"Burn It Down" Mentioned By Rolling Stone | New Song "Lost In The Echo" Revealed

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

It means Shinoda will be rapping.

:lol:

lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

:headbang: I am going to...

[video=youtube;kZ0fUm_eUPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ0fUm_eUPM[/video]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

Funny how people are like - oh noes the track titles don't excite me.
    I wish they would just put track names 1-15 or whatever. Who cares about what the names are. As long as the album sounds good and you can tell nothing from a song title besides maybe a theme.
    Don't get me wrong Naming something is important but it doesn't dictate how a song will be.

I'm so excited for this album, I think its going to be a bit more Radio Friendly but still with a good listen will have the depth all LP fans need. I've yet to hear anything these guys have made that I haven't loved.

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Xero tape? :p Nah, I'm not sure what they mean by that. It's not like he doesn't MC anymore, I think.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not really, but it's fun to post just so BlackOut can tell us to fuck off. :trollface:

saad94

saad94 Well-Known Member

Ohok thanks! Now I'm even more excited for the new album! :awesome:

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

At least we have a confirmed song title. I'd say with this article that all things are confirmed since it'd be hard for Rolling Stone to BS this thing.
    Release date is interchangeable but doubtful. Now we just need LP to start teasers

LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Hybrid Theory EP or Xero, Mike is a really good rapper his raps are very meaningful not like most rappers, i think Shinoda is a very underrated rapper and deserves more credit

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

It means he's going BACK TO DER ROOTS :trollface:

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

They didn't say that it sounded like Hybrid Theory, just that the music left a similar impression. I like the sound of that, to be honest. Linkin Park have made some good mid-tempo songs, but even ATS could have used a bit more energy.

And that's just one writer's opinion. I'd be willing to bet this album probably won't get a good review from Rolling Stone, anyway. :p

thor

thor Well-Known Member

for fucks sake confirm the god damn song already. I cannot take this anymore. Anyways, Lost in the echo should be badass, the way its describe in the article. Mike with his MC roots, oh shit!!!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Awesome!! Can't wait!! Ok, so far we've got one 'chester' song and one rap song.. Hope these news get confirmed quickly!! :'D

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think the title of the album is TBD.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

AW SHIT.

In all seriousness though. I know everyone's getting heartburn cause there's sporadic mentions of "familiarity" and "mixing the old and new" but for some reason I'm cautiously excited and optimistic about this album. The band has seemed really proud of this record, and with Rolling Stone liking what they've heard (considering their review of ATS was negative) it's promising.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"MC roots" is just a stock phrase magazines use just to refer to "rapping" in a more exciting manner. ;" That phrase alone (especially before we've heard the album) shouldn't differentiate the rapping on this upcoming album from the raps Shinoda's done on previous ones.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    mastae

mastae Some Honky

While hearing that there are electro grooves gets me excited (because I fucking love The Catalyst, and would adore a Catalyst 2.0), I'm very nervous that this album could see them returning to a "nu-metal" style. While I know Shinoda has said the opposite of that, I'm still nervous about it hahaha.

I'm sure though that once the album releases, I'll be like "LOL WHY THE FUCK DID I DOUBT YOU?!?!" :awesome:

Xero-

Xero- σοφία, δικαιοσύνης και αγάπης

Nothing wrong with them embracing their roots while also building upon their evolution, IMO. Best of both worlds.

Bring it on, LP. I can't wait.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I'd keep faith in LP. If every word Mike and the band has said has been true, I'd trust in them that they're not going to do a complete 180.
    Believe in the band, it's the only thing we can do until we listen to the music.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I worry about that too, a fair few of us do, but I have faith in Shinoda. He'd know better than to do that, I'm sure. :) At the same time, we've all had to deal with a lot of contradictory statements so those concerns are quite valid

mastae

mastae Some Honky

On a slightly unrelated note: is it sad that I joined because most of the fans here seem to favor A Thousand Suns? I mean, I love their early stuff as much as the next guy, but to me, ATS blew those albums away.

And aside from this website, I feel like most fans rage against ATS...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.