Official "LIVING THINGS" Artwork Revealed | More Information On Pre-Orders Available

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Looks good to me. I like the font of the headlines.
    Waiting eagerly for the tracklist.

2. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Cover looks bad-ass and graceful at the same time, easily my favorite one yet. I'm a bit curious as to why Chester is so prominent in this albums art thus far.

3. Denny

Denny @Jackethx

(www.straightedgedpunk.tumblr.com Taken Straight from my Tumblr)

Today is the day. Monday 16th April 2012. Linkin Park day.

As you all probably know, I’ve been a huge Linkin Park fan for years, and I participate in the forums on the Linkin Park Association, never missing a beat when it comes to Linkin Park news.

So, knowing that today we would be treated with not only a brand new single but the artwork for Living Things, the new album, and tour dates and track listing made me a very excitable person.

I woke up this morning and checked the LPA website to be greeted with the new album art (more about that later) and a lyrics video for Burn It Down.

The first thing that wowed me about Burn It Down was how superb Chester’s voice was. The melancholy lyrics were complemented with a sombre and delicate harmonic vocal assault from Chester. I dare say it was beautiful.

Whilst the verses have depth in their lyrics;

And you were there at the turn,

Waiting to let me know

Which is similar to the lyrical style of A Thousand Suns the chorus is very simple and reminds me and countless other LPA members of Hybrid Theory / Meteora lyrics.

And of course, we have Mike’s rap. Whilst some may argue that his rap breaks the pace of the song slightly, I think it is awesome. End of.

However amazing the vocals and lyrics may be, I can;t help but thinking I;ve heard the music before - but not by Linkin Park.

Unfortunately, and others may agree or disagree with me, the music sounds rather ‘top fourty pop’, like it could fit on anyones album and not be out of place. However, you could argue this about Leave Out All The Rest, The Messenger, Iridescent and countless other songs that have a ‘pop’ sound, but have a traditional Linkin Park stamp put on them by Mike and Chester.

In conclusion, Burn It Down is a really slick up-beat song that is really catchy, and a safe single, but it isn’t anything I’ve heard before. Is that a bad thing? Of course not! But I want to see Linkin Park push the boat out with the other songs on their new record.

Now, on to Living Things.

I personally love the name of this album. It suggests that this new music is alive, or some may even argue that Linkin Park themselves are a ‘living thing’ - constantly evolving; changing; adapting.

And the album art is simply sublime.

Who exactly is that charred figure emerging from the white ‘skin’? I guess it is open to your interpretation, but I feel that this symbolizes that Linkin Park have broken from a ‘mold’ and are comfortable in their own skin.

All I can say is - count me very excited for the 26th of July!

- Jack

4. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Ehm... yes. 26th of June :)
    I agree with you. I hope the rest of the album won't follow a trend, as Mike stated.

5. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

FUCK. KING. AWESOME.

6. Denny

Denny @Jackethx

Oh shit, wrong date aha! *edits*

7. Daniel Michael

Daniel Michael New Member

Awesome song!!! Album getting released on my birthday?!?! AWWWESOME!!! One of the best presents ever! LP FOREVER!!

8. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Loving the artwork, it's BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait to listen to the album, I'm so excited!

9. thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

Finally got home to listen to it on better speakers. Ahhhh Pure Bliss.

Really excited for this album. The last one made me nervous (turned out to be on of my favourite records of all time) This has no apprehension at all - it will be balls to the wall of pure excitement!

10. Infinity

Infinity *

Dunno if anyone has asked it before but when is the tracklist coming?? :sweating:

11. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Probably with the Pre-Order of the CD, i.e. late evening in central Europe.

12. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

album artwork does look awesome and probably has a meaning like the title, BUT, there are a lot of people saying "reminds me of this" and i can think of 2 other album artworks apart from the ones mentioned that it is very similar too.

Everything i've seen so far today seems to be Linkin Park taking something very generic and moving it on further to be more. i can't work out whether i like it or not at the moment...

13. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Best LP album cover so far. It looks amazing!

14. LizziCloverman

LizziCloverman The one that ruins any sausageparty

MORE BASS PLEASE! The song is so good!!

15. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

When/Where will the tracklist come?

16. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

We don't know yet. We will post it as news when we find out.

17. Infinity

Infinity *

Thanks!
    That will be in the morning for me then, hope it will atleast have 12 FULL songs

18. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Well, looks like I have a new favorite Linkin Park album cover. HOLY SHIT, I love it!

19. Merennis

Merennis my bones are buried in the backyard

i need this artwork on my wall! a ginormous poster. like..right now. so awesome! i can't think of anything about it that i don't like.

20. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

Mike must have lol'd hard at the fact that he tweeted about Living Things and no one took him (and the name) seriously :rastamike:
    I didn't like the name but it has the coolest album cover so far, and Burn it Down is super awesome, so I'm happy :lol: