MTV: Chester Discusses New Single "Burn It Down"

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

If you're out to claim their post was childish somehow, you can save yourself some wasted time and give up now. ;" They made a perfectly valid point and there was nothing immature in the post. ;)

Also, you sound fucking creepy persistently asking someone how old they are ...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

get from 8 to 5, no way. we need 8 at minimum. The LP shows need to have old songs. and yes play a lot of the songs from the new album but also the old stuff

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Okay let's not get into an argument in here. Thank you.

4. Blake

YES! Fianally someone who agrees with me!

5. giorgoslp

giorgoslp Banned

Hybrid Theory is faaaaaaar more creative than any other stuff LP have ever released.. The combination of Shinoda and Bennington was a killer at that era.. ATS can even touch it in a matter of creativeness.. And after Hybrid Theory, Linkin Park never did ANYTHING creative.. Meteora was a great album but it didn't add anything new to LP's music.. MtM was also a pretty good album (though I admit that it took me nearly two years to realize that but it also didn't have anything that the music industry had never seen before.. And then.. ATS was released.. Which showed everyone that there is no limit to music.. Anything can always be better and everyone can always improve! But also the exact opposite is true also.. And LP did the latter..

Sure, it was an experimenting disc.. Sure I did not mind not hearing guitars and I was really open (and excited) to hear an electronic sound.. But ATS is just pop-rock really poorly written.. Their lyrics are the worst they've ever written, the melodies are sounds that a 12-year old could make..

I'm not bashing their choice to change.. Sometimes that's mandatory if you want to improve.. But LP did not improve.. They just became a lot worst..

You wanna hear really good experimenting records? Go listen to Radiohead's "Kid A", Portishead's "Third", Nine Inch Nail's "The Downward Spiral".. That's some experimentation worth doing and worth listening to.. Not ATS....

6. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

^^^ I don't think I've ever read a post that made me facepalm so hard yet agree with so much at the same time. I agree with the the last block of text. (As in Kid A, Third, and The Downward Spiral are much more experimental/creative than ATS).

But let me ask you giorgoslp, what do you think Hybrid Theory had that the "music industry had not seen before"?

7. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Yeah, that's not creepy at all. I'm 21 if you really must know. Mind telling me why now?

8. Blake

So LP is not to be forgotten but ATS was the weakest selling LP album and divided the fanbase? yeah.....

and I still think Meteora/ MTM have better lyrics than ATS and are more memorable

9. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

:pedobear:

10. Serenity

First of all, why is my post just being brought up now? Was it not relevant enough 10 pages ago?

11. VavourasLP

VavourasLP Active Member

Nah I just wanted to know if the person was under 17 I wouldn't mind them saying that ATS will be remembered in 40 years. You can say all kinds of crazy stuff when you're a teenager and still think you're right. And actually I miss the part where saying LP will be remembered in 40 years because of ATS is actually valid... sure you can go on being a smartass and claiming what's valid and not without giving specific reasons. But sorry here its 3 in the morning and I'm not going to argue with you on why ATS is not as good as you think, and why it won't be remembered. All I can say is listen to some more music. Have a good night.

From a Meteora fan.

12. giorgoslp

giorgoslp Banned

Mostly the combination of Mike's rapping and Chester's singing/screaming.. In a way that actually worked and sounded nice when you put it all together.. I don't seem to recall a band that managed to do that with such a success.. And that's what LP fans loved at that time.. I'll admit, that's what got me hooked with the band.. It was something unique that I've never heard before working so well together..

13. minuteforce

Eh, I think the album is memorable, for better or worse. :)

I don't know, man, these things happen. People who want to reply to particular posts can only get on the board at certain times and so on. :) I woke up this morning and I had a lot to catch up on in this thread alone

14. Brandon

That's fair, but it sounds like you're saying that LP just did what others were doing, but with a unique twist. Is that really so memorable in the grand scheme of music? Some people could make the argument that Limp Bizkit did it with very similar success at the time.

15. Serenity

I can't agree more with you. Where do these people come from? My forehead hurts from smacking it so hard.

I couldn't even finish reading your whole post because I couldn't take it seriously, but if you honestly want me to debate you on that then go ahead and say so.

Thanks. Honestly I think I act polite and mature enough to not be attacked blatantly but what do I know..

Well for one thing I'm older than you, so if you think a person's knowledge is based on their age then you must not be very intelligent compared to me.
    You're right though, people can say crazy stuff when they're teenaged, but you're not teenaged and still saying some pretty crazy things.
    Talk about being a hypocrite, though. You call me a smartass (why?) and say I don't give specific reasons to back up my argument, yet you go and do the same thing. If you want to have an actual debate, then let's have at it.
    Also, 3 AM or not, is seems like you're going out of your way to argue with me about why ATS is or isn't good. But you don't actually have "specific reasons," so it's easy to see why you would give up before you even tried. Good night.

From a Linkin Park fan.

16. minuteforce

Haven't infections riffs and melodies always defined the grand scheme of music? ;P

17. Brandon

That's what I mean. It doesn't sound overly creative either.

My own personal view is that Linkin Park has had massive success, but none of their albums have really achieved a great breakthrough artistic success. I believe A Thousand Suns has come the closest, but it still wasn't particularly close.

That's why I want the band to keep pushing and "just going bonkers," as Chester put it.

18. giorgoslp

giorgoslp Banned

No, it's not "so" memorable in the scheme of music and I never said that.. I just said that their combination was a killer.. Yes, LP just "did what others were doing, but with a unique twist".. And that's what music needs to improve.. Small steps at a time.. I'm not saying that LP changed the course of music history nor that they wrote a whole new chapter at the book of rock..

19. Brandon

Okay, that's cool then. I just thought you meant it was memorable because when you talked about MTM, you said "MtM was also a pretty good album (though I admit that it took me nearly two years to realize that but it also didn't have anything that the music industry had never seen before)"

Which I thought was implying that HT did have that stuff. But I guess that's not what you meant.

20. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

This thread. Is killing me. By stars!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.