LPU 11 Details and Tracklist Revealed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

If they would have offered stuff like this years ago when I was actually a member, I might have stuck around. That's a quality track listing, no live stuff, just chock full of demos and shit. Can't complain about it this time.

Although they continue to have the worst working titles for songs, ever.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Having been a part of 2-3 fanclubs over my lifetime (including the Michael Jackson fanclub when I was younger), I can tell you: absolutely not. LPU is the only fanclub that offers a CD every year, a merchandise package, these summits and other things they do every year. Most see the 60.00 and cringe, but fail to realize that for what we get, 60 is a steal. It doesn't even begin to cover the value of everything we get. LPU rocks!

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I'll be renewing my membership soon.

Hmm, more Summits and live shows in 2012? Interesting.

VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

I hate to ask this, but could anyone upload the digital version for their fellow members? I mean, I already paid over $61 dollars for the whole package, and I'd like to listen to the songs now.. Asking another 10 bucks for a digital download of the CD you're going to receive anyway is just profiteering.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:awesome:

Proves LP rock. :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I don't know of many bands that even have a fanclub, really. Like, an actual one.

Viper224

Viper224 Well-Known Member

This might be my favorite LPU tracklist. "Slip" and "Blue" stand out to me. The Meteora demos are pretty cool too. "Broken Foot" reminds me of "My Own Summer" and "A.06" for some reason. It's also awesome to have a better quality of that version of Esaul.

Derek

It's not profiteering because it's completely your choice to download the 10 dollar digital version, the LPU is not requiring you to purchase that digital version as part of your membership. You're given the *choice* to download the CD early, but if you want that luxury you have to pay for it. We here at LPA cannot upload the album for free for you because demos or not, the music is still copyright of LP/Warner Brothers and can set us up for a Cease and Desist, shutdown, or lawsuit from WB/RIAA for hosting it. It's simply not possible. Sorry.

VorteXLP

Fair enough ;)

Derek

Trust me, we'd love to help you guys...we just don't want to get shut down :lol:.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on the physical CD - so I can look inside the booklet and see my name :)

Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

Interesting indeed... This could mean so many things. I think it definitely tells us that the new album is progressing nicely if they are confident enough to start talking about shows and summits so soon.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Same here.. but I guess there's always next year :awesome:

VorteXLP

Wow, am I the only one who ADORES this Robot Boy version? I think it fits more into the whole ATS album, lyrics-wise. And I agree, in the next LPU I would love to have only MTM+ATS demos.

Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I wish they would have used some of the lyrics in this demo on the album version, but not all of them. Namely, "truth is; your trust is a gift, it's something we all can lose." that is an amazing statement. I like the original "weight of the world..." better than "not where it goes, where it leads you to..."

And I would have preferred mostly, if not all, ATS demos. I am fascinated with this period of their creativity, and I would have loved to have heard some early versions of ATS so we could have seen how the songs progressed to the masterpiece they are now. It could be possible that they only provided Robot Boy's demo because they are possibly using some discarded/unfinished ATS stuff for the new album... I remember reading somewhere Ric Rubin mentioning there was some ATS stuff they were gonna come back to... I could have interpreted this wrong, however.

VorteXLP

My thoughts exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

No, no, no. Slip is the song from the "Jammin' With Hybrid Theory" video that's been on Youtube for a while. That song was RUMORED to be Pictureboard (just because Pictureboard was known to have been performed live once, and the footage was from an early band rehearsal), but there was never any confirmation of that.

*Edit* Didn't see Derek's follow-up post.

Also, as far as Blue/Crawling goes, Mike has said that the chorus in Crawling was originally part of another song that they discarded, so it's likely that Blue is where it originally came from.

*Edit 2* Hadn't read the notes from Mike yet, that is, indeed, exactly what the relationship between Blue and Crawling is. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
    Derek

Man Astat, learn to read first. :trollface:

Kidding.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

What a great collection of demo's. This is some good stuff. I really think Blue had the potential to be a really good song, but the lyrics leave a lot to be desired.

Derek

If LPU12 somehow tops this CD, I will likely crap my pants. Just saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.