derek

"Slip" is NOT pictureboard, just got confirmation from Adam (who HAS heard Pictureboard).

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

What a great way to wake up!
    I'll have to see if I can buy it on Monday, depending on how much my paycheck is. I'm listening to the rips on YouTube, and right now my favorite track by far is Blue. That's probably the most surprising sounding demo we've ever gotten.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

HELL YEAH :headbang:

All I can say is trust this band to release an album full of b-sides and demos right when I'm suppost to be working on a Essay for uni. Ah well! :D

Cannot wait to hear these.

And to all that have been complaining that the demos sound too "dated" and too "nu metal", then all i can say is STFU! this is what we, the fans, wanted. If you complain, we'll only get live tracks again. :trollface:

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

These demo's are BADASS.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

in the end demo epic!

Derek

Best LPU cd ever. "Slip" is the song that they were performing during "Jamming With Hybrid Theory", and "Esaul" is the version we heard on the Frat Party DVD. Then you have "Blue" which has the earliest version of the Crawling chorus to exist, as the bridge/ending of that song was later taken and used as the chorus and basis for "Crawling". How incredible. I am itching to get home now to hear the entire CD. Amazing job Linkin Park, it'll be hard to top this LPU CD.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I would've loved more ATS/MTM demos instead of HT/Meteora ones.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Do any other bands do stuff like this?

I mean release demos every year to there fan club.

Jeff

Not that I'm aware of.

Rana LP Luvr

Rana LP Luvr 'Fly me up on a silver wing'

OH MY GOD!!! I really want to join LPU11 as fast as i can ... It looks really awesome ! And those tracks seem fantastic :D

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
    Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:awesome:

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Fuck I'm at school. This is torture, lol

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

That's why it's called a demo. :rolleyes:

Jeff

It's not labelled as the Crawling demo though. :p

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Awesome! I really liked the new website, and the new LPU package :D

As for the CD, I think we all should be satisfied. Once again we got unreleased/rare music from the band.

My favorite songs are "Slip" and "Blue". I love how fresh those songs sound compared to their old music from the HT era. "Broken Foot" sounds great too. It reminded me a bit to A.06, and I feel it could've been a great song with some rapping and screaming.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I think some of these songs would be brilliant if not for the things that ruin them.

One example being the guitar in Soundtrack. That song has such an ambient feel to it, I am reminded of sirens and the essence of emergency and danger with a coming continence and resignation of a doom that is inevitable, but that mood all falls apart as soon as the heavy guitar riff comes in. I wish it were much more quiet and much more subtle or possibly even not there at all.

I think if they had kept the guitar out of it, then that would be one of my favourite Linkin Park tracks to date.

I like the vocals in Robot Boy, but the lyrics, not so much.

What I've done is a really good instrumental I think.

I really like Blue but the harder parts of the song I feel is just pushing it. It's one of the best songs on the disc though.

Though that being said, I've only listened to each track once so I might change my mind on some things.

But really, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE Soundtrack if not for that heavy guitar stuff.

EDIT:

Okay, I change my mind about the remaining Meteora demos. I just re-listened to Program and I LOVE it. Well, besides the heavy guitar again! Really wish that wasn't there. Well, maybe a bit more subtle.

Not such about Broken Foot yet though. Hmm. I may be opening up to it.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.