Linkin Park To Reproduce Hybrid Theory-era Shirt Exclusively For LPU Members

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

As one of the many new added perks of being an LPU11 member, Linkin Park have decided to dig through the vault and re-release a vintage t-shirt design from their Hybrid Theory days (for a LIMITED time only), printing on the same new soft shirts used on all current Linkin Park "A Thousand Suns" merchandise:

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/121611-142935_large.q3ufh5acf80c.jpg[/thumb]

In addition to the shirt, LPU members who purchase the shirt will also receive a set of rare, archived original early Linkin Park stickers. This t-shirt is EXCLUSIVE to LPUers, so to find out how you can order this shirt, and take advantage of all the wonderful perks the LPU has to offer, go to http://www.lpunderground.com today!

U544

U544 Active Member

The shirt doesn't look that interesting (tbh it's really boring...) but I love the idea of bringing old merch back. I've seen some badass LP shirts that aren't available anymore and now I have hopes to be able to order at least one of them.

Derek

It's not about being exciting (the old merch was actually VERY simple as it was given out at venues etc), its the whole history of the piece. That shirt was one of the first LP shirts they released, and to be re-releasing it for a limited time is kinda like a nice tribute to Hybrid Theory. They didn't re-issue HT for the 10 year, so I kinda consider this a "late celebration". :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I wanted one of those shirts so bad 10 years ago. Would seriously consider buying one if they were made available to non-LPU members.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Same here.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I still have my original "symbols" shirt and my original "Kenji" shirt. It will be nice to have these new again as the old ones are faded out pretty good and I don't wear them anymore. I'll have to take pictures of my old shirts! haha! And for those complaining about how "simple" these shirts are, this was actually my favorite shirt. The whole "plaster an image over the entire shirt MMA style" wasn't big in the year 2000. This shirt had the Hybrid Theory symbols and the band's name on the back across the shoulders. It was a great shirt, in my opinion.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

+2.

I love the shirt, but it's not enough to get me to shell out money for the LPU. I know it's not A LOT, but still.... unnecessary.

Hybrid

I remember paying $17 dollars for my original Symbols shirt...

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Would get but don't have the money right now, and it'll probably be gone when I do get the money. They should reprint the original Hybrid Theory logo shirt, maybe do a different colorway to distinguish from the true original. Hell just reprint all the really awesome old designs in new colorways/t shirt colors.

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

I don't think they should ever remake stuff like that. I know the tag will be different, but.. for example they remake the HT logo shirt.. it would devaule and make the old ones less unquie. Another example, they remake the LPU2 CD, prices in the old ones will drop and make them less special. Im against this. You weren't around when the shirts came out, get on off ebay or something, there is one on there right now. Also, for an LPU shirt.. way too expensive. Im only against two things, remaking old things.. and signing the xero covers.

Super Sonic

How come?

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

This is coming from a collectors point of view. They are so rare they should be kept mint, and i don't think signing them is the right thing to do. They are amazing how they are, you don't need to sign them. Second point, Chester was not on there but he signs them too. If one was signed in 1997 with mark on there, that would obviously be a lot rarer and more valuable than a blank or one signed now. Would you think it would be a bit stupid if someone brought a Sean Dowdell & his friends tape to a meet and greet and got them all to sign it? There is so little of them and you would have signatures on the cover. I know its slightly different, but its the principle of it :p Does anyone understand me, or am i on my own?

(Im talking about the LPU summit auction ones btw)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
    LPFM

LPFM New Member

LPFM

LPFM New Member

hey man, you could always simply join LPU with a monthly membership to get the shirt. Its $10 bucks !

anasimp00

anasimp00 New Member

I love linkin park and i got their vintage t shirts from their concert last year. <3 Hybrid Theory <3

Derek

Welcome to LPA anasimp00 :).

Hybrid

Super Sonic

Just a little. :p

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Simplicity is best imho.

Too bad it's a men's tee the first time I looked. the second time my browser crashed.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

When I see this thread link from the forum page it says "Linkin Park to Reproduce." lololololol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.