MTV: Chester Discusses New Single "Burn It Down"

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Regarding the band playing older material at concerts, I think we just have to accept the fact that certain songs are going to be played at 90%+ of their concerts (your "In The End"s, "Numb"s) just because they are such big hits. Like it or not, it is what got you into the band and, although I do agree the newer material has been an improvement, many of those songs still transfer really well live. I've only been to one Linkin Park show thus far, and, without a doubt, the songs that people really got into and were received well were One Step Closer, In The End, and Breaking The Habit. At this point in their career, they have 50+ songs that they could play live at any given time, and it's impossible and unfair to expect them to play songs that cater to a few people. For me, when it comes to an album, Linkin Park should have all the right in the world to release whatever type of song, instrumental, lyrics, etc. they want. However, a live performance is for the fans. When people pay the expense for a ticket, they are buying a certain expectation. Obviously the band is going to go out and give it their all as always, but they also expect to hear a wide-range of songs from the entire known discography (with the exception of EPs and demos). That's why I think these songs will be forever played at most concerts.

2. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

Since we're on topic with the live setlists and stuff. I'm just gonna go out and say it, Not only do I watch it on youtube and think it's terrible, but I've gone to 2 live shows in 2010. And i gotta admit, The Catalyst & Waiting for the end are really terrible live, they are out of tune alot (for some reason) And the songs just sound really unenthusiastic live. Don't get me wrong, Wretches and Kings is the BEST live song LP have, and When they come for me is a must have at the concert too. But The Catalyst & Waiting for the end are terrible live, and you guys will only see that if you ignore the fact you LOVE LP, and just listen to it for once. I also think Easier to Run should be on the new setlists, as it is an old style sounding song, but alot of great things going on, from a great build up to the chorus from the pre chorus where chester sings over mikes rap, and then the amazing emotional easier to run chorus. Yeah...

3. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think if the band were to re-incorporate Easier To Run, Dave would just leave the stage, hahah!

4. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

hahahahaha yesss

5. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Truth!

Truth!

6. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Yeah, Dave really hate that song..... :D

Why? I thought it has energy during live......

7. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Yeah, I sometimes wonder how much Given* Up would take out of Chester live, I imagine if they let it go, he'd be able to channel out his energy more. No complaints about the track though anyway, Chester aced it at my concert.

8. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

Obviously, I can't say you're wrong, because that's your opinion.

But you're wrong xD

9. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Like it or not, the band is always going to play the old material; the huge hits that got them famous. These are staples. They will ALWAYS play In The End, One Step Closer, Numb, Faint, What I've Done, and now, Waiting For The End. Crawling has been a part of that list but I can see them dropping it for this upcoming tour, God knows they need to. Also, Breaking the Habit could be on that list as well, but they do not ALWAYS play it like the others. Now, my only personal problems with these are Numb and Waiting For The End, since both are honestly pretty lame live. But there's nothing we can do about that. I think ITE, OSC, Faint, and even WID still bring it live.

10. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Hahaha :D its still wrong..... maybe of the electronics and syths that made too messy?

11. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

I can't believe I read things like In The End should be cut from the setlists", seriously, that must be a joke. There are songs that can't be cut EVER, In The End is always the moment of the night in the LP shows, the song the fans expect most. OSC is also a must have. You can change every other song but these 2? Someday you will prefer the band to play covers than their biggest hits. And Minus, you already went to a lot of LP shows it's ok for you to think that way, but me (and a LOT of people like me) have only seen LP once (or not even once, or 2 times) and we aren't tired of hearing the old stuff. They played it in Live in Texas? I wasn't there, they played it in RTR? I wasn't there either. I don't care if they play the songs for a decade or not, I want to see them LIVE for myself. I'm going to see them in rock in rio and I expect (and I am sure) that they will make an amazing setlists combining old and new stuff.

12. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

Crawling was a huge hit also. It got them a Grammy (and I know grammyz don't mean shit hur dur!!11!). So I doubt they'll be dropping that.

13. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Yeah, I guess that was just wishful thinking on my part.

14. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

i dont mind if they drop songs from meteora or m2m to accomodate newer songs,but i wish they dont drop crawling..thats my favourite song of all time and i would do anything to hear it live

15. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

They look bored playing the older songs.

16. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

hats off to metallica for their setlist,they did not drop kill em all or ride the lightning classics instead they dont play anything from load and st anger.

17. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think Papercut, Faint, Bleed It Out, Given Up, No More Sorrow, and When They Come For Me are the best live songs from their shows that I have heard. I haven't been to a Linkin Park concert yet, but from the Live in Moscow and Road To Revolution shows, those were pretty great. If they kept at least those songs in their shows, it would kind of keep all of the audience entertained and enjoy the old stuff, but not forcing them to listen to the same songs again for the millionth time.

18. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think it's safe to assume that because they have been playing some songs for over a decade. Doing anything that repetitive could be boring.

19. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

20. DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

are you sure that it's a band's page?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.