"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Yeah, I think I agree. I'm just not feeling it right now.

2. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Haha :lol:
    I actually think it's a very relaxed song, the verses expecially.

3. finality

finality Well-Known Member

I think this might be the LEAST organic song I've heard from them. It's all synths.

That said, it's extremely catchy. Even my wife that doesn't like LP that much liked it.

4. Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90 Active Member

Someone mentioned earlier that the song feels like something is missing. It's not guitar or anything, it's that Mike's rap verse takes place of what usually would either be an instrumental breakdown, followed by a new chorus. Then back to the main chorus. While I like the lyrics in Mike's rap, I don't like that it's a rap.

5. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

6. giorgoslp

giorgoslp Banned

This song is definitely better with headphones.. Huge difference.. Apart from that I just find it an easy-to-listen electro-pop song.. I didn't like ATS at all but with this song I can see that they've gotten used to their new direction and it actually sounds a lot better than most of the ATS songs.. As a lead single it's a pretty good choice I think.. Now we have to wait for the other songs.. The album cover is outstanding though!

7. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Something I noticed as well; it has no simple song structure.

SO glad their sticking to a non top 40 format.

8. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

That was fantastic!! I found myself instinctively nodding my head to the beat and the melody was so catchy I was singing along to lyrics I didn't even know!! I was expecting a bigger explosion at the end ala The Catalyst, but as far as I'm concerned this song is going to do it's job as promotion for the new album. EVERYONE is going to want to know this song.

9. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Also while it is a great song, I don't understand the comments about the one song being better than anything off ATS.

IMO that album will be very hard for them to beat.

10. HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

Haha I was gonna say that the person on the Living Things cover was the same person (the soldier) from the Hybrid Theory Cover.

11. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Not sure if sarcasm...

This I agree.

12. giorgoslp

giorgoslp Banned

Well, this song has caught the attention from the guys that did not like ATS (including me) by sticking to their new style and that's a big accomplishment for LP..

13. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I'll give it a few more listens, but IMO it doesn't.

I know the bg beat does change, but there's no defining changes that make it appear to be structured in such a way.

14. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Ya know it ft took me a bit to let go of the fact that it does sound rather mainstream, but I don't listen to mainstream pop/electronica anyways so the sound is still rather new to me. And honestly who gives a shit.I like what I like and this sounds good

15. Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90 Active Member

Has anyone noticed during the rotating Chester picture lyric video. The designs on chester closely resemble what our continents look like from space. They're covered in flames, wonder if this has anything to do with the whole message of the album?

That said, Burn it down is a great example of how LP sticks with its formula while creating all new content at the same time. I can't say i've heard this kind of song from them before, though it still feels like LP.

16. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

The following is my own opinion, so don't get all riled up:

After the initial listen it sounds like a generic electro-pop song. The melody doesn't strike me... the chorus sounds very clunky and Mike's rapping bit seems forced and out of place. Production-wise it sounds formulaic/repetitive a la Meteora. Plus the lyrics are really simple.... seriously, I thought LP were done writing these type of lyrics back in 2003.

Overall it really left a bad taste in my mouth (or ears). Expected something more ambitious from LP.

17. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Edit:
    Yes!

---

Any song or interlude off of ATS > Burn it Down.

Just saying.

18. giorgoslp

giorgoslp Banned

WHAT? HOW YOU DARE TO SAY THAT? I don't care if it's your own opinion but this is LP and this song is the best song evaaaa! You are not a true fan!

Nah, just kidding.. Although I don't fully agree with you, you wrote down most of my thoughts on the song!

19. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I'd also like to add that The Catalyst to me is a million times better in every sense. I wish they'd kept walking down that road instead of making another radio-ready tune. Blah.

20. mainap

mainap Well-Known Member

u sure, I guess the conformation is the same like Blackbird and the sound like Blackout

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.