RUMOR: Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WesleyLPBR

WesleyLPBR Active Member

yes, I know. I post here what we have for you guys to be informed about what we have.

2. 19nacho19

19nacho19 Banned

Well after all I just hope it has a chorus in wich Chester screams "Buuuuuuuuuurn! iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! doooooooooown!" and acts like a crazy dinosaur to look like this: View attachment 3824

3. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

All this rumors and no-news start to pass the bill with some people,s nerves just relax fellas. We know all the websites wants the exclusive or the premiere but there exists ways to be polite, in the end is just a song, is just a name, is just a date.

4. LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

M2M sounds like a U2 album. I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of LP live in the HT days. Chester voice was much more different and the music, at least to me, had a much rawer sound. I guess a less fine tuned one. Kind of the sound you get when you check out some of the heavier local bands. Once Meteora came out, it changed to a more steady sound. Like they found their ground. It sounds good, but I guess I just like the way bands sound before they start playing bigger arenas.

5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I see what you means. Songs like By Myself or Forgotten have a very underground feeling to me. But that's quite normal in fact. When they started, LP was a "heavy local band"....which have fast become huge but still...

6. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

But how much more can LP grow, they have done it all with writing lyrics from HT to ATS, sadness, anger, hate, depression, hope, joyful, political, sure ATS was a huge change it was really different, they created their own sound with ATS but dont you think
    that some other band will only copy that ATS sound also? Just like bands copied it with Hybrid Theory and Meteora, sure the band needs to grow but for how much longer? And than whats next they become a country or jazz band?

7. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Just because you can't see any potential for future growth doesn't mean the band can't.

I'm sure everyone said the same thing about Radiohead after OK Computer. Then Kid A came out. Then they said the same thing. Over and over again.

I'm sure everyone said the same thing about the Red Hot Chili Peppers after Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

Or Nine Inch Nails after Broken.

There are so many examples of bands that grow in new, unexpected directions. Hell, my favorite example of this is one that nobody even seems to know about.

You may know of The Cardigans:

[youtube]I9zpnLBtwwg[/youtube]

You know what they sounded like on their next album?

[youtube]zGVPsmwqh48[/youtube]

And on the album after that?

[youtube]XseOiziMsJE[/youtube]

There's definitely room for LP to grow as a band. And I'm excited to see where they go in the future.

8. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

^ This.

9. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

You got a point but i'm worried about their future its just that LP is getting old now, i dont mean their music because they are one of the biggest bands in the 21st century but the band itself
    there's gonna come a point when the band starts running out of ideas, right now LP are in their prime, we should be getting atleast 3 or 4 new albums in the next 10 years, and who knows what LP is gonna sound like in the next 10 years

10. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I know right! How exiting is that. :)

11. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Exactly, no one can predict what LP will sound like 10 years from now, that's the fun of it. If I could predict what their music would sound like for the next few albums then I would have stopped following them obsessively a long time ago. A lot of things you say don't make much sense.

"But how much more can LP grow"
    Who says they ever have to stop growing? If you look at it literally, things will grow up until the point that they die. Nothing ever stops growing, artists never stop learning. If Linkin Park manage to stay together into their 60s I'm sure they will still have something new up their sleeves, but no one can really know that at this point in time.

"they have done it all with writing lyrics from HT to ATS, sadness, anger, hate, depression, hope, joyful, political"
    Yes, and what of it? Nothing under the sun is new. It won't stop them from finding new ways to think about the same subjects everyone else has been writing lyrics about for the past few millenia or so.

"sure ATS was a huge change it was really different, they created their own sound with ATS but dont you think that some other band will only copy that ATS sound also?"
    I'm not saying A Thousand Suns is a masterpiece of music or anything (though I certainly think so), but I for one don't think that it has just one cohesive sound throughout, so I'm not sure how a band can "copy" a whole album where the songs don't even sound that similar to each other.

"And than whats next they become a country or jazz band?"
    I think I've read that same statement from you or someone else earlier in this thread. Is it a personal prejudice against country or jazz? At any rate, I don't see Linkin Park suddenly becoming an all-jazz band or an all-country band. And if they were, I'm sure they'd find a way to make it work. ;)

Tl;dr Every artist has room to grow, so there's no reason for Linkin Park to stop now. You say they're at their prime...I think they're just getting started.

12. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Excuse me it's not a personal prejudice against country or jazz but dont you think it would be kinda weird hearing LP make country or jazz songs?

13. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

My dream would become true then :trollface:

Seriously, I hope a debate about LP going country/jazz is not on the way ^^

14. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I think the "prejudice" thing is because you always bring up country or jazz as future sounds for LP, when there's dozens if not hundreds of other possibilities they can explore without losing their personality.

15. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I wonder if we can get to 1000 reply's?? :D

16. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

IMO i think jazz music is very catchy, but thats the whole point for LP to not lose their personality and go really really extreme, with ATS ppl could still tell it was LP

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

During the ATS message campaign we had a few threads go over 1,000. It's very possible :).

18. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

If it sounds good, who cares?

The point of ATS and the making of it was that the band came to the conclusion that whatever they made as a group is considered Linkin Park music. It can't NOT sound like them and it can't NOT have their personality because they created it.

19. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

No, I mean before they stop making music

20. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

If it is on the way, you won't see me being a part of it! :lol:

Basically, yeah, I agree. There are way better examples than jazz and country.

Everything Minus said. That's the whole point of how they came about making music. They said they wanted to hear a certain type of music but no one was making it (at least no one made it sound good), so they created it.
    Now that the "nu-metal" thing became popular, they moved away from that to do other types of music that no one else makes, or at least make music the way that they would like to hear it. And at the rate they're going, they'll probably always make music that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.