New LP Single Out in a Few Months? Brad LPU Chat (Transcript)

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I just peed mai self :WTF:

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I don't know why but I read that in a British accent

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Brad said the album will be out around the tour dates. For now, those dates consist of late May to early June. In the past, the single has come out about one month prior to the release of the album. So I'd be expecting an April single date

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Awesome.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Its just weird cause there's really no hype being created by the band, ya know what I mean. Its all coming from us as we speculate about these tour dates. There's really no info on it at all. No dates, we kind of getting a general time frame that's only a couple months away. I'm kind of missing the big production this all used to be

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Big production costs lots of money, it's probably cheaper and more effective to let your fans advertise for you. LP has what, approx 40 Million fans on FB, plus they have many dedicated fan sites, I'd think news of any album or single would spread like fire. Why spend a ton of resources when you can do it for almost free?

That's just the way that I'm looking at it, I might be wrong though.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I have one of two ideas for this. One: The band is so focused on working on the music that they're not thinking about marketing yet or Two: They've got something huge planned that's for later. Something that's not meant to take quite as long. I mean ATS puzzles began late June so we're not that far off right now. Just feels like it because nothing has happened. I, honestly, expect hyping and teasers to began in a matter of one to two weeks. Perhaps another LPU chat next week.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

The anticipation of a new LP album is more exciting than Christmas. I'd prefer they keep things quiet and then suddenly drop it on us. Makes the waiting much less painful.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lol thats the best part. You've been waiting for the release for what feels like forever, you've camped outside best buy for 2 days even though no one else is there, and then you finally get the cd and listen in a moment of triumph. . . I did not actually camp outside beet buy btw. That was just for dramatic effect :p

Geki

Geki >.

How mad would all you guys be if the summer tour was just an ''escape the studio tour'' like they did for MTM in 2006, and they did for ATS in 2009? I just have a gut feeling.. I watched the chat, about the new single, Brad said ''in linkin park world, it's coming very soon. In digital world, it could be a while'' or something like that. In LP world, new material takes forever. It's also not like LP to not release anything at all. No pictures from the studio, no LPTV about the new album, no information on song titles, no announcements about the progress, no single announcements, no album title, no artwork, etc.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I read it in a southern belle accent... :leo:

He said "hopefully". That's the keyword they keep using, meaning nothing is set in stone yet. Until there's an official announcement their words are wind, don't take them for gospel.

The good news is, provided something doesn't go horribly wrong or they've grossly miscalculated how long it'll take to finish, there will definitely be a new LP record this year. 2 years after the last. Fuckin celebrate.

I wouldn't be mad at all, it's pretty much what I'm expecting. Similar to Metallica's release of Death magnetic in '08. Finish up recording/send it off for mixing in May, do the Euro festival run for the summer, album drops in September. Give or take a month.

I must respectfully disagree. LP fans are spoiled rotten :p. This will be LP's 3rd album in about 5 years, + live releases + yearly fanclub CD's + the odd single release (New Divide, Blackbirds, Not Alone) + regular LPTV episodes.

Contrast that with Tool where the last anything they released was 10,000 Days, nearly 6 years ago :WTF:(It'll be at least 6.5 assuming they manage to get the next one late this year, but MJK is touring Puscifer right now so they haven't even started recording). They have no live CD/DVD's, no fanclub extra's, no behind the scenes videos.

We've got it easy over here.;):rastamike:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Moridin, I hope Mike sees your post because your last bit hit the nail on the head. It's so tiring to see fans act like this band takes forever to give us new music. In reality, nothing could be farther from the truth. In the last 2-3 years we've had:

Dead By Sunrise
    3 LPU CDs (all with previously unheard material)
    A Thousand Suns
    Various non-album singles released via charity albums/promos (Lockjaw etc)

Not to mention, professionally recorded DSPs, and an album on the way this year. And as you so correctly stated, this is their 3rd studio album in 5 years. This band spoils us rotten.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Also, heres another way you can look at it.

It's not even been 2 years since the release of "A Thousand Suns" and we're already talking about getting another studio album sometime this year (mid-year even!). If you ask me, that's pretty awesome.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

We have the right to act like spoiled little kids :awesome: : The stuff these guys provide is somewhat similar to your average addicting harddrug :D

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

What are DSPs?

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Digital Souvenir Packs. It's pretty much a professionally recorded bootleg for most of Linkin Park's concerts. You can buy all of them on the official site. :)

SuperDude526

Thank you for the concise and thorough explanation! :awesome:

19nacho19

19nacho19 Banned

It all looks like they want to shock us, they don't show anything revealing, and Brad says that we will have new single in a few months, it will be an amazing shock, I hope they don't say anything else and just finish the shit to put it out for God's sake!... look at how God is acting because of this guys! ->... :nyan:

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

CANT WAIT!!!

SuperDude526

I am really rather excited about this, guys. ATS has become my all-time favorite LP album because it's shown how the band has grown and how they are, really and truly, serious about creating music as art and not just a product. I'm obsessed with this idea that this point in the band's career parallels the equivalent point in the Beatles', when people finally stopped patronizing them as a boy band or as just another commercial group; these guys are musicians now, and I'm really looking forward to how they surprise us this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.