The Hundreds Article: IN THE MIX Brings Insight into LIVING THINGS' Post-Production

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

This is what happens when people are closed-minded and don't reach out to other types of music. I can't believe people are still crying for HT-Meteora type songs. The last record that had that came out in 2003, almost TEN FUCKING YEARS AGO.

TEN.

10!

X!!

WTF people? Get over it! It isn't coming back!

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It is their best album. AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE, 'CAUSE STONE COLD SAYS SOSCREW WHAT STONE COLD SAYS.

[​IMG]

Wasn't exciting based on one song? That's like saying a movie soundtrack like The Social Network isn't exciting because not every track had oomph. And just because it SEEMS bland doesn't mean there isn't a highlight. Here are some highlights for every ATS track:

The Requiem: This song is made of sounds from every song on the album. That's freakin' awesome.
    The Radiance: Nice use of the Oppenheimer speech.
    BITS: Mike singing? A nice guitar solo?
    Empty Spaces: Crickets! Megaphone Brad!
    WTCFM: That instrumental man. Holy shit. Also, "Try to catch up, MOTHER FUCKA!"
    Robot Boy: Chester's vocals halfway through the end. Also that synth is sex.
    Jornada: That synth is sex.
    Waiting For The End: Chester's vocals in the last chorus.
    Blackout: Chester rapping? Mike's singing? The song in general?
    Wretches and Kings: That beat. Holy shit, that beat.
    WJ&L: Optimus Luther King, Prime.
    Iridescent: Group vocals and emotional weight.
    Fallout: Epic vocoder to natural voice fade.
    The Catalyst: You know the highlight of this.
    The Messenger: Holy crap, acoustic guitar and raw Chester vox.

Again, Private Donut is doing it right. You're an asset to the Red Team.

You're holding up ATS to "nu-metal" standards. The "real sound that made them from the first place" (hehe, FROM THE FIRST PLACE GAIZ) is the sound that made Limp Bizkit the laughing stock they are now. C'mon. Change is going to happen.

I've been a Linkin Park fan all my life, and other than Meteora, this band has always been too good to be true. Every time (other than Meteora) they put out an album, they push the boundaries of what they can and cannot do. You know what other bands do that? Radiohead. Nine Inch Nails. Red Hot Chili Peppers. Bands that many consider to be the best of the 90-00s. In terms of wanting to push and evolve their sound, LP can consider themselves blessed to have bands like these as their contemporaries. And they wouldn't even EVER be considered in the same breath as these Rock Gods if they did what you're suggesting and remembered "the real sound that made them from the first place."

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

dude its people like you that make me dislike this forum. I never said I hated ATS, i just think it is their worse. and besides you saying all Meteora fans listen to bad music which is false. and besides if someone likes Meteora that doesn't mean you should go around beating down people's opinions. It's not fact that Meteora is bad, some people actually really like it. Also, your Avy: Silversun Pickups. Swoon is my favorite album of all time and Neck of the woods will most likely beat it, so if I listen to bad music then SO DO YOU.

and I like MTM a lot, I love their softer songs. MTM was a masterpiece. Just because I dislike ATS the most does not mean I hate the songs on there, it may be my least favorite but that doesn't make it bad to me and does not make a fact that my music opinions suck.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

2010 (The Catalyst): LOLOMFG, THIS SONG IS ALL FASTPACED AND DANCEY. LINKIN PARK ARE TECHNO.

2012 (Burn It Down) : LOLOMFG, THIS SONG HAS A POUNDING TRIPLET DRUM BEAT AND A SUB BASS, IT HAS TO BE DUBSTEP.

I swear I'm in fucking dejavu. This fanbase has grown so predictable.

5. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Why is anything with a higher tempo generalized and put on the dubstep pedestal? No offense Schen.

Also, I STRONGLY agree with Minus when it comes to ATS. It's mature content and honest. It's in a league of it's own. Meteora is a album that was pushed out of Linkin Park. It's a clone(wannabe) that lacks creativity.

6. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

lol.what? BID doesn't sound anything like dubstep.

7. Sonic

Oh young lad, don't take it to the heart so much. Lighten up.

8. Derek

No offense but your opinion on these forums changes more times than that duggar lady's vagina has popped out kids. I never know what you think about this site because you either love us to pieces one week, or are disliking us/making broad & generalized statements about us based on one person's comments.

This forum doesn't bullshit, and there's going to be people on here who don't like Meteora. Just like there's many nu-metal kids on here who don't like ATS. With all due respect, to you and anybody else who gets upset because Meteora gets slammed on here from time to time: deal with it. Not trying to be disrespectful, but we allow criticism of the band's music here. The band doesn't want people kissing their ass, they want honest and subjective opinions on their music, and this forum provides that.

9. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Even though I wouldn't mind hearing one nu metal song just for the heck of it, I am talking more about just regular rock songs like New Divide, Given Up, and No More Sorrow. Oh and I apologize for thinking there was a little dubstep in BID. I'll go sit in timeout now with a dunce cap on. :)

10. Sonic

Bliss, don't take it personally. I have nothing against you, but you were the one that put the cookie on the table and I took it.

I WILL ALWAYS TAKE THE COOKIE.

But New Divide is techno.

11. As an electronic music producer who does dubstep as well, I feel bad from the dubstep haters :(

And honestly, to the ATS lovers, tone down the hate to the Meteora-fans, okay? There's oviously a very big bias to LP's newer material compared to the old. If others hate A Thousand Suns and love Meteora, it's their opinion. Music is 100% subjective. In fact, I could give you five reasons why Friday is a masterpiece (even though I think it's a terrible song).

I also don't think Linkin Park should go in more "rock" direction. As a former metal and rock fan, the whole genre has really faded away and there aren't that great rock or metal albums recently. The whole sound is starting to get really boring, and nobody is doing anything completely mindblowing or being unique with it. If they are, the rock genre is mixed with primarily Electronic. It's really difficult to do something completely fresh with pure rock nowadays, because you're basically limiting yourself to Guitar, voice, bass, drums and occasionally keyboard. With Electronic, it's a fairly new genre and there's so much ground to fulfill yet.

I'm going to get a lot of diagreements, but this is just my opinion.

EDIT: I'm not saying they should take away Guitars and basses though.

12. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Pretty much :lol:

13. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Meteora VS ATS, here we go again !:popcorn:

Anyway...
    No, no, and no!!!!! There are some recent records from that genre which are really mind-blowing IMO. If you aren't that fan of the rock/metal scene anymore, you can't know everything about it, and certainly not about the talented underground bands who doesn't get the recognition they deserve. Your comment made me think about the promoter/holder of a music compagny who didn't sign The Beatles. What he said at the time? "Oh you know, bands with guitars will soon disapear, it's not the good thing to do anymore"

14. Blake

I'm sorry if I come off that way, I still love the forum just some people i dislike. You are very likeable and so are most members but some I don't like, and its not the fact that people dislike Meteora, they can have your opinion. It's that certain people who dislike Meteora always mock you for the opinion of likeing it and often times state it like Meteora is fact that is their worst album. They can dislike it and even think its their worst, thats fine with me. everyone has opinions. It's just when people claim that its a fact that Meteora is their worst album and stuff like that.

Because your a fellow Silversun Pickups fan, we are all good ;)

15. Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

So? Meteora was my favorite album by them but I think that ATS pulls an extremely close second.

16. Blake

and I also would like to add, unless you know someone very well, sarcasm does not work well very often over the internet

17. Derek

The only reason I see some people get trolled on here sometimes is because they unfortunately open themselves up to it. Not that I condone abuse on here (and WILL warn if it gets over the line) but people sometimes make some WTF comments when advocating a return to nu-metal. If you notice when people are arguing ATS's greatness; or why they think it's the best album the band has done, the posts are always wordy, intelligent and well written.

Then you see posts by people on here who attack Linkin Park's evolution, and usually it's some misguided comment about how the band has gone techno, "HAS LOST TEH METALZ" or how the band sucks now or some other ignorant comment that really doesn't have much thought associated with it and instead comes off as immature mindless drivel.

If the "new Linkin Park haters" would conduct themselves more intelligently instead of making embarrassingly bad comments or Facebook fan pages (see the godawful ATS HATERS facebook club), they wouldn't get the weird reputation that they do. I know not all old school Linkin Park fans are like this, but so far their public image hasn't quite been done a lot of favors.

18. Sonic

You're late to the party, bro.

19. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

ATS their worst album?

Must hate Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd as well.

20. Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

Maybe a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.