"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't follow their album release cycles as religiously as I used to (I stopped caring as much when Minutes to Midnight wasn't what I thought it was going to be; I still love the album, though) so I can't speak with verifiable truth, but they seem to talk their albums up, making them seem like they're going to be groundbreaking and like they're going to sound completely different from anything that's ever been done before... and then they're not like that at all.

2. regulusplusone

regulusplusone Well-Known Member

I have this hilarious image in my head of them playing this live and the entire crowd, "Fanning" with their arms as Mike sings, "When you fall, I'll take my turn, and fan the flames as your blazes burn." :awesome:

3. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

That's true but I'd say it helps build hype for their album so that it's more marketable.

4. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I agree with this whole heartedly. I just don't listen to what they say anymore and wait for the music. Like how they said the artwork was amazing, and while it's great for them, I've seen better.

I might of sort of quoted you, but I wasn't trying to call you out, though.

5. Bradley

Bradley Butt makes me weep, I call it a “boo-hooty".

Yeah I've heard. I like to keep a clean mind on LP's new stuff so I didn't want to know what I was expecting. I know they weren't aiming this be something new and I can actually feel some kind of give of "old meets new" vibe going on and I like it. I can't wait to hear what the other songs will sound like!

6. Will

It's OK. I've heard a lot of that argument over the years, ever since Linkin Park stopped being my favorite band and I moved on with my musical tastes. I still listen to them quite a bit, though, so it's not like I'm out of the loop or anything.

I do the same thing as you, though. I just wait until I hear the music to judge it. And I listen to the whole album a few times before I declare it garbage form an opinion (no idea why I said that initially). I probably jumped the gun calling out "Burn It Down" but I'll listen to it some more and make a true opinion afterward.

7. Ant

Ant Ambient

I quoted the entire post. I kept my response in context.

Chances are if someone's on these forums, they follow the band relatively closely. Even if they don't, why should it matter? A fan is a fan. I don't see how closely you follow the band impacting whether or not you "like this or much of anything they put out." That's just silly logic, since it implies that we're not capable of formulating opinions, and it also implies that how closely you follow news of the band should impact whether or not you like something they release. That doesn't even make sense. You're going to like a song if it is appealing to your ears, not the previous news about said song.

I expected more complex lyrics, for one. I was hoping for a continued evolution of the band's lyrics, which in my opinion have gotten better over time. The lyrics aren't bad, they're just so bland to me.

TL;DNR: Everyone's got an opinion. Why does it matter what other people think to you?

8. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

The song is sooo perfect IMO. The chorus is simplistic like a HT or METEORA song which I've never had a problem with because those kinds of lyrics they are open to so many interpritations. The lyrics in the verse and Mikes rap are so well thought out this song really showcases all those "tools" Mike referred to earlier on his blog and you can bet that when this is played live the guitar will be very loud even if it is layered and sort of hidden at points in this song. BRAVO LP BRAVO!!

9. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  10. Mario007

Mario007 Well-Known Member

With this album, though, they've done the exact opposite. They've said it's gonna be everything mixed together and that is exactly what we got.

Btw the song is a very nice progression of the new LP that started with WID. The song seems very similar to WID and ND (and that's a good thing, since those were their most successful songs), mixed with the ATS electronica and drums and distorted guitars in the chorus from the old LP days. Mike's verse is great, with Mike going back to his old rapping voice (I'm not too hot on the Mike repeating his lines at the end, they seem a bit off beat though). The verses in general have great lyrics too, maybe the chorus could have used some work in that department.

I agree it's not as creative as the Catalyst. Hopefully they'll be a song like that on the album (there should be, since even M2M they had LTGYA which was very artistic and creative), however a single is not supposed to be like that. Also I'm happy LP and WB realised that they don't have to a downbeat and down tempo song for a hit single, instead an up-tempo one can do just as well, if not better.

11. Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

They better use pyrotechnics on stage for this XD
    Probably won't but it would be cool during the chorus imo.

12. LinkinMark

LinkinMark Hater.

She should have told you yes and held you high
    and you should have believed her when she told that lie.

I'm sorry for that.

13. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

First impression: It sounds like a more electronic/dance-oriented, somewhat more lyrically interesting Meteora song. I can definitely see the "mix of old and new" label applying to this song, particularly with the way Mike repeats one of his rap lines as a "call and response" type of thing with Chester in the last chorus.

14. Will

In all actuality I had no idea they said the new album was going to be an amalgamation of old and new. I must have missed that discussion. :lol:

15. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Enough of this "I'm a bigger fan than you are!" bullshit. That's the stuff of YouTube comments, and we're better than that.

You're not a bigger fan if you love the song. You're not a bigger fan if you think the song is beneath Linkin Park's capabilities.

We're all fans here, and that sort of elitist "I'm better than you" crap is what divides this fanbase and causes tension. So enough of that.

16. namtox

namtox Member

Have they said if the music video was coming out anytime soon?

17. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

I love the song except for 2 things:

1. Chorus repeated too much for my liking.
    2. The ending rap with overlaying vocals (much like in Numb or Crawling) does not really fit with the flow :/

Just me but overall, the song is fucking fantastic.

18. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Amen to this. ^

19. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

I don't like it as much as I thought I would, but it's a solid song, and it'll more than likely grow on me.

20. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Not yet. That radio interview with Chester from last week seemed to indicate that the video is still in post-production. I'd imagine it'll be out by the end of the month though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.