RUMOR: Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You should burn down her house instead; that would fit better with the song title and it would express your Linkin Park addiction more clearly than words ever could. ;)

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And it's not at all uncommon for a band to release a single a while before an album is to come out. Here's a possible scenario to think about:

The band is going on tour in just two months. By that time the album will be mostly finished, and they'll have a song on the radio to burn up the charts (/burnitdown pun). They do their tour to give themselves a break from the studio, and then when they get home from the Europe tour in June, they completely finish up the record, release ANOTHER single to promote it around July and then release the album August or September while on tour in the states.
    ===
    The above may seem unlikely, but considering the fact the band themselves said they want to keep releasing music within 18 month periods and do shorter touring (as opposed to being away for 320 days out of 365 like they did for Hybrid Theory) it makes sense to me that they'd follow a similar path to this.

Oh and if my scenario turns out to be dead on, then I am awesome. Save this post for posterity, mon'. :rastamike:

3. Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

Eeeeeekkkk!!! Can't wait to see if this is true! Though as soon as I saw the title I thought it was familiar and realised I was actually playing "Burn it Down" by Alter Bridge on iTunes when I read that, hahahaha weird right?

I have this feeling that its gonna have the same feel as "Given Up" for some reason but with the heavy chorus "Hit the Floor" has........I can see this song dividing the fanbase even more now with people saying LP are lazy for going "BAK TO DER ROOTZ!" whilst others appreciate a return to familiar territory.

4. Derek

Well, even though you totally win for saying BAK TO DER ROOTZ, I must remind you that people misunderstood what Chester said. The album isn't going to really be "metal". According to Mike/Chester there might be some moments that bring back comfy memories of old LP, but it's not a straight up return to nu-metal. Both Mike and Chester have said it's just the sound of a band being comfortable with themselves and not trying too hard to prove anything. Just a band having a great time and loving what they do.

5. FoxxPS

FoxxPS Human centipede, budget cut.

Hyped.
    Moss agrees with the title.
    burn it.gif

6. Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

Yeah, that's why I said "familiar territory" instead of straight up Nu-Metal.

Now I have an image of Mel Gibson saying "Burrrrrnnn it" in his wonderful Scottish accent hahahahaha

7. Derek

Don't be sorry. You made the Mikeosaurus. Therefore you win instantly.

8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, so it's like a street single ... that's going to radio :"

9. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I'd really prefer if Linkin Park didn't preview too many songs on tour. I don't want to hear track titles or can previews like that. Instead, I'd like to LP just release the album in June a month after the single like they usually do. Less masochism for me to torture myself!

10. SonnyIanni

SonnyIanni Well-Known Member

Hmm... this is quite interesting to hear. I can just imagine Chester screaming "BURN IT DOWN! BURN IT THE F**K DOWN!"

11. Derek

THE PARK, THE PARK, THE PARK IS ON FIYAH
    WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK, LET THE MOTHERFUCKER BURN
    BURN IT DOWN...BURN IT DOWN.

12. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

This is so fucking awesome. Im now 100% sure this is true. Cant wait.

13. dbs47

dbs47 New Member

Hope this is true!!! I can't wait for their next album...it's gonna be awesome!

14. {L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

Are we going to get a snippet before the actual release??

15. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'm a bit late on this but you're awesome for using the old-school W00T smilie. That thing just doesn't get enough love these days.

16. JJEmpire64

JJEmpire64 Active Member

"Burn It Down", eh? Even if it's a rumored title and it might not be a real song, I'm already interested! Now I can't help but imagine what LP would do with a song under a title like that.

17. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

This is more than a day old! I can only explain the fact that no band member said anything about this rumor is that they haven't heard of it! Why would they keep their mouths shut otherwise?

18. Derek

Because perhaps maybe their management or the record label doesn't want them to comment yet? Or maybe that they're not ready to promote their new single yet and have other things lined up to announce it? There's a TON of reasons.

It took Mike more than a day to confirm our tracklisting for ATS was legit. Just cause the band stays silent, doesn't mean it's not true.

19. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Plus it is a Sunday. Big announcements tend to fare better on a weekday like let's say tomorrow?

20. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

The label thing doesn't make sense because Warner gave info to All Access, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.