Body Transformations

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Nobody Can Shave Me Now, Oct 24, 2011.

shinformant

shinformant Banned

Don't drink soda period. Stay away from dairy milk as well if you drink that often. Both are ridiculously unhealthy not just in terms of calories.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

How is dairy milk unhealthy?

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So, I'm beginning to ween myself off of soda. I've only had a glass and a half today. I bought some Diet Lipton Green Tea and have been drinking that. Starting off on this, I am at 235. At one point, I was 247-my heaviest. That was Novemberish/Decemberish...

travz21

My friend cut pop out of his diet completely starting February 1st and started drinking a gallon of water a day in its place. He said he's also doing really light workouts just 3 times a week. So far he's lost 20 pounds he says. He's about 6'3'', 220 now. It's amazing what your body will do when it's properly hydrated and when you avoid empty calories.

I quit drinking pop when I was around 12 or something. So it's been about 11 years for me. I'll have it only a couple times a year when someone coaxes me into a mixed drink. Once you quit drinking it, you really never miss it after a while.

Hybrid

Thank you... I wish I could quit it completely. I tried that and I got the shakes and was really antsy with a head ache. I was literally going through withdrawl and it was pure hell. I have to ease myself out. I don't think there is any other way. The Green Tea is very tasty and is a great supplement, in my eyes. I'm also going to start replacing my lunches with soups. I did that a few years back and I got all the way down to 216.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

I need to stop smoking.:rolleyes:

Hybrid

If there isn't one, maybe you should start a stop smoking thread???

Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

My story is a little different than some of the ones here but I figured I would share.

I played baseball all through high school, and I was a pretty lean guy. At the time, I was around 6'1", 190-195ish. Strength training, cardio, daily.
    When I entered college, my lifestyle changed. I was no longer playing baseball, and started working odd jobs frequently to supplement the outlandishly expensive tuition bills. I stopped working out, and all the muscle I built in high school dropped off me in my freshman year. On top of the lifestyle changes, I also dealt with some personal issues that further affected my appearance. My weight dropped to about 155, and I became extremely scrawny and unhealthy looking. I know this is contrary to alot of posts in here, and most of the people in this thread would be thrilled to drop ~30 pounds by doing pretty much nothing, but for me this was a problem. I wasn't happy with my appearance, and I apologize if this rubs anyone the wrong way.

The good news is, I've been in the process of doing something about it. In October of 2011, I began lifting weights 3-4 days per week (when I can, sometimes 2 jobs doesn't allow it), eating better, and drinking protein shakes. I am now up to 180 lbs, and I have never felt better about myself. My girlfriend makes me go running with her, which I despise, but I know is good for me. I'm still not back to my peak physical condition that I was in high school, but I'm happy with my progress.

Not really a success story, but more of a "come back in the making" story. :)

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The Freshman 15 for me was the Freshman 40. Maybe 50. But I was unhealthily skinny due to Tae Kwon Do competing. At my heaviest in high school, I was 120. As it is, a relationship and a job sitting and not having time to work out while still keeping my eating habits wasn't healthy.

In the time since the break-up, I've had more time to work out which means I've lost about 35 pounds so far. I'm looking at another 20 by the end of the summer. That's being conservative, of course.

Just goes to show, eating right doesn't mean shit. Work out enough and your body will do the rest. I'm still considered the black hole among my friends. Food that enters my event horizon just disappears. 30 minutes a day, that's all you need!

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I don't think a lot of people realize this. Unless you're trying to bulk up and get ripped, you really don't need to work out for that long (and even when lifting, 45 minutes to an hour is fine). I lost a shit ton of weight without working out for any longer than 40 minutes a day, 5-6 days a week. Shit, I had my workout whittled down to 20-25 minutes for a while. It was an intense 25 minutes, but 25 minutes nonetheless.

Hybrid

Not sure if typo or trollololing.

Minus

Neither. Here's me when I got my Black Belt certification my Junior(?) year:

[​IMG]

Now mind you that shirt is a small and that belt is as far buckled as it can be.

I don't want to get THAT skinny again. That was all muscle and was probably a bit unhealthy considering how lack of fat in the body can mess with how it grows. But I've bulked up a bit in the arms and chest so a good 140 is what I'm aiming for.

In September I was a pretty solid 210. This was me about 10 pounds lighter in November:

[thumb]http://i.imgur.com/DVygp.jpg[/thumb]

I'm not fooling myself here: I was still considered 'skinny' body wise (that button-up is also a small. Still baggy), but you can definitely tell in the face. That's my main concern. All my weight went to my ass (which the girl I'm seeing has not complaints for) and my face.

Aaaand this is me last month:

[thumb]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32578336/2012-02-18%2015.29.23.jpg[/thumb]

Also about 20 pounds later. Slimmed down the face a whole bunch and still drink a shit load to boot! Listen to Timothy and I: 30 MINUTES OF EXERCISE DAILY IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO LOSE WEIGHT.

That and go from 3 big meals to like 6 small meals throughout the day.

travz21

How tall are you?

Minus

5'8"

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Sonic screwdriver...

I guess I shall post something on topic.

Sonic screwdriver.

Hybrid

Wow, Minus, I misread your whole first post. I thought you were saying you were 120 and lost 35 from that. Anyways, you look healthier now. :)

Unfortunately, I'm having a gout attack right now and my left toe/foot is killing me. Yet another reason why I need to lose weight. The shittiest thing is that I have really bad ankles from playing hockey in high school, so running and/or any strenuous exercise is out of the question. I'll get days where I wake up and can't even walk just because of a short sprint the day before. It sucks. I really don't think I'm obese either. I'm 6'0'' and weigh approximately 235 lbs. And all of those diet pills are out of the question. I think they cause more damage than they help. I guess that's my story...

Minus

I know exactly how you feel. A lot of people have strange... weight distributions. I know a lot of people refuse to believe I'm 180, but that's just how the cookie crumbles.

Sucks about the ankles. There are plenty of alternative workouts that involve less stress on the ankles. Anything in the water, for example. P90X's Ab Ripper consists mostly of workouts on your back or side.

Hybrid

Strangely enough, swimming hurts too... Maybe if I diet first, it will be easier for my ankles to function... Thanks for the tip though. :)

shinformant

shinformant Banned

If you're making a conscious decision to be healthier, there's not a lot of point in drinking it when there are alternatives which are (IMO) tastier, inexpensive, less fattening and caloric, just as if not more nutritious, and more sustainable.

And even diet soda is still acidic and bad for your teeth. I learnt that the hard way.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    Hybrid

I wanted to post a "weigh-in." As of right now, I am at 228. I've been drinking a lot more water. The only thing is, I haven't eaten anything today, but I can't eat pounds and pounds of food in a day...