MTV: Chester Discusses New Single "Burn It Down"

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yeah, it does look fan-made, but that artwork at the bottom is pretty cool looking.

2. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

3. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Yeah, they don't need to drop the songs from their setlists permanently, but they should mix things up a little more. How many people bought Hybrid Theory? I'm sure a few of those people listened to more than just the singles, haha.

4. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Obviously fan-made, it's even in spanish man.

5. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

I respect your opinion friend, but I disagree with you regarding The Catalyst. I saw them at the iTunes Festival in London last year. The Catalyst was probably the highlight of the whole show for me. It's not even one of my favourite Linkin Park songs, there was just something incredible about it live that day (you can find the performance on YouTube). My friend, who once asked if The Catalyst was "some kind of joke?" also came away from the show raving about The Catalyst. Also, that day Mike had added a few cool, altered melodies into his parts (e.g. the end of The Catalyst and the end of Papercut), so that was cool.

With regards to setlists in general, the first time I saw Linkin Park (November 2010), I realized that all the conversations I'd read online about setlists were (to me) meaningless when it came to the show in real life. I came away from the show thinking it was the best thing ever, regardless of setlist. They didn't play about half of the songs that I'd gone in really hoping to see, but it really didn't matter in the slightest - they'd blown me away.

6. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Good point. For me, I would love to hear With You live. Judging by YouTube videos, that song was incredible. I just don't think we'll be seeing the band completely leave those nostalgic songs for their career.

This. Truer words have never been written, especially that last part.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  7. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The difference here is that St. Anger is absolute and utter shite while ATS is the best album they've put out.

8. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

ATS is good but not the best,with songs like when they come for me(it had fart noises as its intro)how can it surpass the likes of ht,ats is probably the 2nd best lp record.

9. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Someone should correct me if I am wrong (I usually am), but isn't that "fart" noise at the beginning of When They Come For Me just a heavily edited guitar?

10. Cinemamonster

Cinemamonster Are you watching closely?

Crawling has toilet flushing noises as its intro.
    P.S. I love both songs.

11. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I've been a fan of Linkin Park since I got Hybrid Theroy back in 2000. This year I will make sure I finally see them live for the first time. There are songs that I love and hope they play but if they don't I won't let it ruin the experanice. They can't please everyone.

12. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

If that's what your farts sound like, I recommend seeing a doctor most urgently :p

13. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Fart noises? What are you, 12?
    Creatively, ATS is the best musical album Linkin Park has put out so far in their creatively. Financially, HT is "best." And while Hybrid Theory is certainly good, it doesn't really hold a candle to the new stuff Linkin Park has been putting out which top their previous works lyrically, artistically, and memorably.
    In 40 years people will remember Hybrid Theory as the album that introduced the world to Linkin Park, but A Thousand Suns is what let the world know that Linkin Park is not to be forgotten as with the likes of other so-called nu-metal bands.

14. Minus

[​IMG]

15. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

I don't think you're wrong. They sound like edited guitar notes, or they could be completely synthesized by a keyboard. But most likely not farts.

16. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

If they are actually farts, I'm a little disappointed Fiore didn't include that in a LPTV, LPUTV, or Meeting of A Thousand Suns..

17. DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

ahahahahahah

18. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I am known for having some awful, loud, stinky, smelly and odd sounding farts, but never in my 26 years of farting has one ever sounded like the intro of WTCFM.

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Consider me inspired. Within a week or two I will be posting a fart remix of When They Come For Me to my Soundcloud.

20. Minus

Gives your avatar a whole new meaning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.