"It's a Good Mix of Old and New" Linkin Park Talk New Album in Kerrang!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm going with not wanting to hear this. I think it would be cool to hear Dave and/or Joe have thier own parts singing... Think the end of "The Little Things Give You Away" But with Joe or Dave singing too.

2. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

A song with chester raping? Now that would be something!

3. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

4. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

I agree. Mike rapping was definitely my favorite part of Linkin Park on both Hybrid Theory and Reanimation and on MTM I longed for more rapping. But between Mike's singing and the high quality of his rapping on ATS I was more than satisfied with the rapping. I'm over the notion that Linkin Park is a "rap-rock" group. They're able to float into so many areas that I should be satisfied--though I probably wouldn't be OK with NO rapping.

5. lpkilljoy

lpkilljoy Well-Known Member

like Blackout but chester seemed to kinda scream his verse. I would like to hear him rap his owns verses something like High Voltage.
    seen a post of Mike singing the verses and chorus. my opinion: i agree!!! :D Chester sang a lot of songs with Mike doing backing vocals. more songs like No Roads Left mixed with Iridescent with a sprinkle of Robot Boy would be AWESOMAZING!!!

PS. i miss the whole By Myself/Figure.09 rap/scream parts. you know when Mike raps a line but Chester screams the last word \,,/(-_-)\,,/

6. NeoZource

NeoZource Member

So glad after i read this. With some of Chester's comments lately i was afraid they were going a totally random direction. i love that Mike said they're not ignoring the 'old' style anymore.
    I'd be cool with A Thousand Suns 2.0, but a HT/ATS in one would be the greatest thing ever. And we'll get it before the world ends XD

7. lpkilljoy

anyone else notice that BVB was also in the magazine? BVB army and LP soldiers unite for the ultimate SCREAMS!!!!!! RAWWR!!!!!!

8. Infinity

Infinity *

Yo dudes there are heavy rumours that LP is going to play Pinkpop12. One of the most famous and well trusted DJ's in Holland said so and he is known to be right when it comes down to confirming acts from pinkpop (like The Cure this year) The festival will be held from 26 till 28 May. And just thinking comercially it will be more logycall ( or however you spell it xD) if they would relaese the album around that period right???

9. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

[video=youtube;7gZtaV8Swas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gZtaV8Swas[/video]

10. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Yeah, Mike sings the chorus on his own. That doesn't really count. :p

11. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Not a problem! :)

12. jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't they have any traces of the old? The band can make whatever the fuck they want. I had a problem with their attitude during ATS. Not because the were experimenting, but because they wouldn't let themselves create "organically" without worrying about the sound of the end product (whether it was HT-like or brand new). Now they're doing that so that's great.

13. underground260

underground260 Member

I totally agree. Their old style is what made them famous, so don't abandon that completely. I think yes that there needs to be maturity to their music, but you can't alienate the old fans. To sum it up I listen to the old Linkin Park to motivate, and I listen to the new albums to go to sleep which isn't a good thing. But of course this is just my opinion.

14. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thank you. That sums up better than anything why I am excited for this new record. The band is letting down their guard to pursue whatever music their hearts tell them to make, whether it sounds like their old music or something completely different, and that is a great thing. Sometimes being *too* perfect is a bad thing. I'd rather have them make music organically, instead of worrying so much about whether or not "song X" sounds like something they've done before.

15. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

That perspective kinda bothers me for a few reasons, but mostly because it turns art into a business decision, which undermines the art. An artist makes things to satisfy himself, but shares it with people in hopes that they also enjoy it. A business man ultimately wants to satisfy someone else (for money).

LP (mostly) made HT for themselves, hoping that people would like it...then put out variations of the same stuff for half of their career because of an album that they made in their late-teens/early twenty's. That's business... and business really isn't about being creative, or making the workers happy. It's just about getting people to spend money.

check this...
    A song I made 4 YEARS AGO is going into local radio rotation next week.
    I don't even care to make that style of music anymore, nor do I think it's my best song. I can't imagine getting famous from it and hearing that people want that style over and over again when I think that I can do better. I'd think that's the same way that Linkin Park feel (or at least Mike)

my 2 cents

16. lpkilljoy

another song ending with just vocals? TLTGYA was awesome!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  17. DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

Dear god, we do have a rapist in Linkin Park. And it's Chester. The molester. xD

18. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't care what we get on the new record, so long as it's not polarizing in its social themes and it's able to stand on its own not only among Linkin Park releases, but in the wider world of alternative rock.

Edit: Oh, by the way, I find it hilarious how around this time two years ago people were like, "Augh, this new album better not sound like MtM, they have to go back to their old sound," and now people are all being like, "Jesus, they're going back to their old sound? This record is going to be terrible."

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  19. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I just realized that some of you may have taken what Mike said in the interview a little out of context. One can easily derive that he is simply stating that if a track they're working on veers towards something that sounds similar to HT-era material, they'll keep it regardless, as long as it sounds right.

20. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

SO THE FIFTH ALBUM WILL NOT BE CONCEPT ALBUM ANYMORE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.