30 Second Preview of BURN IT DOWN Released By Sonic 102.9

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I get the feeling that Mike's rap verse is going to be quick and insignificant in this song, kind of like his verse on blackbirds. I'm afraid it's going to be a simple 8 bar verse that serves as a bridge into the heavier final chorus.

2. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Pretty much as heared in the LQ leak, yes... but I still hope there is more in the album of his rap-talent.

3. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Even if the track list is fake, it's the most appealing one "leaked" by far. 12 full tracks? Check. A 7 minute AND an 11 minute song in the same album? I think I'd shit myself.

4. Jason

Me too, and I hope to be proven wrong. I am really hoping for multiple rap verses from him on BID. I know they mentioned "call and response" in one article, so I have hope for something more than a simple "8 bar bridge verse". But I also wouldn't be surprised if that is the extent of Mike's rapping on BID. That's all I'm saying.

5. starchild

starchild Well-Known Member

Hmm that's weird. It'll be released in Germany at 3 pm. I live in Singapore and Singapore's time coincides with Perth. If I'm not mistaken, the time difference between Germany and Singapore is 6 hours so we should at least get to hear the song on 16th itself.

EDIT: Just realized you stay in Melbourne so it'll be 11 PM for you, which is almost 17th April.Oops.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  6. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

It's not real. Even that tracklist was edited from this other one, posted minutes before:

| title1 = Hybrid Theory
    | length1 = 1:35
    | title2 = Burn It Down
    | length2 = 3:46
    | title3 = Hold The Line
    | length3 = 4:01
    | title4 = Destroy.Rebuild
    | length4 = 5:24
    | title5 = Castle of Glass
    | length5 = 7:36
    | title6 = In My Remains
    | length6 = 3:31
    | title7 = Throw It Up
    | length7 = 4:45
    | title8 = Wasted
    | length8 = 1:56
    | title9 = Lost in the Echo
    | length9 = 4:22
    | title10 = Now Or Never
    | length10 = 5:01
    | title11 = Ruin
    | length11 = 4:30
    | title12 = No More, No Less
    | length12 = 3:47
    | title13 = I'll Be Gone
    | length13 = 5:50
    | title14 = Etched In Stone
    | length14 = 11:24

7. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

i didn't think the verse in Blackbirds was insignificant. I thought it was the best part of the song

8. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

Chester allready said that they are going to run into the studio right after touring.

9. Jason

Maybe insignificant was the wrong word to use... I just meant it wasn't a huge part of the song. It came and went in like 20 seconds. But I agree, I loved the verse.

Edit: It just left me wanting more. lol

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  10. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Not sure if mentioned before but the German music magazine "Visions" confirmed "Living Things" as the title and June as the release date of the album.

http://www.visions.de/news/16117/Newsflash

"Einen ungewöhnliche Mitwirkenden haben Linkin Park für ihr nächstes Album "Living Things" gewählt. Denn Owen Pallett, auch bekannt unter seinem alten Pseudonym Final Fantasy, nahm für "I'll Be Gone" seine Violine in die Hand. Das fünfte Studioalbum der amerikanischen Rockband wird im Juni erscheinen."

=

"Linkin Park have chosen an unusual contributor for their upcoming album "Living Things". Owen Pallett, formerly also known as Final Fantasy, picked up his violine for the track "I'll Be Gone". The American rock band's fifth studio album is to be released in June."

Some guy posted this before, guess Living Things is Legit?

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm just going to make this clear. Irregardless of what happens on Monday, and WHATEVER album name gets announced, we will be coming down hard on any taunting from LPBR or supporters of their site, shall their information happen to be accurate. Over the past few weeks (since the announcement of Burn It Down), there has been numerous occasions where members or representatives of that site and came on here to antagonize/gloat about their "sources" and we're not going to have any more of it. Whether or not LPBR has inside sources, or had certain information before anyone else: we simply do not care. I am not going to point out the numerous times they've posted fake info over the years, and instead I'll say this: gloat on your own website. The next time anyone comes here with a chip on their shoulders and taunts our site, warnings are being issued. We don't care, and we won't deal with it here. Just saying.

12. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Derek was all like...

View attachment 4243

13. Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Oh man, I'm playing that snippet of Amazon over and over again. I mean, TWO!!!! more seconds, and what a difference! :D

I think it's gonna be a chart topper... No, actually I don't think that, I'm 100% sure of it!

And people, whatever the album title is, just enjoy the music!

14. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

So the song is 3:51 long finally. Can anyone remember me how long the potato rip was?

I'd like to figure out how many seconds were missing :)

15. izboos

izboos Member

Subtle, but definitely makes you feel good about yourself :)

Can't wait to hear the harder verses.

16. Danny LP

Danny LP Member

about 20 seconds shorter

17. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Aaah great! Most of it must be in the bridge since there was a cut bewteen second chorus and bridge. I'm really curious to hear that part of the song now

18. Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

So. F**kin. Awesome! :) Can't wait until Monday!

19. FoxxPS

FoxxPS Human centipede, budget cut.

Imo "Living Things" is a good title, it's not like they said stuff. It shows how they have incorporated everything into this new album and that they're not dying out by going back to their roots, they're expanding and living free

20. DRGL

DRGL Member

Wow i think Burn It Down sounds really good so far, it actually mixes a lot of aspects of previews linkin park albums and i LOVE that!:rolleyes:
    Since i could'nt wait til monday i mashed up what we got so far :p im leaving it out there if anyone is as inpatient as me :WTF: http://snd.sc/IAqSRb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.