"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Now I can see what they mean by the album sounding organic. Love it, I'm already raring to declare this album of the year just based on that song.

2. Merennis

Merennis my bones are buried in the backyard

okay. this was the single greatest thing to wake up to. especially on a monday.. i'm absolutely loving the song. chester's voice is amazing as always and mike's part fits perfectly for me. and the lyric video is just cooool.

3. thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned it a page or 2 ago - Clean Vocals.
    I love every album before this but I hope that this keeps most of the vocals clean.
    I'm convinced as my own personal opinion that Chester is one the best Vocalist of our time. And Mike, Well I thin practice has made perfection. I love that he is singing Harmonies more, his Rapping is so clean. He has such an underrated voices but I guess thats a given when the Lead Singer of your Band is Chester.

I really love this song. He Melodies, The music, The Lyrics. Again the have that double-whammy of a song.
    On Face Value its a good Catchy Tune.
    Need Depth - Listen to the Music Closely and Listen to the Lyrics - its all there.

A Perfect Combination of Perfect and a bit More Perfect!

4. Ice Cream Sandwich

Ice Cream Sandwich Member

Incredible. I think this has just the same tremendous effect that the Catalyst had!

5. Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

If you haven't yet, pull up the song on your iPhone (or whatever), plug some headphones in, play the song, and take a stroll through the nearest city. Tell me if you don't find yourself walking to the beat and LOVING the song.

It gets better with every listen.

6. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Back in the day this song would've been labeled a demo and left off the album.

Really hope the rest of the album has some nice surprises for us :)

7. Cunningham

Cunningham Member

1st - IMMENSE SONG!!!!
    2nd - Did anyone else thick you're about to get Ric'Rolled at 2m51s in?? Sounds just like the beginning of that damn song to me haha

8. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Hahaha, epic xD

9. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

It's a great song, but to me it feels almost a little rushed...

That said, apart from The Catalyst, I find the first single off a new LP album is usually the weakest one. If this is the weakest we're going to get then it's going to be a pretty outstanding album.

10. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

Nevermind about what I said about this song. Just listened to it with headphones and OH MY GOOD LORD. MY BALLSACKS. THEY CANT HANDLE THE EPICNESS.
    This song grows on you, but seriously for anyone that hasn't listened to this with headphones yet. DO IT. It will blow your mind :WTF:

11. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I feel the same way about it being rushed.

TBH it almost seemed like they were trying to get the album out there asap vs. taking their time and going over every little thing like their used too.

12. chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Yay! :D BID sounds pretty good. Sure a bit mainstream, but it's just the lead single.
    On a sidenote I'm starting to dig the album name "Living Things" more and more.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  13. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

I loved the song but then I started feeling kinda meh about it...but I heard it now with headphones and the difference is just stunning. It's so much better with headphones, you all should try it out.

About the music itself, it's a good song, Chester's voice is fantastic as always and Mike's rape is perfect, I just feel something is missing, probably I was waiting some heavier guitars atleast in the end of the song after the bridge, but since it didn't happen I was a little dissapointed. But it will pass and the song will grow on me again I guess.

edit: still waiting for all the admins opinions, I always like to read your well fundamented words.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  14. Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I still feel this song is about the journey their career has been. There are lines that correspond with certain songs such as "colours conflicted as flames burned into the clouds". Meaning the black and white album arts of minutes and ats and the flames burning into clouds refers to burning in the skies. Or even refers to 9 11. So many thoughts I can't type quick enough to get out on my phone lol I'll try in morning after work

15. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

What can I say, its grown on me, Lp always does lol

16. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

Okay wait, this is not normal. I'm taken over. I swear to God.

BEWARE: HIGHLY ADDICTIVE

First I was like; what the fuck, ok song.. not that special. Now I'm freaking blown out of my mind. I just have to say it again and again, this is amazing!! Right now, I'm in the wave of high energy of the song. This is the good life! :) Wow xD

17. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I can agree with a lot of the pros and cons over this song.

But, I really LOVE this song. I can't explain what it is but I can't stop playing it. I think what I love most about it is that it makes me feel like its a build up for something fucking epic on the upcoming album. Can't wait until June! :awesome:

18. Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

Doesn't the intro chords sound like Issho ni? :eek:
    And the chorus chords like Blackout?

19. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*whispers* Haven't heard it yet. *dives under bed*

20. peterilo

peterilo will we burn inside the fires of A THOUSAND SUNS?

great melody-lyrics, the pre-chorus (And you were there at the turn..) after mike's rap should've been longer IMO...in overall GREAT SONG!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.