New Album Exclusive: Chester Talks To Kerrang! Magazine

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

UK folks are awesome. And yeah, we'd love scans but seriously...the gold is in the details. If we can get the scoop on what the article says that's good.

I'll be buying the magazine tomorrow. I don't have a scanner so I'll try to photograph it the best I can to be used temporally until a scan. Better than nothing right?

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Welcome to the LPA, fellow Londoner!

We just want scans/transcript up asap but unfortunately the British news posters on here have work/school tomorrow morning which is making things difficult. It would be awesome if you could help out!

Derek

We'll use anything we can get! Like I just said to foxx, our largest concern is reporting any exclusive details they have. If you can get awesome photos, that works for us.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Welcome to the LPA!

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Now THAT is efficiency. I'll be buying a copy of Kerrang when I get up...

...at 4:00pm UK time :p

I'm just kidding, I'll be buying a copy tomorrow morning. I'm sure someone much more organised than me will manage to buy one before me and post the details, but I'll be on stand-by just in case

Derek

You can take care of scans, hows that? Got a scanner?

m_macdonald

Sure do Derek, I'll get on it first thing in the morning

chayand1

chayand1 Well-Known Member

sounds good, very good.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

That would be amazing! Got a rough time estimate so we can be on to post it on the front page with credit to you?

m_macdonald

Hi Joe! All being well, I should be able to have the scans ready sometime shortly after 9:00 GMT. All the shops in my local area stock Kerrang, the only possible delay could be if the staff don't actually get round to putting the new issue out on the newsstand until later in the day.

Anyway, I'll hunt the shops first thing in the morning and try and get my hands on a copy asap, but if anyone else in the UK manages to get scans first, then great!

If I'm successful, shall I post the scans in a reply to this thread and then you can post them on the front page?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hey man, that sounds great. The sooner the better. Post them in this thread and we'll put them on the front page! Also, check your PM in a moment. Good luck, mate!

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

I'm having a night shift in two... by the time I'm making my way back you guys should have it all sorted out yey :) Good luck!!!

On the news itself: Great to have the guitars back! Positive lyrics and ( i guess corresponding melodies ) created through guitars ( at least partially ) sounds great to me already!

FoxxPS

FoxxPS Human centipede, budget cut.

The race is on

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

Minutes to Midnight 2.0 :trollface:

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The band has made a conscious effort on this new album to use the phrase "let it go" every time they would have normally used the word "lie." Un-Linkin-Park-ifying. :awesome:

but on a serious note, I'm really on the fence about the indications of what this album will be like so far. more guitars, song-oriented, firecracker, all these things just scream "our fans didn't like us being creative and experimental with A Thousand Suns, so we're taking a step back and making a more conventional pop album." I really hope I'm wrong.

and, if I am wrong, this new album could be awesome. a less pop, more mature yet in your face Minutes To Midnight would be a great album.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

you never know, just look at Rise Against's "Make It Stop"

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

See: Christian Metal

And

"Chester Bennington: 'I made my mind up three years ago: I don't want to scream anymore' " -2010

I don't mind screaming, but I totally support him NOT doing it. He's not trained and doesn't like doing it. We need that mofo to have a working voice for at least 10 more years

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I remember Chester saying that he still enjoys screaming and being agressive, but that he want to use his vocals different ways, and not only in the agressive way. He said that in 2011 LPU chats, so...

And, if he didn't like screaming, he wouldn't add bonus screams to What I've Done bridge or The Catalyst bridge, or other bridges/intros during live shows :)

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Loving the commitment on getting the photos/scans..! That's why I love the LPA even though I'm not a heavy poster.

Hope I can read some of it tomorrow, here there's no magazines like Kerrang or similars, so we're pretty much stuck with what we can read on the internet.

Thanks in advance to the guys!

And as for the positive message/heaviness things, I'm not sure, I think you can make a song pretty much with every lyric you want and any rhythm you want. And if it's positive lyrics then we can't think the obvious and say "oh' it's gonna be light/ballad" because if Linkin Park is known for something, it's gotta be on doing weird combinations and thinking outside the box. Just sayin'.. There might be some, but we can't assume they all will..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.