Mike Shinoda Confirms "LIVING THINGS" as Album Title + Talks Linkin Park Progress

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Great to know your opinions people, but lets get back on topic now. Thank you.

2. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

How did I miss this before? THIS. SO MUCH.

3. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

name rating

Hybrid Theory= 9/10
    Meteora= 7/10
    Minutes to Midnight= 10/10
    A Thousand Suns= 9/10
    Living Things= 1/10

gonna try to not listen to the song snippets before release but if the leak is CD quality i might be tempted to listen :/ i can't know what i'll do till the temptation is there in front of me

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  4. the cool kid

the cool kid Well-Known Member

you know, we really dont know what the REAL meaning of why they picked living things, i said a while ago during the puzzles that living things would be odd to pick, but im waiting to hear at least what drove them to pick this name, and has anybody considered the fact that STILL might not just be living things, cause when i looked at joe hahn's latest tweet it kinda of got me thinking...

5. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

I've been away for the weekend (seeing Staind/Chevelle in Orlando, FL)... so sorry if I missed this: Whats the earliest known radio premiere tomorrow? I want to make sure I dont miss it.

6. SKaRR*oKi

you make a lot of sense. Maybe, just maybe, you're right. we'll find out in the next 20 or so hours i guess.. :)

1pm GMT, i dont know what that means for you, but if you go off new york time its 6am :)

7. brianlp01

brianlp01 Well-Known Member

At the end of te day, nobody is gonna care about the album title one the album is released. Once we hear the music we'll accept it for what it is. Can't believe all the bitching about the album name lol. Sorry if this has been asked but if the song going to be released at midnight like songs typically are on iTunes?

8. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

9am eastern. 12 and a half hours from now.

9. SKaRR*oKi

according to a german source the song is out 3pm their time, which means 6am new york time, 1pm GMT. same time it premières on the radio

10. sky0fdust

sky0fdust Well-Known Member

If the song is out in Germany 3pm Monday, then it would be out 9am Monday in NY

11. RatedRsuperstar0303

RatedRsuperstar0303 Well-Known Member

Is it hitting iTunes at midnight? I certainly hope so.

12. Calvin

Calvin The rhythm projects 'round the next sound... LPA VIP

Bit late here but Living Things can stand for us as human being having the potential to make mistakes and all run a set course; now I don't necessarily mean its fate, but maybe the simplicity in the title as opposed to ATS, MTM, Meteora & HT is to symbolise their journey as artists and how the industry seemed so complicated at first but as they've gradually progressed they have begun to understand they can still express themselves or something along those lines as well as the clarity gained from them maturing as individuals... Castle Of Glass is a bad ass title and may be a metaphor for the fragility of the foundations in our lives and how one event can shatter the transparent lives we lead and collapse instantly without us having any opportunity to prevent it or repair the gaps... In My Remains does sound like a DBS song in my opinion but it reminds me of something like No More Sorrow mixed in with a bit of Blackbirds (And I love Mike's rap in Black Birds, which is similar to his rap in BID, and the guitar in No More Sorrow) and may represent how though your soul may have left your body and you may not be around, you're leaving behind a legacy with every choice you make and the title serves as a kind of sequel to Burn It Down which together might hint at the idea that although we burn down the hardship and oppression in our lives and may sacrifice aspects of ourselves/lives that we held dear, there is still the potential for their rebirth... This is all merely speculation :)

13. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

What station?

14. SKaRR*oKi

EDIT: my bad i thought california time and new york time were the same :S

15. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

16. sky0fdust

sky0fdust Well-Known Member

No biggies =]

17. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

A Thousand Suns was my favorite LP album title because it fit the theme of the album so perfectly. I don't mind the Living Things title and I'm interested in learning the reason why they picked it. What's important is the content of the album and not the title. I kind of liked that Metalepsis title that was rumored a couple of weeks ago. Either way, their titles reflect the songs or the theme of the album. Hybrid Theory was just that, it was a hybrid of so many genres. Meteora was obviously a more polished (not in a good way necessarily even though I loved Breaking the Habit and From the Inside) and concerted effort to improve upon the original sound of LP. Minutes to Midnight was my least favorite album title and album by LP. Other than Bleed It Out pretty much every song on that album had already been done by some other band. But the theme and title once again went hand in hand. ATS was obviously to me an even darker version of MTM, but it was done in a spectacular manner. ATS really showed me the creative ability of the band not only with the songs but how they have become masters of making a cohesive album. Living Things more than likely has some strong parallels with the theme or mood of the album and even though it kind of sounds weird, I think once we learn more about this album we'll see that it has a deeper meaning.

18. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I just hope there isn't many interludes like there was in ATS.

Waiting for something like 13 tracks.

19. the cool kid

the cool kid Well-Known Member

wow, thats deep :cool:

20. Calvin

Calvin The rhythm projects 'round the next sound... LPA VIP

THIS.
    Every single title has a deeper meaning they wouldn't have just gotten bored and thought "OH HAI, WE'RE ALL LIVING THINGS LETS JUST THROW THAT IN THERE AND CALL IT A DOUBLE LINKIBO SANDWICH"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.