LPA Monthly Mix-Up November: Mashups

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Definitely did it right. It's kind of a mega-mix, but still a mashup by the definition :).

ptto911

ptto911 Well-Known Member

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That was great!

If I were you I'd cut it up and just submit the Numb/Pushing Me Away remix as your official submission. Loved that.

Derek

Technically neither. That's all Mike.

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Yeah? Is there a rule about revoking a submission and putting up a different one? I'm all for it--I've had that bit for FOREVER, and just hadn't finished it. It needs to be better mixed, too. Crawling's kick is just atrociously EQ'd for the mix. I put waaay too much attack on it. These ideas were all originally intended to be part of a Linkin Park megamix album thing, but I ultimately never finished it. I had started another one with New Divide, What I've Done, and Burning in the Skies, which was fun, because I basically re-arranged What I've Done and New Divide to be in 6/4. Which sounds awesome. :D But I didn't put it in. I think I accidentally deleted it, to be honest.

Proto Man's mix kind of surprised me, because I wasn't aware that you could get Mike's rap parts solo. I'd be ALL over that, because it fits into the spaces in Numb's interlude perfectly. "And I know--[we're all out of time / this is how we find how it all unwinds]--I may end up failing, too. But I know--[We're all out of time]--You were just like me with someone disappointed in you." The opposite is true in the verses, where you could play Numb's verses, and throw Mike's Pushing Me Away raps in those spaces. (The same could PROBABLY be said if you switched anything with Crawling, too, since it's the same sort of idea.) I really, really wanted to be able to play with that idea, but to be honest, you kind of play the hand you're dealt. Especially with the auditory contraband, haha.

The middle section, Cure, I made in about twenty minutes today. I could've started throwing Secret Track / "Ambient" in there and Session in there and made another huge mix, but meh.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    Duragon

Duragon Well-Known Member

THIS for ''Linkin Park THE MOVIE'' Theme tune..HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF SHIT GOD, THATS GOOD!!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Pretty awesome! Not gonna lie, the comment at Empty Spaces got me laughing!:awesome:

Derek

Reflectionist, you're welcome to re-enter with a different entry as many times as you want. Just keep in mind that your latest entry always disqualifies the ones before it.

UncertainSound

UncertainSound Well-Known Member

I'm new here (just signed up) but I check out this website often for Linkin Park news. When I saw that this contest was all about mashups I just had to sign up. I've been making Linkin Park mashups since 2006 and still make mashups today. I'm not going to submit to this contest, though, because I'm more interested to see what other people create out of this but if anyone wants some inspiration or just wants to listen to some mashups, check out my YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/uncertainsound

You should also check out some of my friends/subscribers or links to the annotations in my "LPM4" set for YouTube users like UnforgettableS0und, LizziMisery, StevenFMusic, StrongerMixes and more because they have amazing mashups as well. Enjoy and good luck to everyone!

Derek

Thanks for joining LPA! I know you signed up to post in this thread, but I hope we see you stick around for other things as well. Glad to have you aboard! Nice mixes!

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Really wishing I brought my MAC from back home for this one, maybe when I'm home for Thanksgiving I could throw something together. Looking forward to hearing some more mash-ups, though! This one seems like it might be the most interesting thus far in the series.

U544

U544 Active Member

I've been really looking forward to this competition. Got some badass ideas...

I'm still waiting for the heavy metal/screamo month though. I can't wait to hear someone doing a medley of In Between and Robot Boy then :trollface:

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

The EQ on this isn't top notch, but hopefully you guys like this:

http://soundcloud.com/lief92/catalyst-of-the-end-linkin

I've got a few other Linkin Park mashups on there that you're more than welcome to check out. :D

Nice work on all the submissions so far, they all sound amazing!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Wow, the competition's barely begun and there are a bunch of awesome entries up already. This is going to be a fun month, although I can see what was meant when it was said that the challenge this month would be to make something that stands out. Great entries so far, looking forward to hearing more.

Derek

Yep! We knew this month was gonna be busy, so although it means more people can enter...it also means that people have to be twice as creative to stand out from the bunch! Go unconventional! I recommend people check out http://www.bootiemashup.com for inspiration on how to be unconventional. Some incredibly unique mashups there!

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

One of my all-time favourite mash-ups (despite the Chris Martin chipmunk vocals):

[youtube]ConddMxS7bs[/youtube]

Would love to see somebody pull off a duet with a female vocalist.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I just went there and witnessed a Bieber/Slipknot mash. Mind blown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.