RUMOR: Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

lol idk just thought id point it out

2. box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

Ah cannot wait for the single to be released :D

3. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

so excited for this that im listening to old school stuff...not Hybrid Theory in 2000 but the EP in 1999 AND even the pre-Chester era with the horrible Mark Wakefield on the Xero demo tapes...then i watched the video for their debut single One Step Closer and after looking at them i did one of these: :WTF: they were in their 20s back then and Chester....how should i put this so i dont break any rules... "not well" maybe? i heard rumors about him that idk were true or not...but wow times have changed!! 0_0

Bring on Linkin Park 2012 baby, back to der rootz!!! =D =D

4. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

impatiently awaiting any confirmation to the rumor~

5. HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

Man this is crazy, around this time yesterday it was 300 and something comments and now its 500 and something!

6. Griffin.

Griffin. New Member

Properly stoked and all, but i would LOVE a confirmtation from the band. Assuming its 100% legit and " Burn it down " will come out April 16th, when do people think the band will start telling us stuff and confirming the information we already have. If at all. ???

7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I hope, maybe, they're just breaking the rules and deliberately not letting us know for sure. It's a long-shot but it's nice and simple in a way ;D

8. Geki

Geki >.

Can't wait for 'Burn It Down' ... So excited.. Love the title and I can't wait for this record. I don't think this is fake at all.

9. saad94

saad94 Well-Known Member

One thing I would love to see in the new album are solos by Brad. Hopefully there is one in 'Burn it Down'.

10. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Yesss!!! I love his solo in "In Pieces"

11. chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Since the band hasn't turned anything down yet, this news could be legit. Let's just wait and be patient...

12. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I've been thinking that "Burn t Down" will kind of be a promotional single for the upcoming tour as well as the new album. With then another single from the album being released to coincide with the album launch. It happens a lot these days, release a little something to get the fans talking, let people know there's a new album coming, this will then generate interest for the pre-Summer festival tour dates, and then Linkin Park can release another track right before the album hits and then they embark on a US tour.

Shinedown is a good recent example of this. They released their first single "Bully" on January 3rd from the new album "Amaryllis" which they also announced on the same day, then they toured Europe for two months until releasing another single "Unity" on March 12th, a couple weeks ahead of the "Amaryllis" launch which is tomorrow along with their first US tour date which spans the next few months.

13. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I'm freaking out with this news! But I'm trying not to get my hopes up in case it is just a rumor, and failing.
    OH MY GOOSH I CAAN'T WAAIT!!!

14. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

If they don't come to Sydney for their new album tour, Mike's twitter will hear a lot of spam from me. And if they do, well, I'll be tweeting his twitter with obsessive fangirl tweets. Either way his twitter will hear about it (and so will everyone who follows me those poor suckers. . . oh hai there follower!).

15. minuteforce

One time, someone asked, "Would you rather Linkin Park make a new album or play a show in your city?" and I remembered that the band only ever come by places like Australia to make, like, obligatory world tour stops shortly after each album comes out. :/ My answer was, I'd prefer a new album for sure, because that at least means they'll actually come by and play a show or two.

16. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

And I'll be forced to legally contribute to the show unlike their music :lol:

I hope admins realise Im joking.

Suddenly I'm having a bad case of de ja vu cos I swore I posted a similiar thing in that exact thread that you're talking about.

17. LP Soldier

LP Soldier Member

18. minuteforce

That thread is long-gone. Until someone gets bored enough to check the archives. :)

19. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, you'll probably see it popping up on all sorts of radio / music release listing sites today. This is all but confirmed by Warner / LP at this point.

20. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*wave arms* Everybody just take it easy and enjoy the fact that LP will finally have a cd out this year! Plus the idea of a killer solo from Brad is kinda kewl! Maybe Mike do more singing but Phoenix do all the rapping works for me too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.