Thoughts on Burn It Down?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Promofrog, Apr 16, 2012.

?

What do you think?

1. I love it! I've replayed it a few times!

74 vote(s)
    47.7%
  2. I like it.

34 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Not bad.

16 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. Meh. Not as good as What I've Done/The Catalyst.

17 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. I hate it!

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. 10

19 vote(s)
    12.3%
  7. 9

9 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. 8

24 vote(s)
    15.5%
  9. 7

16 vote(s)
    10.3%
  10. 6

9 vote(s)
    5.8%
  11. 5

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  12. 4

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  13. 3

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  14. 2

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  15. 1

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

:rofl:

2. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

I think this song could've been better if they made it an instrumental.

3. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I wanna kneel
    and to still
    like I'm close to that kill.

4. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

The "I can play..." thing is not really "relevant" for the discussion. Of course ANYONE could have their own opinions based of their tastes or whatever regardless of the musical background or any other thing. You are completely right.

The point is that by using that kind of statement to supposedly "validate" an opinion -as SOME attempted to do-, doesn't make people more "right" than someone who just listens to music with no musical background. It's useless.

People can like the song, people can dislike the song.. That's completely natural. I, particularly like the song, I LOVE the song, and nobody has the right to tell me I'm "WRONG". It's an opinion, and it's irritating to read some people presenting their opinion as FACT as if their background gives them more "validity". It's not a FACT, it's a subjective statement.

The rest, is just trolling.

5. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

well done :trollface:

6. InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

With their last two records Linkin Park gained a lot of credibility and grew as artists. And today they burned it down. Could this be the meaning of the song?

7. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

By God I hope so.

8. LMFAO

9. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

LoL I hope so. Just for the sake of cracking up at the reactions of the annoying 'holier than thou' fans on here who think the song can do no wrong. :awesome:

10. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I'm actually really surprised how brutally negative the general consensus of this song is. I realize everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm definitely a bit shocked.

No, I don't love ever single thing LP puts out. I can list quite a few songs I'm just so-so on. I don't feel that way about this song though.

Oh well. To each their own.

11. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The poll doesn't exactly show a brutally negative general consensus. Kind of the opposite actually.

12. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

You know I hadn't actually even looked at the poll. I pretty much read all the comments in this thread. That poll definitely seems contradictory with the opinions of the people posting in this thread though. haha

13. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Nope, it's quite the opposite.

And, I'm gonna quote Mike here:

Happy people, just don't complain. I did vote when the thread was initially opened, but didn't post until recently.

14. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Welcome to the majority of how Linkin Park fans are. They are never happy with the band progressing. They also build up a pedestal to put Linkin Park on and expect everything, kitchen sink included, out of them.

15. InStereo

But this isn't actually progress. It's like two steps backwards. I loved how they pushed the boundaries on ATS (though it could have been more organic) but this is like: Okay, let's write songs that are poppier than everything we've done in the past and tell them we are comfortable with our past again. It's like a connection between what was bad on ATS and what was bad on Meteora. I hope the album will be nothing like Burn it Down.

You know, I always had hard times trying to prove my friends wrong when they claimed that LP is just another commercial, greedy band, I won't even try to discuss that anymore now that I heard this song.

16. But with this one, we can debate on whether they have progressed or regressed.

Just because they change their sound doesn't nessecarily mean progression.

17. Hybrid

Let's go back to MTM with the band talking to Rick Ruben about how or what a Linkin Park album is supposed to sound like. The same rule applies with this album than it did with MTM and ATS. And besides, judging the entire fucking album on one song is nothing short of God damn lunacy.

18. InStereo

Am I supposed to quote myself here? I said: I hope the album is nothing like BID. This implies that I don't know what the album will sound like. And this implies that I don't judge it because of Burn it Down.

19. TrantaLocked

TrantaLocked Active Member

Wow the song ended up not being so hot for me. Reminded of the structure of What I've done, just with a slightly better chorus and background music. I know LP wants every one to get a taste of the new album but at least to me this song is bland, but I think in the context of the album it will sound pretty good.

Oh and to answer to "They are never happy with the band progressing:" I don't think this song shows much progression over the last two albums. It doesn't really seem to transcend. I originally liked the snippets from the game, but as a whole the song doesn't touch The Catalyst in level of depth.

In a way this may be a method for Linkin Park to use reverse psychology: get the listener to think the album won't be that good by releasing a single that sounds like the brother of What I've Done, and then release a beast ass album.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  20. Hybrid

Haha alright. Didn't see that. Thanks for pointing that out. There are people who are thinking that though...