Gang Vocals

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Apop, Oct 11, 2011.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Sounds cool. Would definatly like to see.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The chorus of Hands Held High was a multitrack recording - Mike has stated that there are around 30 vocal tracks on the "amen" part. The whole band participated in the recording of it, but there could be, say, 8 tracks of Chester, 6 tracks of Mike, 3 tracks of Joe, etc. on the final recording. The "gang vocals" they did on A Thousand Suns were done in the literal sense that all 6 of them stood around a microphone and sang together at the same time.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Thanks for clearing that up! The only reason I had said "gang vocals" was because I wasn't sure how else to describe what it was, but it was clearly not the same thing as on Iridescent. For that one, I think it's easier to pick out the voices of each guy, but Hands Held High does have that choir-y effect.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

the gang vocals in iridescent is so epic the best thing about the gang vocals is that it sounds the exact same live

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

And that is because they use a backing track for that part and they sing over it, even though Mike and Chester are the ones who really SING it loud.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Their next album will have mosh parts and lyrics about how they've been betrayed by members of their crew who broke edge

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I plan to hold you to that prophecy.

19nacho19

19nacho19 Banned

with different they meant that the song would have gang vocals in the chorus , dont u think so ? the only song with gang vocals in chorus is When they come for me, mike raps as always and then no lyrics, just "aaaaa aaa aaa aaa aaaaaaaa aaa aaa aaaaaaa aaaa aaa aaa aa aaaaa aa aa aaaaaaah. XD