BURN IT DOWN Puzzle - Ongoing Progress (Full Puzzle Complete)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

If you're not going to provide any basis for your findings, I'm going to have to delete it for being intentionally misleading.

2. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

There's a summary post link for STL22's theories, but going through 5000 posts to summarize all the members' ideas would be impossible.

3. disadams

disadams Active Member

If you know something, why dont share your knowledge?

4. Hackuity

Hackuity Member

Page 211...here you are ;)

5. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Well the number is in the page source on the tumblr page. As for the rest...

6. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Actually i was making fun of ToTheCitadels post.
    It seems out of context for me.

edit:
    ...but Joe put it in context, thanks.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  7. disadams

disadams Active Member

8. DeMz

DeMz New Member

hey guys. I'm not sure wheter it was posted before (I'm not feeling like reading all posts :O) so I thought I'll share my thoughts:

http://bit.ly/HwDGrF

my english is poor so i'll try to make it simple and hope you understand: first of all you take all the numbers from the puzzles. I'll gove you an example on the first row: 53282 3265. you're doing everything as on the LPA forum. separating the first digit. 5 3282 3265. now substraction. 3282 - 3265 = 17. 17th letter from alphabet is Q. now what you're doing is counting 5 letters down from Q. why 5? 5 is the first digit, which we separated in the beginning. what you'll receive is L. do it with every number and you'll have "LIVING TH N". there are only 4 puzzles left with the last one with zeros, which tells you that it's the end of the sentence. so I would suggest "LIVING THING". but would it be a name for the album? not sure though ;)

what do you think? if it was here before - ignore it or even delete it. peace.

9. _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

I'll give it my best shot:

The puzzle was released with a simple ultimatum: "Unlock puzzles, hear pieces of our new single first." (via Mike Shinoda on Twitter) At this point the puzzles were just that, and this went on for a while. People figured out how to Sudo Solve() the puzzles, and for some things were getting a bit boring. Of course there were people who thought there may be more to this than there appeared, but every attempt to use the terminal, play with the pictures, and scour the page source met with dead ends. Everything was getting a little slow and people were becoming cynical. And then it all changed.

"There's more than meets the eye. 5. 4. Cipher. It's there." (via Linkin Park on Twitter) People had already suspected there was more to this puzzle than just solving the cover art, and this proved it. But now it was a matter of figuring out what this new clue meant. People immediately made connections to the Transformers, but that fizzled out quickly because there was no connection or anything really that suggested a Transformers element to the puzzle. Then as we focused in more on the "5. 4." piece of the tweet, people tried focusing on the 4th and 5th pieces of the puzzle. Again, a dead end. All that was left was a series of mysterious comments in the page source, one for each segment of the puzzle we solved. They were all 9 digits long, posted in the form of XXXXX XXXX. 5 and 4.

At this point, Nameless had also discovered that Eyes and Ears Entertainment were in on the puzzle's creation along with Uprising Creative, and our efforts hadn't gone unnoticed. "Focus on the numbers. The numbers tell all." (via Uprising Creative on Twitter) This reinforced the idea that we were looking in the right direction, but didn't explain what it was we were looking for. People tried substitution ciphers and came up empty, and every pattern we found ended up leading nowhere, until...

A slow trend had started forming toward focusing on how the numbers interacted when the first digit was removed, and the two 4-digit numbers were then put into a subtraction problem. And as we soon found out, doing that gave us some useable letters. It wasn't long after that when we got confirmation: "stl22 is close." (via Linkin Park on Twitter) Ok, so we're on the right track, but now what?

That's how we got to where we are now. So far we have LIVING_TH_N__ unlocked, and the going consensus is that this solved into "LIVING THINGS". However, this isn't confirmed nor does it make much sense. Right now we're waiting for the next piece of the puzzle to come out so we can fill in another (hopefully non-0) string, and get our next letter.

10. Rock17

Rock17 New Member

It could be "Living The New".

Thanks to Hackuity for bringing me here.

EDIT: I'm from the italian team too.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  11. thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

Im starting to think it might be more.
    Living The N Something.
    Living The Nightmare :WTF:

If we work out what Living_Th_N_ is - is that what we type into the terminal?

12. _Depression

I don't quite think it'll be that, it just sounds very awkward to say. But at this point anything is possible.

Unfortunately the terminal's abilities are hard-coded into the page. All it will recognize is the SUDO SOLVE() command.

13. thegame87

So when do we know we have solved this thing? What is it that we get once we somehow solve it - who/what/where do we tell it/them that its solved?

14. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Looking at it like that:
    facebook.com/48119224995

=

15. _Depression

That's the thing - we don't really know what happens when we solve the puzzle. We have to believe we'll get some kind of answer or reward, but so far all we've heard is that we're "close".

16. thegame87

Interesting.
    I wonder if the we get all the numbers that Correlate to the Word and then just put in them in the Terminal we Might Get something. I think once the puzzle is complete all we will have is what looks like a Single Cover.
    I think if we work out the Numbers we will then get the Snippet!

17. HazardousLP

HazardousLP B**** Please.

Thanks _Depression that helps me understand it a lot better :D

18. DeMz

DeMz New Member

There's zero at the end, so there will be only one letter after "N" I guess.

19. DJSchirms

DJSchirms Member

and the terminal (at least with the SUDO SOLVE()) just checks if the password is the same like a random string which is created on the site. this string is number from var sudo = "19376955816053" cause u got this hint in the /javascripts/init.js?v=2 in line 177 //var sudo = chars();

and chars() creates this random string. so there is at least on the source code just this random number. And because the other "stl22-numbers" are static, i dont think we will get any kind of password there because the random string for the terminal gets generated new every time you visit the page.

--> so at least it doesnt seems to be more with that terminal...

20. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

That kind of quality would never be called FAKE.. Its very awesome for a fake fanmade teaser video. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.