"LIVING THINGS" Now Available for Preorder from LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

"Early Access To Tickets For The Just-Announced Honda Civic Tour In North America." Living in Australia, I don't think that's much of a point of importance for me, I'm thinking I'll wait it out to see if any deluxe edition shit comes out

2. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

i've never bought directly from the artist, as they dont have to compete against other music selling companies to sell the album cheap. the album will be about £9 by the time its close to release here in the uk i reckon. I don't need early access to tickets for shows i wont be able to go to, and the remixes will be plastered all over youtube within a few minutes of their release.

just wondering if these remixes are going to be released for 8 months, starting NOW?? or july?

3. Ant

Ant Ambient

No. Adding eight remixes and early access to tickets is not worth the additional cost. And that doesn't explain the $18 cost on iTunes.

4. WhiteSoxLPJuan92

WhiteSoxLPJuan92 Active Member

I cannot wait for this album cant wait for the Honda Civic tour stop in Tinley Park its been a year since ive logged in been lurking here but ima renew my underground membership for this like i did for the summit in chicago :D

5. thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

Its odd how these days people complain about $20 CD. 5 Years ago thats all a CD was worth and nothing else. Now they are giving you these bonus remix's (pre-sale entry for tickets in the US - I live in AUS so it doesn't phase me as I have LPU Membership) - An instant Download of their Newest Single PLUS the Digital Download the day the album is released - for $20! Its a Bargain!

I'll also be getting any CD/DVD/Deluxe Combo if that gets announced too.

6. Ant

Ant Ambient

Five years ago CDs didn't cost $20. Actually, nowadays most CDs don't even cost that. No, it's not a bargain. I'm not bagging the band for this, I'm bagging WB. A lot of you are acting as if you think the band set the price to offset their own costs. That's not how major label publishing works.

7. thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

IN australia a new album comes out for between $18.99 to $24.99.
    Again how on earth could you complain about $20 for what they give regardless of who is giving it. I don't care if its Warner, Warners Parents, Warners Janitor, Linkin Park, Their Janitor or some Hobo on the Street. $20 for a Physical CD, the Digital Downloads and Remixs. Thats a Bargain!

What price do you want? Free??????

8. dittochan

dittochan Member

Here in Brazil new albuns come out between $20~$25. And that is the price for regular edition. Special edition come out between $30...

9. saad94

saad94 Well-Known Member

wtf, no tour date in LA area. I'm pissed.

10. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Yeah, going through the same problem. So I'm driving across states to see LP.
    No pain no gain. Now it's my goal to get another M&G. Please oh please.

11. Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered on iTunes, I figure if there is a DVD version somebody will upload it to the internet; I mean even Linkin Park themselves uploaded the last Making of DVD somewhere.. if I recall correctly.
    Too bad there's no date in NY, but NJ and CT has one so I'll consider myself lucky.
    Hope you guys get to see them, they're live performances are great experiences!

12. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

" LIVING THINGS will be released in Australia and New Zealand on 22 June. "

Heelllllsss Yeeahhhh :D

EDIT: Does anyone know if pre-ordering the album from the LP website will mean that I get it on the 22nd as per the Australian release date? Or do I have to wait until the 26th?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  13. DarcyGuitars

DarcyGuitars Member

Well that was a let down, not really much point in me getting it seeing as I live in Australia and don't really care for the remixes.

14. Ant

Ant Ambient

Conversion rates, different pricing standards, etc. Not to come across as a jerk, but your argument is absurd. If the standard price of something your entire life went up about 70-80%, would the argument "GEEZ, what price do you want, free?!" make any sense? No. Just like it's a crappy argument now. No one is saying it should be given away.

15. DarcyGuitars

DarcyGuitars Member

That means i can get it Friday afternoon! And idk about you but us Australians don't really have much use for the preorder we aren't exactly going to buy tickets for a concert on the other side of the world. Pretty much the only extra thing we get is the remixes if you really care about them.

16. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

AUSTRALIANS: There won't be a local preorder on LinkinPark.com (it seems they forgot about us) and so your options are to preorder from the United States, preorder on iTunes or wait for the physical CD to hit stores. Which you probably already knew, LOL.

17. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Probably won't be shipped until the 26th. I preordered off LP.com and I'm in aus too. I reckon $20 for all that is pretty good.

18. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Agreed, not fussed about the tickets aspect but I'm still tentative about getting it now in case they release a Deluxe version or anything like that.

19. Ant

Ant Ambient

I believe the website tells you when it'll be shipped when you order it. Check your receipt.

20. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I paid $22 for The Eminem Show in 2002. I obviously got fucked, but that wasn't exactly uncommon at a lot of the big chain music stores back when those actually existed. /offtopic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.