LPU 11 Details and Tracklist Revealed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Slip and Blue are surprisingly fresh. The rhythm on blue is so unique compared to a lot of other HT-era tracks.

2. Alex10

Alex10 Active Member

Does anybody knows if i could buy the CD only (financial reasons).Even if i am not a lpu member.

3. Rana LP Luvr

Rana LP Luvr 'Fly me up on a silver wing'

I listened to the songs ... I just have to say that this one is really magnificent ! I actually love all the demos every single demo even more than the official , i really find that the style Linkin Park have with those tracks that are not official have something really and i don't how to explain . I love A.06 from LPU9 it seems something you couldn't imagine they do and Halo from LPUX just imagine if it was released in 2002? I love how every year they release an album with the demos , you just find how Linkin Park can do all the kinds of music you can't call them a rock band maybe a band with too many genres or has its own genre :headbang: :awesome: Hope i'm not annoying , ha .

4. ProjektSoxRock

ProjektSoxRock Of Beauty & Rage

I listened through the CD and this is one of the better LPU CDs in my opinion and it also makes me appreciate the new direction of Linkin Park that much more. These old demos are a nice flashback to the nu metal sound, but I just love the new sound and the Robot Boy demo was a great listen.

Here's to hoping for more ATS demos next year!

5. Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

I kinda wish they would have used some of these Meteora Demos instead of some of the songs that ended up making the album, ie. Hit the Floor, Figure. 09, Don't Stay. It would have made for a more diverse sounding Meteora. I don't know, maybe it sounds more diverse because I'm not used to them yet.

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Meteora was clearly going to be a lot better album than it was, the Meteora demos from the past 3 LPU CDs have proven this. It's difficult not to blame the label when you hear how different the Meteora demos are compared to the final product we received. They're far more advanced, far more technical and a lot better done than what we got on Meteora. Had LP had the creative freedom they did with ATS on Meteora, I believe the album would've been 100% different.

7. finality

finality Well-Known Member

I really wish Program was a complete track. But it makes for a fantastic instrumental. Hng.

8. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Got to ask you something here. In whose demos exactly of the Meteora Era you hear "difference", more advancement and specially more technique?
    Unfortunate is maybe the most different one, then comes Soundtrack (if we remove the powerchord) which eventually could be an old form of LOATR transformed into a new theme. The rest is simple, and not that different from the final product.
    Broken Foot is the same o' same, same riffs, same guitar, fairly with less quality on single instruments as it is a demo, but surely not more advanced than Don't Stay or Lying From You IMO. Plus on the one sound in the first 2 seconds in the intro was put exactly the same kind of distortion than in Program's intro sounds, which is not a pleasant effect to hear over and over, nor shows any enourm creativity compared to what made the album. And... well that's it already, those are the only demos we got. What about Mike's comment saying Broken Foot is what all Meteora's demos sounded like? See A.06 = Broken Foot minus a couple of notes.
    I agree the lyrics on the album are boff, and I agree Warner has to disappear from the world, but still there is a whole abyss in between of the demos and the final, platinum and multi-awarded product.
    The real difference in their potential is eventually heared since the demos of MTM, surely not before.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Halo, which is surely a nice track, but not an improvement to Numb, it was just fresher to hear 7 years after Numb and after Numb got heared three billion times between live shows and TV.
    One thing one has to remember, is that most of the tracks were unheared instrumentally. LP focuses so much on vocals to let some listeners catch the heavy riffs and eventually the drums, but the effects or little sounds are left behind in the background of the music. I saw some people saying they never heared the crazy synth in the end of Robot Boy until hearing the instrumental, just to give you the idea. Meteora, as every other album of LP, has nice effects and sounds in it, surely technically more elaborated than the simple demo distortions, which served to give a footprint to the direction to take, not to make up the clean sound of the finished version.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  9. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Demos are the good stuff before Mike flip it, change it here and there, make it special! Most of the songs are for all the other guys. Rob, Dave, Joe, Brad......hey that's right.......they're part of LP too! *chuckles* More the them then just purdy faces...:sweating:

10. Derek

See Storm, what I'm referring to and perhaps my wording kinda sucked, was not so much that any song had more "skill" than the other (after all, it takes skill to write hit after hit...even if the song does sound overproduced) but what makes the Meteora demos so special is that they seemed to follow the MTM direction, a full album cycle before we even heard that direction. We'll never know what lyrics were made for those songs, but apart from the powerchords, the songs just feel more "mature" just by their sound. Both "Halo", "Unfortunate" and "Soundtrack" all give me these feelings. They're a marked departure from what was on Hybrid Theory and didn't sound like a band trying to pretty much exactly clone their first album.

Sure the songs were still decidedly "nu-metal" in spots, but what made it different is that it didn't sound like they were trying to make another Hybrid Theory. These songs don't sound like clones of certain songs on Hybrid Theory (like Meteora did with "Hit The Floor" having the same key and BPM as "Papercut", "Easier To Run" practically being a re-write of "Crawling" and "Don't Stay" having the same song structure as "One Step Closer"), and they're better for that reason.

Again, I don't even know the lyrics they had in mind for these tracks, but I would've rather heard an album with THESE songs finished, then what we got. Don't get me wrong, I've always appreciated Linkin Park's career, but Meteora never sat well with me. I enjoyed it when it came out, can still listen to it today and sing along to it...but it always felt smothered. Like it was the sheltered child of the family that wasn't allowed to to express itself truly or show it's individuality. Knowing that LP was working on (at least instrumentally, since we dont have lyrics) some radically different music, makes me wonder how much different Meteora could've been had they not brought Don Gilmore back, or if they didn't have label pressure/didn't rewrite songs during that album over 90 times (Somewhere I Belong).

11. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I want a SIB demo.

12. Derek

Agreed. I want to hear the first recorded version of that song, before Don Gilmore made them worry about that "10 year old kid from Ohio".

13. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:lol:

Same here

14. Wizardofozil

what 10 year old kid?

15. Wizardofozil

Lpu12 the real meteora.

16. Derek

"10 Year Old Kid" refers to a moment in the Meteora DVD where Don Gilmore said he wanted to make the CD accessible to everyone, and used a non-existent thereotical kid as an example.

17. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Don Gilmore uses kids? What what what what!? lol Seriously though, I remembered that part... I need to make a point to re-watch the making of Meteora. Haven't watched it in years...

18. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

I wish there was a site with a progress bar that shows how far the new album is. And an ETA. Probably scriptable, what would be the variables? :p

19. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

This, and the "reggae vibe" original version of Don't Stay.

20. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I think your point of view is clear to me now, thanks Derek ^^ I wonder if the powerchord was kept for the success it had or if the band was so much in in love with it to try to smash it into some songs were it was so unnecessary. What is your idea of that?
    Maybe the band needed to do a superb song without it to realize the music could be very alternative (Breaking the Habit-Session).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.