Mike Shinoda Discusses Direction of LIVING THINGS with NME

Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lpfan89

lpfan89 You will pay for what you've done

You were talking about the itunes version, right? If so, thank you so much for answering lol. It's cheaper on itunes and I don't really care for the remixes. ;)

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

No, I was referring specifically to the linkinpark.com pre-order. I don't know anything about the iTunes one, sorry

3. lpfan89

lpfan89 You will pay for what you've done

Oh. :( It's alright. One of these days somebody will know something about the itunes one lol.

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

:(

5. minuteforce

Put a question down in the relevant thread about the pre-orders and/or PM Derek, who's the most likely to know everything ever.

This is worse than a one-word reply ;D

6. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Eh I'm gonna call bad example, I did not like that album at all (but im not much of a coldplay fan.) Viva La Vida is still their best album BY FAR

7. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Aside from me making an entendre from that...

No, the spirit is what they have returned to. What's different now is that they have more tools in their :toolbox: that they can apply the spirit to. The spirit isn't the tools. It's the blueprints. And to complete the analogy, the thing built is the music.

8. minuteforce

This doesn't clear up your point at all but, whatever. :)

Again, it's just the band's mentality of blending different sounds and styles (from the "toolbox") which is something they've done since they began making music together. They simply now have more resources ("tools") than they've ever had before to draw upon to do that same thing where they blend different things together to create a unique sound.

9. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Linkin Park confuses me with what they say all the time. Tbh, I feel like they're always trying to justify what they do when they should just do what they want freely.

10. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

Glad to see people liked "Mylo Xyloto". It deserves MUCH more credit than it got ("Charlie Brown" is one of the best pop songs I've ever heard!). Unfortunately, even Coldplay fans are now whining about how they should go "BACK TO DER ROOTZ". ;)
    Pop Culture expects everyone to stay inside a "box", fulfilling their respective roles. Whenever a Coldplay, Radiohead or Muse dares to change, the storm starts.

But yeah, about "Living Things", I'm really looking forward to this one. In my opinion, LP does their so-called "Pop" songs MUCH better than the "Experimental" ones. ATS was a genuine idea, but it wasn't the real LP imho. They were deliberately trying to be different, which even Mike is admitting now. Glad to see them using the old tools in the :toolbox: again.. :awesome:

11. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

:toolbox:

12. theycallmepraya

theycallmepraya $w∆gg3r.

if it did sound like reanimation...

i'd make out with you, i'd be so happy.

13. Vic

Vic No game no life

More than 60 days... I think I'm going to die...

14. minuteforce

Another cool thing is that Coldplay obviously wanted, with "Xyloto", to make some songs that were fun to play live - "Charlie Brown" is a great example and, if you've ever seen any live videos, they look like they're having such a great time on-stage. To hear Chester and the other guys in Linkin Park talking about how the newer songs have an "energy" that they wanted to capture, to me, means that they have a similar kind of agenda in mind. :)

15. Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

lol you are very funny son of ozzy

16. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

I don't like the hatred for Meteora, songs like Numb and Breaking The Habit really had to be heard, you know their hearts were in those tracks. It's some songs like Hit The Floor and Figure.09 I can see what people are saying. I say, take all of Hybrid Theory, take some of Meteora with you. Now, to make this post related to the thread, Living Things worries me a little, only because ATS swallowed me whole.

17. Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

You can say what you want but Mike is still trolling. The only difference is that he doesn't mean to troll this time. I mean, he just doesn't seem to know how to describe the style of this album. So I guess we'll just have to wait and listen to it.

What I still remember: they said "Burn It Down" was the most poppiest song on the album. So my guess for LIVING THINGS: more screaming of Chester (HT, Meteora), more rapping of Mike (HT, Meteora), a lot of electronic elements (ATS) and maybe one instrumental song.

18. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Hold on, kid! Don't you die on me now...

19. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

If Living Things is a mixed of all four previous work from the band, from HT-ATS and smashed all together for LT... Its very intriguing.. But the statement "Back to their roots" is a little bit hanging to my mind... :(

20. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

I absoutely love what they are doing and I thought a Thousand Suns was amazing.

However I really really really yearn for them to do that same sound with some distorted heavy guitars, instead of over using keyboards and syth's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.