"Burn It Down" Mentioned By Rolling Stone | New Song "Lost In The Echo" Revealed

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Trust me, the album isn't going to be full on nu-metal. Dave said it wont be metal in an LPU chat, Chester said it's not going to be "too metal", and Mike pretty much made it clear that Chester's comments were misinterpreted like crazy and the album isn't really metal, it's just the band comfortable in their own skin and not running away screaming from their old selves.

So the way I take it is this...it's a combination of everything the band has learned so far, while still being fresh, new and not a re-treading of old ground. It certainly wont sound like ATS, but as Mike has repeatedly pointed out, it wont sound like Hybrid Theory either. I think it's going to be a strong record.

Welcome to LPA :). We are very open about ATS here, and many of us embrace the band's growth.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

June? Um, hell yeah! My birthday is in June and this would make a good birthday present for me for sure. :clap:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Be careful what you wish for. Meteora came out on my birthday :lol:

brunolpbr

brunolpbr New Member

I think with the new album, we'll see the good and old Linkin Park, but of course we can not expect an album 100% nu-metal...let's see...just more a few days to hear this new single

Jet5195

Jet5195 Active Member

Well with the news of the return of Shinoda's MC roots in Lost In The Echo my expectations for this album have increased by x100 :D

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I don't know why I hadn't joined yet... been a fan since Xero days, and an on/off member of the LPU (off since they upped the price).

Back to the topic, though, I saw The Raid: Redemption today (it was my 2nd time seeing it) and I honestly wouldn't mind if the next LP album somewhat echoed that sound (especially on tracks like We Have Company and Drug Lab).

Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

Lost in the Echo ....a really great title...I am very curious to see what it will sound like!

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

June sounds perfect for release. 1st single out April 16th, maybe 2nd single by May 21st or 28th and then album drop June 12th or 19th right in time for a U.S tour after the international fans have had a couple new songs performed live on the international 'tour'.

LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

It feels like this album could be like a Reanimation 2.0 or something like that

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Got an extra Xero tape I can buy? Just kidding.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I like the title Lost in the Echo!

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Same here, dude. I'm exactly the same way, and nice to meet you!

Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

My hype level for this album just went through the roof! Can't wait for the single to drop!

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Ahh I see the fans are at it again. The news itself is exciting and I wouldn't put too much stock into what the album might sound like. It'll sound different to each listener and that's the fun part of listening to music. I don't care really if they go back to their roots ala Hybrid Theory or they make ATS part 2. I enjoyed both albums immensely and even though I hold ATS in higher regard because of its musicality, I think if there's one band in the world that can improve upon Hybrid Theory it's LP. So I eagerly await more information to be released by the band. I think they should definitely do a puzzle/riddle like thing they did with the ATS. Those were fun. Also, I'm looking forward to the website redesign, the artwork, and all the other cool promotions they'll have for this album release. This summer is going to be super awesome!

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I can't wait to hear the new album. I'm pumped. LP has never disappointed me before, and each album has only gotten better.

box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

why do so many people on here dislike meteora?

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Let's please not get into this argument again. The key is not that people don't like Meteora. It's that a lot of LP fans here also find ATS enjoyable and perhaps sometimes more enjoyable than Meteora. That is all. Plus, Todd was joking

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

There are various threads on that subject in the 'Linkin Park Chat' sub-forum. You might find answers to your burning questions there. ;P

Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

I agree, I have liked every album with HT and ATS at the top of the list. I would like for LP do continue evolving while not being scared to use the good from their past which seems to be what they are doing. But if they were to make an ATS part 2 or another nu metal album I'm sure I would still enjoy it, even if it isn't what I would prefer.

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

It's not that no one likes Meteora, it's just that we've moved onto bigger and better things from LP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.