RUMOR: Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Chester said they were shooting the video two weeks ago?, I think. It fits perfectly, or at least I like to think it does, lol.

2. shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

Well thought-out titles earn respect right from the start, because someone had the balls to name it Burning in the Skies, which is a haunting image on its own right. Burn It Down isn't, sounds like a bad joke.
    But again, if the rumor is true, the song might flip on everything we said and bring new vibe to the words 'burn it [etc]', who knows.

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yes agreed, from now on I will be known Christopher Ulysses-Nathaniel Thomas.

Find the hidden message.

4. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

This argument reminds me of when we first discovered A Thousand Suns and The Catalyst.
    A lot of people at the time disliked A Thousand Suns as an album title and wished The Catalyst to be it instead. But now, just about everyone loves
    A Thousand Suns as a title. Stop whining about a title and move on to what's more important here: the idea of getting a new single.

And by the way, Linkin Park haven't had the most creative titles in the past: "What I've Done?, New Divide?, Breaking the Habit?, Somewhere I Belong?
    Seriously, as titles, I'd be like WTF? But I'm used to them now

5. shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

Hahn likes to do a lot of post-production, especially if they continue with the VF.
    I find them all unusual and exhilarating. 'New Divide' is not creative? Seriously?

6. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Guys, we contacted a source at Warner and he got back to me with this! The official digipack artwork for the new album "Dinophant". Turns out those hints towards elephants in the build to ATS and the dinosaurs in the build to the new album were part of a bigger picture! This also confirms the new single name! Linkin Park - Dinophant coming Summer 2012!

[​IMG]

7. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

So, you wish to be called Cunt. You got it!

8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Really, the title we're talking about here is "Burn It Down". ;D Like, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that turns out to be the name of a mislabelled "Midnight" B-side, and/or if the song's lyrics are intended to act as a companion piece to "What I've Done". It definitely comes off as a Linkin Park song title to me.

I'm disappointed by the lack of pie there. Maybe the inlay or CD art will make up for it. ;P Can you, uh, get us scans of the CD art, Joe?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  9. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Come on dude. I didn't even laugh.

Maybe it's still just a working title! I remember that in a MtM interview, Brad said: "We had a song that was called "Fire in the City" and the chorus actually had the words "fire in the city" in it."

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  10. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

That's because you take shit way too seriously.

11. LP Soldier

LP Soldier Member

Amazing..!!! ;D

12. Derek

And seriously "With You" is a common song name, as is "Numb" and "From The Inside", they've all been used by other artists. Judging a song by title, is ludicrous. I don't care if the song is called "My Pet Dog Joe", if it's a good song...that's all that matters to me.

13. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I've said this before but no one answered, is someone here able to contact All Access and ask them where did they get the news from?

14. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

nice one dude...loved it.

15. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Wow... Some Linkin Park fans just refuse to be happy with the band. I think "Burn It Down" would make a great title and does not sound cliche. When I think of what the title means, there are many possibilities. Are they talking about a relationship? Are they talking about your preconceived notion about the band? Are they talking about power and control? Anyways, its a title. It's not always the best laid plans to judge a book by its cover... So why judge a song by its name? That just seems asinine...

16. shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

We got it, the big cahunas of the forums don't give a rats ass on the titles. I for one do, because that's all we're gonna be getting from LP's new record in the next couple of months.

17. blank_space

blank_space Member

That is all kinds of awesome. Kinda sad it's not official :awesome:

18. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Apparently he's 13 years old. He takes everything seriously until he starts growing hair down there.

19. Derek

All access gets usually their news directly from record label contacts as they are a radio station aggregate/affiliate service, which means that unless their source lied to them...this is pretty much confirmed. They were dead on with Iridescent being a single and the release date, and although we can't say its official due to WB/LP not making a comment, it's likely this is legit.

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yes, and that is yet another example of fire-related imagery in Linkin Park's lyrics and song titles. I don't know how any of you can be earnestly surprised.

This also means THERE IS AN ARSONIST IN LINCOLN PARK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.