Rob LPU Chat Summary

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Rob held a video chat with LPU members today. Check out a summary of the chat below.

• The band are in the studio working on new music
    • For tour dates, keep checking LP.com. He looks on there to figure out where he is going next.
    • He had a great birthday, he turned 33
    • He wanted feedback on the LPU
    • Album is sounding great but he doesn’t know when it will be done. They are making progress and stuff is coming together
    • Regarding the ound of new album, he doesn’t like giving away too much description because they are expanding and trying new things
    • He is excited and hopefully we’ll hear some of it soon
    • The band met with Rick Rubin today. He listened to some of the progress on the new record
    • They will continue with LPU Summits
    • High likelihood that they will return to South America, not sure when but they like it there and haven’t done many shows there.
    • Today is Monday, band meeting day. During band meetings they go over musical ideas that they’ve been working on during the week. They give each other suggestions to implement new ideas. It’s great to get feedback when they work individually or in pairs so they can continue making progress on songs.
    • They also talk about things like the LPU so they can make it the best fan club out there
    • His beard is the result of not shaving. He’s lazy and shaves every couple of weeks. It’s getting itchy.
    • He doesn’t have twitter because he can’t even respond to all of his emails so he’s keeping it simple.
    • Hard drums on new album? Some are, some aren’t.
    • He is expanding drum sounds so listeners can’t tell what is sampled and what is live.
    • He doesn’t want to give away too much info on new album
    • Should have new music very soon
    • He was forced into playing drum solos by band mates, sometimes it is fun but he is not sure if he will carry on doing them.
    • Mike and Chester were recording vocals at the time of the chat
    • Documentary movie about the band might be cool, they have a talented director in the band.
    • He was at the Roxy to see Julien K recently. It made him think about what it was like when they first started out and how fun playing at small shows was. It would be cool to do smaller shows.
    • He likes the LPU only concert idea.
    • He is tired as he was up late playing drums for the new record
    • He has been playing piano a lot lately
    • His favorite drummer is Carter from Dave Matthews Band. He mentioned that likes Led Zeppelin
    • They get cool stuff in meet and greets. They take stuff home and they appreciate presents.
    • He has three dogs. They are all really big and keep him busy
    • He is excited to hear Mike’s movie score and says Mike is a talented song writer too.
    • Mix between old and new LP? They are not looking for anything in particular.
    • He loved Moscow and said it was an amazing show.
    • They have never done a cover song on an album but would definitely do it if the right song came along
    • He likes to surf, play piano and fly helicopters in his spare time
    • He thinks Chester is one of the best singers. Sometimes he watches Chester perform and thinks “Damn, I’m lucky to be in a band with this guy”
    • Zildjian Cymbals are incredible live and they use them in the studio too.
    • Mike and Phoenix made surprise appearances towards the end of the chat to mess around

Based on Rob's comments above it looks like new music from Linkin Park may be coming very soon. Who's excited? Let us know in our forums!

mizerable

mizerable New Member

Awesome chat with surprise visits from Dave and Mike!!!

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

A little soon for a full blown documentary isn't it? :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not in my opinion. The band had one of the most meteoric :)awesome:) rises of a rock band in recent memory, have been together for going on about 16 years, and are one of the biggest bands of of the 21st century. A documentary following them from the beginning till now (with rare photos/video we haven't seen) is more than warranted. Infact I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Great chat.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

God who knew he wad actually like super fucking, like, adventurer. Surfing I knew, but helicopter flying? Wow, I'm impressed

Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Seems like a good idea to me to. A documentary would be awesome; I'm sure a lot of fans would really appreciate it. I would defiantly go out and watch it!

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Cool chat, a couple of interesting answers. Thanks Ree for transcribing this.

I particularly like the idea of LPU-only concerts (I'm sure the idea has been discussed here on LPA before). It would be the band's best opportunity to perform rare/b-side/older/otherwise-cool-but-unsuitable-for-a-mainstream-audience material.

...and possibly the 15 minute version of Bleed It Out that exists in my head where, undeterred by their own inevitable and unrelenting boredom, they play virtually every live bridge variation they've ever done, in one go. In fact, I like this ridiculous idea so much, I might take the various live versions I've got and edit together my suggested version, so that when the day comes when Linkin Park ask me "Hey, you, what should we play tonight?" I can go "THIS!"

Also, helicopters.

Derek

Rob's a badass. :lol:

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Just to idea of him not really liking solos make me think he's one weird kinda drummer.

Derek

Strangely enough, both Brad, Phoenix and Rob are all very modest players that aren't wholly into the idea of doing solos. It's interesting :lol:.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Helicoptors.

Old Man Zangetsu

Old Man Zangetsu Active Member

Interesting interview... Not enough questions about the sound of the record though hahah.

Theyve always been asked to do another LPU tour but Ive heard they havent due to the fact it becomes an out of pocket type of expense.

I like the idea of a documentary. Always interesting. Im surprised no one has asked about if LP will ever release a Greatest Hits album....

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Unless there was something mind blowing on it, like pictureboard, I could live without a greatest hits. Everybody would complain cause they have 8000 songs that should have been on it that weren't. I would stab the first person to tell me that a b-side/demo should have made it. Like "where's carousel?" " fuck you!" *jabs pencil in neck*

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

he's totally wasn't going to answer album questions in any specific way, lol. It still was a cool visit though.

Thanks for the writeup, Ree

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

That's a fair point actually. But on the other hand: helicopters.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

helicopters? :WTF:

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Awesome! Expecting new single on May/June.

Vic

Vic No game no life

Amazing that this album might be out soon, and an idea of a documentary is awesome, very good news! (lol)

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Drum solo on the new album will be COOL... I love to hear more to ROB's Contribution to the upcoming 5th album..

Documentary or a Movie would be awesome.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.