The Hundreds Article: IN THE MIX Brings Insight into LIVING THINGS' Post-Production

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Yet while loving Blackout :lol:

I'll admit to not being a fan of pure dubstep, but I don't mind some slight influence from other genres in my rock music.

Not matter what it is.

merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

So cool to hear a bit of a description of how the first 2 songs on LT are. We've read about "LOST IN THE ECHO" and now it sounds like"IN MY REMAINS" could be a very HT LP song,even the title I think represents the "remains" of their original nu-metal sound it may be only one song but one would be enough for me just one more time would be nice. On ATS we got "wretches and kings" which if Chaz hadn't used a "rasta" imspired vocal take would of been minus the guitars a very HT esque LP track. When I see people complain abou the band leaving nu-metal behind I add up the songs "qwerty","bleed it out","blackbirds" and "waiting for the end" all those songs have Chaz and Mike in the spirit of old-school LP. The only thing I every now and again get down about is "qwerty" I remeber watching the first bootleg on youtube a week after it first got played in Japan and had read comments from Chester saying "this next record is going to be so intense" and on "qwerty" that definitely showed and we can only ever imagine the other really heavy songs that MTM may of had. Would of I liked another nu-metal or metal album after METEORA? Of course especially after hearing"qwerty" a very metal song without any real traces of an electronic influence so it sounded very fresh to me and not very like any track on METEORA I thought, but I have always LOVED this band since HT and Chetser Bennington is arguably the greatest singer of his lifetime and perhaps of all time I still have never anyone do what he has in his career. It's been a pleasure to listen nomatter how soft of "out there" the band has gone at different times the bottom line is we as fans are getting a NEW LP album in the fastest time EVER since the band released HT and that is all I care about because who knows just how many albums we will ever have? I hope alot more so if LP can put out a new album every 18 months thats all I could ask for as a fan period.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    Vida

Vida Member

Im getting too excited. I should really just stop reading all this news, it's a shame I wont be able to listen to this album until 2014 (serving a church mission in about a week), but Im thankful I at least got to hear Burn It Down hahaha. Amazing song and it looks like it's gonna be an amazing album.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Done.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

2014?! :lol: You might miss more than just one album, haha.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

:huh:

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Wait Derek. Did you change something because I just did?

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

WOW. Good luck with that mate, and I'm complaining about 15 days of delay, jeez. I respect you for that (not only for holding out on the album, but religion-wise).

Derek

Yeah you COMPLETELY wrote over my edit *smacks you upside the head*.

It's fine, just take out the "not much is known about manny" part. It IS Manny Marroquin.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Hey. The guy who mixed Meteora was the same guy who mixed Nirvana's Nevermind

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I'm with you bro :lol:

Derek

I think Manny's work on the verses of BID are excellent. The sound of the backing vocals behind the "caught in the burning glow" gives me chills everytime. Highlight of the song.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Hahaha, didn't even know I could do that since you are Mr. Admin. But that's what you get for deleting so many of my posts this week! :p

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I'm pretty sure a lot of us are.. :WTF:

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Also, don't say we're speculating it. If we know it's him, just say Manny Marroquin is mixing LT.

DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Wait did I just read that right? The first two tracks will sound like HT/METEORA?

Vida

Vida Member

Hey thanks a lot I appreciate that! Yeah I just like to picture 2014 as an epic year for new LP music for me, not only for LT, but they might have a new album out by then or at least an album to be released soon. Hope you and everyone else enjoy LT soon though. Sounds like it's gonna be a GREAT album!

Derek

Only the first two tracks though it seems. And I don't think the guy is even right about that. "Tribal Drums/Crystaline Keys/Screamed Vocals" (Lost In The Echo) sounds more like a hybrid of "When They Come For Me" and "Blackout" than Hybrid Theory to me.

*EDIT* Manny is fucking awesome: http://www.mannymarroquin.com/discography.html

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

And stuff about Justin Bieber as well ;P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.