NFL

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Erica, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Whichever team plays the Patriots is going to have to remember to play man-to-man on defense. Tom Brady destroys zone coverage but when teams play him man-to-man, he sucks. Well, he doesn't suck, but he doesn't do nearly as well.

The Steelers did it.

2. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Afuckingmen.

Next Sunday will be a nice day with a [strike]wedding[/strike] awesome football.

Hoping for a Ravens and 49ers Super Bowl.

harbaugh.jpg

3. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I've been watching NFL for a couple of seasons now so I don't have much experience about strategy or players but now I find it really interesting and hooking.

I fancy the New Orleans Saints, and have to say the game vs the 49ers was amazing, but I still ended up pissed because they couldn't hold on to that slight advantage ¬¬ .. Was a terrific game though, have to give them credit.

I'm also glad the Packers lost lol, I was very annoyed as well, so even though the Saints are gone I think that those still standing have done a great job. And I'm hoping the Giants to knock the 49ers ha! Need revenge.

Seeing the Broncos losing so miserably to the Pats makes me think how could the Steelers lose to them, it was also a very closed game but, I think Pittsburgh would've given the Pats a headache, this game was very dissappointing.

Looking forward to sunday.

4. Will

A lot of Steelers fans use the argument that they weren't at full strength and that, if they didn't have so many injuries, they would've won the game handily.

At first, I didn't like that argument, because a team can't make excuses for losing games. Look at the Packers when they won the Super Bowl last season. They had more players on the injured reserve list than any other team in the league, but they managed to go all the way and win the championship.

However, watching the Patriots wallop the Broncos gave a little more credence to the "injuries" argument. I feel like, had the Steelers actually been at full strength like they're fans say, they would've destroyed the Broncos, too.

It just goes to show that Tim Tebow is an enigma and can't win the big game when it counts. Yet.

I still don't like him but we'll see where his development takes him. If he doesn't become a better quarterback throughout the off-season and the regular season next year, he's probably going to be released by the Broncos and picked up by another team, or at the very least, he'll be converted to a hybrid quarterback/running back but he won't be the team's starting quarterback. My best guess is, if he does flake out as a quarterback, he'll be used as an option out of the Wildcat for any team that picks him up, or for the Broncos if they keep him.

Honestly, I could see a team like Tampa Bay signing Tebow (if such is the case) and using him in the Wildcat alongside Josh Freeman and LeGarrett Blount. Of course, that'd mean the Bucs would have to implement the Wildcat into their offense, but with a new coach and whatnot, that's a distinct possibility.

Of course, I could be completely off-base, as I'm not in the NFL and I don't really know as much as I let on (even though I'd like to think I know a good deal about football).

5. ernieball003

Hopefully the Giants lose Sunday so the Bears can finally hire Marc Ross as their new GM.

6. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

On the other hand, Eli's quickly proving himself to be exactly ON Tom Brady's level, which was impossible to reach at first. This is me being a biased Giants fan, but I think with the same O-Line that dropped the Packers and the same hungry defense we have lately, the G-Men are going to take down the Niners, and then the Pats/Ravens.

Besides, Eli-Brady II is must-see TV. :lol:

7. ernieball003

Pretty much.

8. Will

Eli is an elite quarterback but he's nowhere near Tom Brady.

9. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I really wanted the Patriots to lose. But the Ravens basically let them win at the end, ugh.

10. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I beg to differ... Anyways, I hope the 9ers will win this game.

11. Benjamin

The Packer fans that disliked Ted Thompson were annoying. I loved all of his decisions since his tenure in Green Bay. Winning the SB last year was awesome. But for next year the Pack need a lot of help on defense. Someone else needs to be able to put pressure on the QB.

12. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

OMG. O.M.G. I'M IN EXPLODE. MY GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brady, prepare to cry once again.

13. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

If Brady and Belichick choke against the Giants again they need to kill themselves out of embarrassment. They choked today against the Ravens and were lucky the Ravens/Refs helped them win.

14. Will

A friend of mine posted on Facebook that this Super Bowl rematch is like "throwing two tampons onto a football field," referring to Manning and Brady.

Anyway, I hate Manning for how he handled being drafted (not wanting to play in San Diego, demanding a trade, all that nonsense) so I hope Brady whomps him, although that hope is really unrealistic.

If Manning could beat the 49ers defense, then he most certainly can beat the Pats defense.

15. Benjamin

I hate his matchup because I'll hate either outcome. Either Eli Manning will have more rings than Rodgers or...the Patriots will win.

16. Hybrid

This. By the way, I am also a Chargers fan.

17. jedibeaner

jedibeaner Well-Known Member

What a fucking waste of money to see SF lose. >: (
    I can't believe Kyle Williams fucked up twice. Srsly.

18. Hybrid

I have absolutely no vested interest in the Super Bowl this year. I cannot stand Mini-Manning and the Patriots are my football equivilent of the Detroit Red Wings. Well, here's to getting drunk and not giving a fuck.

19. ernieball003

Major props to Devin Thomas for the hustle on both of the plays. If being a Bears fan has taught me anything, it's that special teams plays are nothing to just throw away.

And why in the hell was the game put in Alex Smith's hands in OT? I understand the need to throw under two minutes, but in OT in the playoffs there's virtually no clock to worry about. They were having success with Gore.. yet the ball was Smith's to throw into the mud. Once OT started I just knew that the Giants would win because the 49ers couldn't get it going with Smith.

And who to root for in the Super Bowl.. Same dilemma, different decade. I would just root for fantasy football favorites, but then I'd have to pick between JPP and Gronk.

20. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Fuckin A, the Niners should have won that game. That one guy lost the whole game for em. Fuckin Kyle Williams