"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ant

Ant Ambient

What you just said has almost nothing to do with what I quoted. I said no one is trying to change anyone's opinion in either direction, so don't get upset. The whole "well if you were a REAL fan" argument is silly in any conversation about anything in the history of ever.

2. lpfan89

lpfan89 You will pay for what you've done

This song feels exactly like Waiting for the End to me. Which I love. That is my favorite track off A Thousand Suns! I just still can't get over the album artwork. Fucking amazing!

3. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Linkin Park should be renamed to "The Mike & Chester Experience featuring 4 Other Guys Who Do Stuff". Lol. ;)

Seriously though, I'm excited about this album and even though I'm not really into BID yet, it doesn't mean it's a bad song. I just liked their previous lead single The Catalyst more even though I seriously disliked it in the beginning. I still think that's one of the best songs they've written and certainly a very unique song in modern rock/pop music. The cover art for Living Things is the best though! Wow! I'm starting to get a picture of the title for the album in my head now...

4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

If you were a REAL fan you'd have the completely opposite stance concerning changing the opinions of others.

5. Luddz

Luddz From Sweden

this was worth waking up early for . Full of power without relying on powerchords from guitars. And the lyrics really hit a spot. Brilliant work LP!!

6. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

Try the ketchup, mother fucker.

7. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

As far as first album singles go, this is what I think: One Step Closer>Burn It Down>Somewhere I Belong>What I've Done>The Catalyst

Also my friend predicts only 11 songs (idk why) and says BID sounds like it could fit on MTM 100% (and I agree)

8. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

I'm so happy this forum exist. People on Youtube are annoying beyond belief.

9. Minus

Challenge accepted...?

10. LP72290

LP72290 Active Member

This will be on my ipod before i go to school today and it will be on constant replay! linkin park truly is the best! :D

11. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Let's see how much heat you can stir up on Youtube.

12. Bradley

Bradley Butt makes me weep, I call it a “boo-hooty".

Song is really catchy, but it's not that special. Best way I can put it is that its an "everyday" track you might hear on a popular pop station. I'm not saying its bad I'm actually jamming out to this, its really good, but back when I first heard The Catalyst I was blown away and I was kind of expecting the same thing with Burn It Down (not sounding similar but the "impact"; something totally different).

Regardless this is something I never heard before from Linkin Park, and its great! Chorus is catchy and Mike's verse is plain amazing. Sure its not genre bursting but its a good song!

13. Minus

They DID say they're not exactly going for groundbreaking on this record, but rather an amalgamation of all they've done before.

14. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

You're taking the "REAL fan" out of context. What I mean is if you're just a casual listener and don't really follow the band closely then chances are you won't like this or much of anything they put out. That said, this is a more positive response than there was for The Catalyst or even What I've Done.

The thing that grinds me are when people say "it's too simple" or this or that. I just don't understand what people expect, probably too much.

15. Vida

Vida Member

I completely agree with this.

16. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

you guys may claim youre real fans

but youre not true fans.

17. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Isn't it easier to say enjoy it or go find what you enjoy instead of bringing up the whole "real fan" bs again...

18. ChazzyChazRoxs

ChazzyChazRoxs Member

If I'm honest, I'm very half and half on the song. I love Chester's vocals, they sound pretty good and I'm not just saying that due to I like the man. Mike's rapping I feel doesn't really work in the song? I don't know, it sounds a bit out of place to me? Anyway, I think I will just wait for the rest of the album. The song might grow on me after a while , however at the moment I'm honestly not feeling it. I apologise if I upset anyone, I don't mean too. :)

19. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

There are probably a bunch of people that agree with you. I don't like Mike's part in this as well.

20. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

While I like the song I agree with Mike's part. It's real nice but right now just doesn't fit? I'm not sure, maybe because it's new but if I had to pick a negative part of the song it would be Mike's part. The verses are phenomenal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.