BURN IT DOWN Puzzle - Ongoing Progress (Full Puzzle Complete)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Anyone can put a logo from any company on their website and say that they have some sort of affiliation with them. :rolleyes:

2. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Anyone read my theory?

3. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

People have gone through the source of the page and such and haven't found anything conclusive other than these numbers which have lead us to "living things"

There may potentially be other things.

4. _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

My current theory is that you unlock more "snippets" based on the number of segments you solved. That's why LP was so adamant about people saving their progress. In this way it rewards the more dedicated fans who are around for every puzzle. I mean, the BID puzzle was originally SUPPOSED to be about hearing pieces of the new single first.

The codes confirmed as a secondary puzzle only after the first few segments were out.

5. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

That would have been cool if this started a little earlier and we already had some snippets. As it is, EVERYONE, is going to hear the entire song in a few days time. What is the point anymore?

6. Zak

How strong is this assumption of yours? Is this guess work or is there something leading you on?
    I'm trying hard to gather all possible clues without having to trawl over 300 pages worth of posts.

7. michalangelo

michalangelo Well-Known Member

Dedicated fans who have to get up for work at 6am, sitting in front of the pc at 3-4am. And yeah, "the BID puzzle was originally SUPPOSED to be about hearing pieces of the new single first" -> sit back, solve the puzzle while time goes by...oops it's 16th already! I will hear the single first! #LPFAILWORLD

8. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

I access the site everyday for years and I already saw them wrong and right about something before, but the "Living Things = album title" is ridiculous!!!
    They might be right about the date (I personally believe in that), but i don't think that the album isn't even finished yet.

Anyway, I'm done with LPBR discussions, back to the puzzle.

9. Alex21

Alex21 alexlinkinpark

That's a great theory! That makes sense. Well thought.Even if the snippets are out a few days before, it's still hearing it "first".

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  10. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

there are three of these "<!--0-0000 0000-->", i bet this mean as spacing...
    so next guess could be like this: xxx_xxxxxxx_xx_x
    and its an anagram. maybe :p

11. _Depression

Just want to make the point that this isn't confirmed at all, just over time there has been a lack of snippets. What brought me to my current theory was Mike Shinoda's original tweet, "Solve puzzles, hear pieces of our new single first." There's a correlation between solving the puzzles and getting snippets, which makes me believe you get more reward for more segments solved. Obviously I can't know for sure, but that's what I've got.

@zak, I have a summary post about 50 or 60 pages back, here: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35789&page=254&p=1126469&viewfull=1#post1126469

12. jmonkey2105

jmonkey2105 Member

Can somebody please look at this? I'm not saying it's right but perhaps one of you can make something of this or add something, or prove it wrong all together, I don't care.

13. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

Totally legit. Linkinpark.com - Via burnitdown.linkinpark.com

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  14. Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

I just did some random operations and found something that is almost definitely nothing. But I'll post it since its still better than half the stuff here.

We determined that 1. <!--53282-3265--> = 50017 and etc. Now instead of saying 17-5 I did 17 + 1 because it is the first line. This gives you R.
    2. <!--41602-1589--> = 40013. 13+2 = 15. O
    3. <!--31157-1132--> = 30025 25+3 = 28. Looping around you get to B.

From here you have a line of 0's possibly indicating a space. So the first word is Rob.
    After this my theory seems to give terrible letters making this almost definitely wrong. But this did bring to my attention that the line number may also be relevant. From here I am going to try some operations with the line number, the number after you subtract and the left over number at the beginning.

15. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

Dave in online on twitter.

16. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

Think we're pretty much just hanging out until the final piece drops (#14 or 16 in about 2 hours), or livingthings.linkinpark.com pops. Unless there are new official developments.

17. _Depression

The possibility of an anagram is something I want to seriously consider, but there's still a lot of questions. With 3 letters yet to be revealed, all signs point toward "LIVING THINGS" being spelled out. If these are indeed the letters we're given, this is the list of anagrams we're left with: http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=Living+Things&t=1000&a=n

If we get a screwball letter like an A or an E we'll be able to do a lot more, but we can't say much right now.

18. Pandayna

Pandayna Who can get me backstage passes?

Finally found my old post...

19. michalangelo

michalangelo Well-Known Member

The next piece drops in 4 hours 15 mins...

20. Zak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.