A Thousand Suns tracklist vs Living Things tracklist

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by HybridBharath, Apr 17, 2012.

?

Which is more interesting/exciting?

1. A Thousand Suns

70.3%
  2. Living Things

29.7%
    HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

Now that the tracklist for Living Things has been released, which tracklist do you think out of A Thousand Suns and Living things has more interesting names/excited about?

Exzero

Exzero Active Member

If I don't know, that A thousand suns has 6 interludes, then it would be more intressting because it has more songtitels. But Living Things is more intressting, it has less interludes than ATS I think and the tracks are more personal. When I read for example "Victomized" then I think on Chester. I get a other feeling when I read the Living things Tracks.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:facepalm:

I don't thinks it's really fair to compare them since they are not the same kind of record. ATS was more or less a concept album where as LT is seemingly more of a conventional album. Also, since we all have heard ATS in full, we are going to be more inclined to chose that option since the majority of people are not willing to vote on an unknown.

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

Some titles of Living Things are just ridiculous, for example Lies Greed Misery. Some of them sound really.. flat (I hope that's the right expression or at least that you get my point.)
    However I agree that it's easier to relate to the titles of Living Things. It's more personal, like Exzero said, so that's a plus. I really liked for example "When they come for me" though, as a title, I think the titles on A thousand suns were more mysterious, at least some of them (The Requiem for example, I'll just count that as a title although there's no real "song" behind.) Both things have positive and negative aspects. Sometimes it's nicer to have titles that leave you clueless, but personal titles can help to relate to the songs in more than just one way.

ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

I'm totally for Living Things because of Castle of Glass.

Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

The song titles are a lot more visual this time around, Castle Of Glass For Instance.
    [​IMG]
    Roads Untravelled
    [​IMG]
    ..and Tinfoil
    [​IMG]

You already start thinking of imagery in order to get an idea of what the songs are about, this is very exciting to me as Linkin Park are pushing in more of a direction in that respect.

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I think A Thousand Suns had a more mysterious feel to it, whereas Living Things is more straight forward.

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

A thousand times A Thousand Suns. A Thousand Suns as gorgeous, epic sweeping titles. Living Things' titles are left over from the nu-metal reject bin.

David Vereker

David Vereker Banned

Thousand Suns has amazing names. Wisdom Justice and Love was the best track name in all LP's albums. But it turned out to be a fucking interlude. This album seems too depressing. Lies, Greed, Misery. Really? They went from Wisdom Justice and Love to that? I thought they were finally going to start making happier songs. But no they're going back to singing about broken relationships and stuff. I can already see were Castle of Glass is going. About being able to see the world around you but your cut off from it and alone. That's what I imagine from the title. I first misread it as Castle of Grass btw xD

David Vereker

David Vereker Banned

I loled at how the first two were these epic gorgeous pictures then I scroll down some more and it's just a sandwich ahahaha xD

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Good track names: Lost in the Echo, Burn It Down, I'll Be Gone, Castle of Glass (2nd best title), Roads Untraveled, Skin to Bone (best track title IMO), Until it Breaks, Powerless
    Ok track names: In My Remains, Lies Greed Misery, Victimized, Tinfoil

Good track names: The reqium, burning in the skies, empty spaces, when they come for me, jornada del meurte, wretches and kings, waiting for the end, blackout, iridescent, the catalyst
    Ok track names: the radiance, robot boy, fallout, the messenger, wisdom justice and love

For ATS: 10/15 good which equals 2/3
    For LT: 8/12 good which equals 2/3

But I vote for LT because LT paints a picture in my head when I read most of track names and they show meaning and abstract as the guy with the pictures said above

So LT names are better

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Because it is absolutely impossible that "Lies Greed Misery" could at all be tongue-in-cheek.

Right.

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

-what-the-fuck-is-wrong-with-you-thumb.jpg

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Hahahahahahaha this is the best post.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Blake

when WJL came out, i was like wth that is not a LP song title

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

This. There's one thing I don't get though. Everyone always complains that ATS has 6 interludes and 9 full songs. I think The Requiem and Jornada Del Muerto are more like "songs" than Cure for the Itch, which gets counted as a song by those same people. I feel it makes more sense to conclude that ATS has 11 songs and 4 interludes, but that's just me.

Blake

if the requim is a song? then what is WFTE? o_O

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Another song?

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Strictly talking about titles, a poll isn't even necessary. It's obvious ATS's titles are better. Blackout, Fallout, The Catalyst, Empty Spaces, Burning In The Skies, all great titles.

LT has it fair share, though. Lost In The Echo, Skin To Bone and Roads Untraveled are beast. Either way, my reaction to ATS's tracklist was jaw-dropping. These ones... well, Victimized, Powerless, lol, seriously? I know they suck at naming things but they can do better. They could've at least let them have their seed title, more often than not they're awesome. (Pacmanny, Meadowlands, Dingleberry)