NFL

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Erica, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So Kyle Williams and Billy Cundiff walk into a bar...:lol:

2. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

...where Caleb Hanie is the bartender...

3. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

They actually made the playoffs though... :trollface:

4. ernieball003

And he played most of the second half in last years' NFC Championship game.

In other news, stay classy San Francisco.

5. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The first mistake Kyle Williams made was entirely his own fault. He should've known the ball was still live after it hit his knee. There's no way he didn't feel it glance off his knee. If he claims he didn't feel it, he needs to never play football again – or become the most bad-ass, hard-hitting safety of all time, because apparently he has no feelings. The second mistake was simply a great strip by the Giants' defender. Granted, Williams should've already been securing the ball, but he was clearly in the motion of securing the football when it was knocked out. It was a great football play.

As far as the Super Bowl itself goes, I hate Eli Manning and I hate Tom Brady, but I want the Patriots to win it simply because I don't want Manning to have more Super Bowl rings than his brother.

6. jedibeaner

jedibeaner Well-Known Member

Ditto!

7. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

kyle williams shouldn't have even bee on the field, apparently he had suffered a concussion earlier in the season and took a blow at the beginning of the game and after that he had concussion like symptoms. can't blame him. he should have been pulled

8. ernieball003

HE PUT THE TEAM ON HIS BACK

[video=youtube;1P0yfq2wDvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU[/video]

9. jedibeaner

LMAO. I feel ya bro:

[video=youtube;0-kCQMDpSVE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-kCQMDpSVE[/video]

10. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

This will always be one of the best Youtube videos of all time, hahaha

11. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

21-17. Giants are your Super Bowl Champs.

U MAD BRO?

:trololo:

12. Will

I'm never supporting another team in the Super Bowl ever again. (At least, not the team that I actually want to win.) Every time I support a team, they lose. (Except for the Packers, but there's no way in hell I was going to support the Steelers.)

Anyway, it was an awesome game all around. I knew it would come down to the end.

I know earlier in the thread I said I hate people who make excuses ("My team would've won if this guy/that guy/this other guy/that guy over there wasn't hurt!) but if Rob Gronkowski wasn't playing hurt, the Giants would've gotten thwomped, I think.

But we'll never know. I don't think Brady and the Pats are ever going back to the Super Bowl. In fact, I almost feel like Belichick will get fired next season. I don't know why; just a gut feeling.

13. jedibeaner

So, Eli Manning has 2 Super Bowl rings and his brother only has 1. Interesting.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  14. ernieball003

Sorry Pats fans. Whenever I bet money, I win. I had the Giants 20-17 in a pool.

My bad.

However, the same apology didn't go out to Vikings fans a few years ago. I wanted, and knew, that Brett Favre would blow it at the end. And he did.

15. Will

To be completely fair, in my opinion, Eli's got a much more complete team around him. Peyton played with basically no defense, whereas Eli's got a pretty damn good defense and doesn't have to carry the team on his shoulders. That's not to take anything away from him, mind. But it's true.

16. jedibeaner

True, the Colts suck without Peyton.

17. ernieball003

The Bears suck without Cutler.

The Colts without Peyton are fucking abysmal.

18. Will

The problem in Indianapolis is that they relied on Peyton Manning to stake the Colts to a huge lead, that way the defense didn't have to be so physical and only had to worry about preventing the other team from scoring, which they did pretty well. But the Colts were never near the top in defensive rankings (as far as I know), so whenever the Colts are up against a team with a phenomenal defense, they usually come out on the wrong end. Peyton can't play defense, too.

I think the team with the best chance of signing Manning (if he's let go) is the Dolphins. If he goes there he's already got two disgustingly scary targets in Brandon Marshall (consistently a top receiver) and Reggie Bush (a huge threat out of the backfield). All they'd have to do is beef up their offensive line a bit (get Jake Long and Mike Pouncey some help) and they have a scary offense all of a sudden. But I feel like it would end up being similar to Indy, because the Dolphins don't have a terribly talented defense.

19. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Hope Peyton finds a good team, if he don't stay with the Colts. Reggie's retiring so Miami's out for Peyton. *shrugs* Just have to wait and see.

Breez is kinda waiting to see if he stays with the Saints.

20. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Peyton is going somewhere where he has a great chance to win. He doesn't really want money, he has said he will "play for pay." In other words his money will come from incentives. Miami is NOT his best chance. If he was just looking for money and nice weather then yes. But he's gonna want a winning team