Civil War in America Again? Yeah maybe?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Rocky, Dec 1, 2011.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

So I was totally thinking about how scary and fucked up America is right now, and it made me think...

The French Revolution: The rich got richer an the poor got so fucking poor that they decided that some rich people need to not be rich and/or die.

The (American) Civil War: The rich folks in the South had lots of people (slaves). Because of this, there lacked jobs and having a bunch of people not being able to work for money (slaves), meant that taxes were a bitch for most people.

Today in America:

The rich are so much richer that we have the Occupy movement where part of the protests deals with the fact that rich people are paying people in other countries to work for them (for slave wages), making taxes a bitch for the majority of Americans.

Difference between then and now:

1. Nuclear weapons/SWAT/Police to incite fear in people.

2. Media/Corporations that help us not know/care about what's really going on.

3. If it came down to a war on our home turf, most of us would be fucked.

That's my thoughts.

I beg of you to share yours! And by "I beg of you", I mean "please give two shits because war is something we should totally care about"

:D

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Our economy will become apocalyptic before there would be enough support to start a civil war.

What is more likely to happen is states seceding from the US. Every state has the right to secede, and it's possible it will start happening once the government starts to infringe too much on their rights. Here's an article about Wyoming that kind of touches on the subject, I think. I don't have time to read it again and it's been awhile since I last read it. Wyoming Sheriffs Told Federal BATF & IRS Agents To Abide By The Constitution Or Face Immediate Arrest

I'll be back with more when I have more time.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Perhaps there will be intense rioting but certainly not a civil war.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Honestly, the more I think about it, I don't think any of us can truly grasp the thought of us going to war anytime soon, but if we still have to deal with the same corporate BS, 50-100 years down the line, I can't imagine there not being some kind of war, even if it doesn't involve the majority of the U.S. that would involve the states that secede. If not, then there will probably be some hostility.

BUT.....

I hope this shit works

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/sections/news/CLGF-msnbc.pdf

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'd move to Canada before I'd die for anyone. I doubt there will be a bloody revolution, but if there is, peace the fuck out, America.

travz21

50-100 years? Our current nation won't last another 2 or 3 years unless some serious economic policies are changed.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

That's another reason why I thought about this topic.

But I meant, that if some states seceded and things weren't completely in the shitter, AND the U.S. still dealt with corruption, there'd have to be a war somewhere down the line

travz21

One thing about war and government power, you need money to finance it. As soon as our dollar crashes and nobody will lend us anymore money, our military and police will be disbanded. This is why corruption can't go on forever. Eventually the system fails. The only reason our system hasn't failed yet is because the Federal Reserve has been printing off imaginary money to finance everything and a lot of that money hasn't impacted the market yet. When it does, there's a good chance hyperinflation will set in and the value of our dollar will reach 0.

If they let the system fail on its own without printing any fake money off, our currency would have been safe and we could have recovered fairly quickly. But now when it fails, it's going to be exponentially worse. The only question to ask is if us or Europe will drop first, and who will have it worse.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

I won't be taken aback if Martial Law comes to the states.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Can you please reduce the size of the image in your signature? That is way too big...

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

With inter-locked economies and the financial status of some states (often worse than that of the country, like New Jersey), secession would be a mistake by these state governments. They depend too greatly on the federal government to do that now, much more so than in the 1860s.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

How would we have a civil war with all these hippie liberals that don't believe in guns? I really don't see people getting that violent though in the first place.

gun-control.jpg

Picture only half-way related, but isn't a war^

travz21

The more guns, the less crime. The more guns, the less power the government has. This is why they want them controlled.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

The Occupy movement has basically amounted to a bunch of people camping, so I think things would have to get pretty grim for an actual war to break out.

travz21

[youtube]iD1T61oTrR8[/youtube]

So basically anyone can be considered a terrorist.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I generally agree with this. I think and hope there will be revolution or uprising within the next decade. there needs to be some serious overhauling to avoid full revolution. Look at the rest of the world. Its not just these third world, dictator ran countries that are revolting. Its happening in Europe right now. Egypt as well. The government will fall sometime soon. Be it because this continues for the next 7-10 years or because things continue to just plummet.

edit: Egypt was dictatorship but they were more. . . developed, I guess, than most dictator ran countries. know what I mean? lol

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

There's so many good points that shoot down this topic :lol:

I don't think citizens are pushed to a war point yet, nor do I think we should be, but part of me wants some military leader to pull a Gaddafi and literally kill for a true democracy.

The bigger part of me wants everybody else in this country to truly question our government. I mean, we live on the fucking internet nowadays. We can see some shit on the news and then Google whether it's bullshit or not, but most people don't care or think that they should have anything to question anyone in power

Geki

Geki >.

100% agreed.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Gunophiles want guns because they think they'll form some sort of militia? LOLOLOLOLOL.

Yeah, i'm sure the army will stand put wearing red coats completely ignorant of gurella tactics (It's not like they've fought insurgents in the middle east or something). I'm sure your magic pea shooter will be the bane of tanks, predators, heavy weapons, and bullet proof vests. The power of you and your friends who met ad hoc will be more disciplined and communicate better than those elite fools who still have to send letters by boat to Britain. Then after the enemy has decided that it's not worth it and disappears back to the mainland, you will be a hero and all the chicks will adore you and your phallic shaped gun.

Maybe instead of indulging in wet dreams, maybe you should listen to the hippies and cut the military spending already. They've been saying that forever and yet the conservatives (interestingly, the ones who think they need guns) wont do it.

Alternatively, if you want to destroy the county: Do nothing.
    Wait for the military spending to crush this country, just as military spending has crushed all the countries before it.

However, I kind of don't want that because that could open the potential for the next government to be run by freedom-hating conservatives.