Honda Civic Tour Presents Linkin Park, Incubus & MuteMath - US Tour Dates Announced

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Right on ticketmaster sir. I would like my pit tickets, which do tend to run a bit more. but that is kind of crazy..

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It depends on venue, although honestly...even 109 a pit ticket is a little excessive. I'm kind of disappointed.

3. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

From what I remember, he didn't say anything negative about their music. He basically said bands like Linkin Park wouldn't exist if it weren't for Deftones. He did kind of trash Korn, though.

And LOL @ those ticket prices if true. There's no way in hell I'd pay that much to see any band.

4. Derek

Ticketmaster is charging close to 20 dollars extra a ticket with obscene service fees. Even AFTER they were sued for it.

Word for the wise, if your venue has a way to sell tickets directly, buy from them. FUCK Ticketmaster. Hopefully the fanclub presale is through something other than Ticketmaster.

5. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

As much as I want to see Linkin Park live, I might skip out on these set of shows and just wait and see if they do a full tour of the US at a later time. I'm sure they will do a full tour of the US sometime next year.

I'm not trying to be cheap but current financial issues are telling me "This is awesome, but don't fuck yourself up!" :lol:

6. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

So, I asked the manager of Incubus who we have to bribe to get a tour date added for Florida. He responded: http://bit.ly/J0Bgxj.

Who the heck are our local promoters?

7. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Yeah 100+ tickets are fucking ridiculous. I love Lp but god damn

8. Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Your Venue. That's how I understood it last year as far as I remember. The negotiations don't start with the band per say, I'm pretty sure it's up to the venue. If they don't sell enough tickets the venue probably won't let the show run...

But regardless we can throw that out the window. It's kind of really lame and wacky schedule to say the lest however they are performing at locations that were missed on the ATS tour cause of Chester's condition. I don't get how you can go from Boston to Camden to Atlanta and not make a stop in NY or Philly. It just seems silly. I would have expected Jones Beach at the least but then again this isn't Projkt Revo and it's 'powered' by Honda.

and I mentioned this to Derek before, since there are two headliners (which STILL doesn't make much sense to me) the profits seem split 50-50. You figure the avg. LP ticket is $60 x 2, because it's a double headliner, = $120 for one ticket. If your close to your venue, buy the tickets there! My friend/coworker is going to SummerJam, bought tickets at Metlife Stadium and saved $30/tix. Ticketmaster uses a ridiculous 'sliding scale' method on seating and convenience charges. It's BS for them to stuff a pair of tickets with your name on it into a generic bill envelope to be delivered via USPS and then put in your mailbox. $30 shipping for a block of cheese makes more sense than ticketmaster.

--RS

9. the cool kid

the cool kid Well-Known Member

yea for real, i was like oh cool, they'll probally go to the new amway arena(which is huge and brand new) where the orlando magic play, NOPE they are not even touching florida, wtf, why LP
    why:facepalm:

10. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Maybe I'm strong but since the tour is sponsored shouldn't prices be lower? Last was the tix were 80 and that tour was unsponsored. I was expecting like 60 a ticket

11. Derek

It's because Camden IS Philly. You can literally stand at the riverfront with a baseball in hand, hit it across the river and you'll hit a building in Philadelphia. Sure Camden is not necessarily the "nicest" place (it's about as bad as Chicago in terms of crime) but it's still Philly. This is a summer amphitheater tour, and thus booking say...wells fargo for this tour doesn't really make sense.

12. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Fuck TicketMaster. Remember, these are the same thieves that will charge you a service charge to print your own tickets, using your own paper and own ink.

To make matters worse, for the tickets I've printed out from those crooks, a quarter of the page is the ticket and the rest is ads which you have to print out and waste ink on.

13. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

I don't actually, I am moving away from here in August and will miss the tour completely.

I would rather go to a LP-only headlining show anyway, as I am not a huge fan of Incubus or Mutemath.

But, seriously, this makes us look like the MikeShinoda.com "WEN U COME TO MAH CUNTRYYYY" fans.

14. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I intend to purchase some moderate seats for the 8/27 Dallas show. I won't stoop so far as to sit on the lawn... But I don't have front row money.

15. Derek

Confirmed to be 120 (with service fees already included) in Camden, for Live Nation. Ridiculous. Since when were two headliners worth that much? I didn't even break 110 for PR 2007 and that had 11 hours of music. I really hope this is not the direction the band is heading with ticket prices because there's no justification for it. I don't care who you are, or what band you are...the fans aren't made of money.

16. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

My PR07 ticket was around the 100 range. Not sure about shelling out that much for three bands, but two of them are Linkin Park and Incubus.

17. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Aaaargh. Just, Aaargh.

This is really discouraging. I love incubus, but I don't know if I love them this much. I think I may hold out and wait for an arena tour.

18. Derek

Yeah but 100 for a festival is justified, cause you basically have bands performing all around you for an entire day, as well as access to other events etc on the premesis. 120 to pretty much stand in the pit for 3 hours and not have anything else? Errr...

19. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

At least some complementary water...

20. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

NIN|JA Tour was half that, I believe.

Rapeage. There's no way I'd pay that much to see the LP hit parade. (As these types of shows tend to be.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.